On a scale of 1-10, how comfortable are you around the opposite sex?

I'm talking more in a general setting with guys/girls you don't know. Like the cashier in the checkout line. I am probably the most awkward person I know around guys, even after I've gotten to know you a bit lol.
  • 0-3 super comfortable
  • 4-6 so so
  • 7-10 get me outta here!
    Vote C
Yes guys, the voting scale is probably opposite of what you're used to. I'm numerically dyslexic AF, sue me! Just slow down and read the darn thing before voting! 🤦🏾‍♀️

74156

Most Helpful Guys

• I suppose it partly depends on who they are. I'm not terrified of a waitress, or a clerk... I can talk to them. Of course, if they're attractive, that changes (to a point). If they're attractive, it's a bit different.

I have to still put on some small act, though. I can't say stuff the same way (not that what I say is bad). But like I can talk about who I'm interested in with most guy pals. I'm not telling too many girls about any of that. I have to sound cool or be interesting. prove value, more than with guys (still have to do that sometimes, but less so).

• I love being around women more than men because I feel a lot more relaxed around them, plus they are more expressive and friendly from my experience anyways. This probably explains why I have a lot more girl friends than guy friends which I'm not sure if this is something to be proud of 😂 I know a lot of people will say gender shouldn't matter but I feel more like myself around women who aren't afraid to open up to personal conversations and are usually very thoughtful as well :)

For a scale rating, I would put a 0 for very comfortable around women! A 7 for guys because they make me feel tense at times :(

• That's great that you feel wo at ease around women

• @SleuthOnehundredOne Wrong topic for what I just said! I just feel more comfortable around women that's all. Its not to say I have a few guy friends but I just prefer hanging out with women more :)

Most Helpful Girls

• I love being around people! I don't view people so much in genders to be honest. I view them as people, interesting at that.
    I don't care if I'm the only woman in a room of men; it doesn't scare me, doesn't affect me. Same with women.

What I do notice is the general difference in approach and discussions. Body language. Women's discussions/judgments are more based on a personal level (feeling/approach/looks/behavior), men are more focused on subject/project level (tactics/tips'n'tricks/progress/goal).

• I’ve never really been awkward with other people, except perhaps with the (lady) clerk at Ardene where they were having a bikini sale and I loudly complained that they wouldn’t have any tops that would fit me. She said they would. Spoiler alert: they didn’t.