Why Do Some Mentally ill People Have A Special Look in Their Eyes?

I've noticed that some mentally ill people have special facial expressions and eyes. So it's not only people in movies, comics and TV-series that has that stereotypical look. Some criminals like terrorists, school shooters, serial-killers etc. do have this look. They often looks confused, have dilated or constricted pupils, a special smile and so on. I'm not saying every mentally ill people have this look. Most don't, but some do. #MentalIllness #Looks #FacialExpression
I can't use a real picture of a real person since I've to respect people's privacy. Therefor I used a cartoon character. Hope you gets the point!

811

Most Helpful Girl

• It's called expressions. They show what people feel. So it sort of is self explanatory that someone mentally ill most often than not cannot school or portray their features or hide using them.
    That's sort of like asking why some happy people smile.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm not an expert on psychology, but it could be because they have a different way of looking at the world. The reason they're mentally ill is basically because there's something wrong in their thinking. And it's our thoughts that show up as expressions on our faces. The "special" look in a mentally ill person's eyes could be a result of his ill thinking.

• That face is usually a mix of all emotions coursing theough them and their neural system is not wired in coordination with the rest of their bodies so sometimes they can't control their facial expressions and that's why they have that certain look on their face...