Do you trust your gut feeling?

Question inspired from an interesting conversation with fellow GAGers @tartaarsaus and @omgjassy
Do you trust your gut feeling?

• Yes, always
    Vote A
  • No, never
    Vote B
  • Something
    Vote C
  • Other / Results
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

4|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Used to play Poker a lot and learned to distrust the gut feelings. Was more of a modern player focusing on rational reasons to deduce hand ranges, and not the type to ever attempt to pin an opponent to holding any precise two cards unless the board texture and betting patterns made it so obvious. I did better the more I learned to approach the game mathematically and statistically rather than through gut feeling.

I think most old school players who go by their gut instincts are also actually rationalizing a lot of their decisions, just in ways where they can't consciously explain their reasoning. They've still refined and trained their instincts, so to speak, and went through the same process of learning to distrust their initial intuitions when they were beginners.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I use Poker as a metaphorical example since I've carried those lessons to the rest of my life to learn to distrust my intuitions. That was the most valuable thing that Poker actually taught me besides looking at things in terms of probabilities rather than black and white.

Most Helpful Girls

• I've taken different routes, gone down different streets, etc. Simply because I had a bad feeling about the way I was going.

At least two occasions I heard about major accidents on a freeway I avoided.

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh woah. Glad nothing happened to you.

• Show All
    • Well, it's a great thing you've got instinct guiding you. I'm happy nothing happened. Hope you stay safe in future as well! :)

• Me too. Thanks

• Yes, always. I trust my intuition over anyones reason, explanation or excuse. It's like my inner GPS. It guides me through life. It lets me know when something is right or wrong for me. The only times I've made mistakes , wrong judgments and wrong decisions is when i've talked myself into going against my my gut feeling , my own better judgment

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 95

• I know a whole lot about human behavior and tend to try and ignore my gut feeling unless I need it to get something right. As in I know when someone is subconsciously mad at me and to leave them alone. Or when someone was vibing on me I seemed to always just know.

1|0
    0|0
  • I generally listen to gut instincts... but I avoid following my heart when possible. Letting my feelings and emotions lead me gets me in trouble. Sometimes I'll get a feeling about something that tells me not all is as it should be, and when that happens, I try to listen. Other than that however, I know better than to follow along with my heart.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not without rational output. You don't know if its "gut" feeling ie intuition or simply over reaction. I wouldn't invest on gut feeling alone for example, I could end up losing a lot of money. There has to be rational, objective, empiracl reason, not gut feeling alone.

2|0
    0|0
  • I want to say yes, but i don't. And everytime it goes wrong, "i knew i should've followed my gut!"

1|0
    0|0
  • It is good to take your instincts into account it could be your subconscious noticed something you are not consciously aware of
    However it is bad to entirely base decisions on it as well because whatever you subconsciously picked up on might not actually be anything

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually, but its hard to know what my gut is even telling me... other than 'eat food now!'

3|0
    0|0
  • With women I have learned to always trust my gut feeling even if I can't prove it.

Females are scandalous.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm assuming the something opting was meant to say "sometimes".
    I try to listen to it but sometimes what it tells me just doesn't make sense to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. If I have a gut feeling I don't notice it. I suppose you could interpret my gut feeling to be don't trust anything because I need everything to be proven to me but I always thought that need was just because disproving the opposite is how I learn and understand things.

1|0
    0|0
  • i got no guts ;D;D;D;D; D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D D; D; ;D;D;D;D;DD;D ;;D ;D ;DD;D;D;D ;D ;D ;D ;D;DDDDDDDDDDD;DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

1|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • Oh boy. You fap session must be delayed today

• yes yes yes unfortunately ;(((((((( ;(;;( ; (;( ;( ; ( (; (; (;(;( ;( ; (; (;(;;((((((((
      how could i do that fap fap fap fap fap ;(;( ;(;(; (; (; (; (;; (

• Obviously. A gut feeling is literally your subconscious interpreting the 80% of sensory data your conscious mind ignores. And statistically, the "gut feeling" is right the vast majority of the time.

2|0
    0|0
  • I live with both in the essence we move like a conglomerate every part of me has a voice I pay attention too mind, body, and soul

1|0
    0|0
  • I started listening more after I've realized its been right ๐Ÿ˜

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes , my intuition is sharp , and have learnt not to ignore it the hard way... when my younger , much more hormonally driven self , let the hormones give the orders. Also , older = wiser !!

1|0
    0|1
  • I sometimes go with my gut, but I do believe there is such a thing a woman's intuition

1|0
    0|0
  • This questions makes me a bit confused.
    Do I trust it? Yeah def...
    But do I actually listen to it? Not often ๐Ÿ˜‚

1|0
    0|0
  • I generally do, thanks in part to it being proven correct most of the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • More often than not i do. The times i don't is when my brain provides me better reasons to listen to.

And i think the results are optimal so far.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its amazing sometimes you just feel that something is just not right, most of the time you are right...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, now I do. I just didn't want to trust it before but it was right all the time so now I trust it.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 55

• Is something supposed to be sometimes? I voted for that either way lol. Sometimes I do and other times even when I know I should, I don't.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah totally lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I tend to follow with my emotions more so than anything, but have come to learn to rationalize things in my head before acting out (especially if it's something of great importance). My gut only ever speaks though rumbling... and if it rumbles I give it what it wants - food.

1|0
    0|0
  • From now on I will. I have made bad choices before not trusting my intuition. I have learnt it has always been right. I just want to be open at the same time and "to not judge a book by its cover", but my intuition is trustworthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes absolutely trust your gut. I think that's why women get involved with the wrong man, or vice versa. They instinctively sense something amiss but go ahead anyway.

2|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. Your gut is irrational, so it's not always a good idea to listen to it.

P. S.: When I saw that picture I first thought it was an anit-abortion comic. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I always trust my gut feelings and it has always helped

1|0
    0|1
  • I usually fallow my guts and I can say my instincts are quite strong. Do not get me wrong, it does not always tell things that i really want to hear.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends sometimes when i know that what my head is telling me is true i ignore it but my gut feeling is always true and i should follow it more.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because the few times I havenโ€™t my gut ended up being extremely right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what my gut feeling is about. Typically, if it's about a person, I've hardly ever been wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its usually right so I listen to my gut... Especially when my brain and heart deceive me...

2|0
    0|0
  • Always get a gut feeling never listen to it 90% of the time I end up regretting it...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, more and more - hopefully soon I'll never ignore it.
    It's always right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do but sometimes I talk myself out of it I'm learning I should listen to it more often than not

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes. It helps based on certain things Iโ€™ve learned, possibly heard, seen, and experienced before with certain situations that may seem off than usual and maybe telling you to be cautious in going further or how far you go. Iโ€™ve regretted almost a handful of times not really listening much to mine, cause it ended up being right (when i found out about the end results; not saying this happens with everyone) but the times i did listen I probably felt more calm, at ease, and didnโ€™t worry as much. I was also able to handle moving on from the situation or just able to handle it better. Though, listening to your gut is not always right, itโ€™s what you likely learn from otherโ€™s experiences, reading, that of yours and maybe even of that of yours and others mistakes, weighing them out in what could potentially be helpful/safe/healthy & could be dangerous/unhelpful/unhealthy for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • My gut has gotten me out of a lot of bad situations. But donโ€™t only rely on your gut use your head and heart as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • My intuition is right about 90% of the time, so yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea most of the time, but i kind of have a sixth sense so i just know stuff

1|0
    0|0
  • If it doesn't involve math then my gut is usually right.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes