Do you trust your gut feeling?

Question inspired from an interesting conversation with fellow GAGers @tartaarsaus and @omgjassy
Do you trust your gut feeling?

• Yes, always
  • No, never
  • Something
    Vote C
  • Other / Results
    Vote D

5797

Most Helpful Guys

• Used to play Poker a lot and learned to distrust the gut feelings. Was more of a modern player focusing on rational reasons to deduce hand ranges, and not the type to ever attempt to pin an opponent to holding any precise two cards unless the board texture and betting patterns made it so obvious. I did better the more I learned to approach the game mathematically and statistically rather than through gut feeling.

I think most old school players who go by their gut instincts are also actually rationalizing a lot of their decisions, just in ways where they can't consciously explain their reasoning. They've still refined and trained their instincts, so to speak, and went through the same process of learning to distrust their initial intuitions when they were beginners.

• I use Poker as a metaphorical example since I've carried those lessons to the rest of my life to learn to distrust my intuitions. That was the most valuable thing that Poker actually taught me besides looking at things in terms of probabilities rather than black and white.

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, always. I trust my intuition over anyones reason, explanation or excuse. It's like my inner GPS. It guides me through life. It lets me know when something is right or wrong for me. The only times I've made mistakes , wrong judgments and wrong decisions is when i've talked myself into going against my my gut feeling , my own better judgment

• I've taken different routes, gone down different streets, etc. Simply because I had a bad feeling about the way I was going.

At least two occasions I heard about major accidents on a freeway I avoided.

• Oh woah. Glad nothing happened to you.

• Well, it's a great thing you've got instinct guiding you. I'm happy nothing happened. Hope you stay safe in future as well! :)

• Me too. Thanks