Can you smell when a girl is on her period?

I'm always freaking out when I'm on my period and wondering whether or not people can smell it. I never smell anything, but maybe that's because it's me? No one's ever told me I smell, but what if they're just being polite? I've never smelled another girl's, except once this lady in Wal-Mart... am I stressing for nothing or can you smell it when we're bleeding?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the answer is no for a random girl.
    A guy may be a lot more dialled into a girlfriend that he lives with, and then notice a change in her.
    Not something you should stress over.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If they're not standing close to your crotch, no one will notice any kind of smell

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• Yes, I can smell the crankiness from two miles away ;-).

Just kidding. There is no smell as far as my experience goes. Also, you need to realize that strangers actually care wayyyy less about you than you think they do. I don't mean that in a mean way, rather in an encouraging way. We all stress out about certain personal things but we tend to forget that we are us. Other people are not us, they're not in our body and they have their own life. For example a few weeks ago, I spent about 4 hours walking through the city, being at the hospital and sitting on public transport (bus, tram and train). When I got home, I realized that the zipper of my pants had been wide open the entire time. First, I felt extremely embarrassed but then I thought about it more rationally and realized how unimportant this thing must be to other people. In reality, there were probably very few strangers who even noticed my open zipper and the ones who did notice probably had already forgotten about it again 20 minutes later. And you know how I came to this conclusion? Because I'm no exception to the rule. When I'm in public, I sometimes come across smokers who smell absolutely disgusting. There are these people who get on the bus in the early morning and their old smoke is literally oozing out of their skin. It's one of the grossest smells in the world. And yet, one hour later, I have already forgotten about that person. Because like I said, people don't actually care that much. They've got their own problems and worries to deal with.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks so much, very inspiring, I absolutely hate cigarette smoke and you made really good points. However, I'm not really worried about strangers as much as I am sitting behind a guy I like and he turns around and talks to me or moves closer to me and I'm praying to God I don't smell. But thanks!

• 1|0
    0|0
    • I never wear white pants anyway because 1. They're not pretty to me and 2. My period is more unpredictable than me on it.

• Lol😂

• It is absolutely true.

Why risk staining the whitest of whites when you can't see it on the darker colours?

Not that i personally own white pants (id br afraid to sit on a bench outside for fear of an irreperable stain) but i even avoid my white undies for this reason.

• Sometimes but only in close proximity. With both my ex and my girlfriend I've been able to smell when they are on their period.

1|0
    0|0
  • Very rarely, but sometimes you can. It's normal, it's natural, women have periods. I wouldn't be stressing it. They can be difficult enough at times.

1|1
    0|0
  • I can't smell it unless I actually was like by their crotch area.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that shit smells like s gone off hot dog water lol

0|0
    0|0
  • A girl can smell juices on a guy if they are present..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. But only if im near that area

1|0
    0|0
  • No we can't we arnt bears lol

1|0
    0|0
    • *deep breath of relief*

• Show All
    • Don't scare me with evolution!

• Science is crazy yo

• Not unless I've lived with her lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only if I'm down there maybe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

1|0
    0|0
  • No but dogs and horses deffinity can

0|0
    0|0
  • ya hard... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No
    Can you

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • I can smell it

0|0
    0|0
  • not normally

0|0
    0|0
  • I have been with some, and I can say, certainly, that some women 'smell' differently, when they are having their period. Not like a BAD smell, but more sensual, and basal EROTIC, maybe.
    I am a lot more sensitive to smell than most, so I doubt most guys would notice!!

1|0
    0|0
  • The only time that I have noticed it is at the gym. If a lady is working out and going through the circuit using the machines, I have noticed it before. Other than that, no. And it's not that bad anyway.

1|0
    0|0
    • Her period or her b. o? I can't imagine doing much more than curling into a ball and groaning let alone working out on period, so I'm safe there.

• I would say period. The only reason I noticed is that I might walk through the area or take up a machine a woman was just on. But really it's not bad at all. Just somewhat noticeable. I've had sex with women on their period. It's not a dealbreaker... LOL

What Girls Said 4

• I can smell myself and i get so paranoid. One day i just straight up ordered my coworker to tell me anytime i smelled and she just shrugged and said she would have already if i did and she wouldn't be working with me if that were the case.

1|0
    0|0
    • I ask my friend the same but she always says I don't, maybe I'm just paranoid 🤔

• I think we all are.

It shows you care about your personal hygiene though so look at it as a good thing haha

• I can smell it sometimes because I bleed heavy. So there is a lot and I have to change everything out a bunch. It get's on my nerves and I get paranoid. However, with other women, I can only smell it in girls bathrooms normally. Outside of that I never do.

1|0
    0|0
  • its all about hygiene and how often your check and change.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes u can

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes