Does economic status affect people's behavior? Just for example, are people more generous or arrogant if they have more money?

• Yes it affects their behavior
  • No it doesn't affect their behavior
  • Other
    Vote C

1442

Most Helpful Guys

• This one is very simple to understand and at the same time trying to explain. Everything is circumstantial, it all depends on the person and how they grew up. And I'm not saying like if you grew up poor and I'll have money so you'll give money out or if you were born with money and you know you just have so much money that you think you can help others, no that's not the way it works. Have you ever thought to yourself man I really need some help right now if anyone could just spare such-and-such it would make my day or whatever, but only in moments of dire need. And then someone graciously helps you out when they themselves then have much to give those kind of moments shed light on a person especially when they make it big. However if someone is gone through something similar but they never got helped out and they had to grow up a hard life then they're going to be arrogant about it. And if you were born with a silver spoon and you were told that people have to learn what they need then you're also going to be pretty arrogant unless you have a kind soul and your goal is to help the world through your own means

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • The majority of people who invest so much time into finances or have a lot of money in general are more likely to be arrogant and selfishly focusing on their financial success and pride over thinking of people outside of themselves. They did the research; they feel like they've earned their money through hard work and making connections (or by pure luck) so why should they spend it on people who didn't help contribute to the cause? It's sad to say there are people who are influenced by greed; that there's never enough money to feel satisfied because there's always room for more control, more property and such. This is why you may notice that people who are poor can empathize the suffering of others who barely make enough to get by and want to help out as a result.

If you've grown up in a loving and caring family, you'll realize that money isn't everything; that having just enough to get by plus a little extra is all you really need in life. Because society has labeled money as a way to get what you want whether if it be via traveling, getting the car you always wanted, your own private place and such, some people will do ANYTHING to achieve that goal, even if it means inflicting harm onto others. I really do believe that the more money you make, the less empathic you'll likely be when you focus so much of your time on making money instead of bonding with people. This doesn't apply to everyone though; some people were raised by a loving family to know how to distribute money fairly through a balance of charity and personal income! It's just sad when we separate ourselves like this; that we all can't be one as a community and help everyone out.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Lol. thank god money exists.
      Cut the happiness shit, they would be miserable.

• Like first two para though

Most Helpful Girls

• No of course not depends on the person. For example my grandparents are quite loaded yet they're all about helping and saving the planet, they dont dress expensive or throw it in anyones face, they donate TONS to charity they're are far from arrogant.

Also my brothers Wife owns a franchise of bakeries and gas stations in the Phillipines but they do not flaunt it yet again, If you met them youd just think theyre normal. Their family is very loving.

It honestly depends on the person, most of these votes are from people who dont know anyone who has money.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 5d

My grandparents have gone as far to make sure when they pass a percentage of their will, will go to charity.

• Research shows that the poorest people in society give the highest percentage to charity.

Those who make $20 000 or less give around 11% of their income charity
    Those who make over $100 000 give around 6% of their income to charity

Those between $20 000 and $100 000 give the least out of any other group

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • 5d

Thats quite strange as my grandparents have put in their will, a percentage of their money will go to charity, thats why I dont like statistics they seem to generalise an awful lot.