Is being more emotional than logical a bad thing?

• Yes.
  • Neutral.
  • No.
    Vote C
Men are more logical, women are more emotional.
Logic > Emotion
Therefore,
Men > Women.

1631

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's not bad, but sometimes it can depend, like if you 'emotionally' beat people up or something then it's obviously a bad sign, but if you just do things that are moral or whatever then I guess it's usually more emotional than logical but it's still good

• I tend to be more logical and less emotional, and it has served me well all my life. But there have been times that that remote emotional part of me has come in handy.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd say "yes" assuming "emotional" means "negative and impulsive", and being negative and impulsive generally doesn't help you make good decisions.

I say "negative" because positive emotions like happiness generally don't interfere with your decision-making processes. The really intoxicating emotions that take control of us are usually negative ones spurred on by negative thinking patterns like despair, anger, fear, jealousy, hatred, resentment, and sadness. And people who act impulsively on such thoughts and emotions tend to be creatures of bad habits, repeating the same regretful mistakes over and over.

People who learn how to engage the brain more and think more productively tend to be the types who make much better decisions that lead to better outcomes for everyone involved as well as having the ability to learn from their mistakes instead of repeating them impulsively over and over.

That said, this is something you can train and master as a self-discipline to prevent negative thinking patterns (and therefore strong, intoxicating negative emotions) from taking overtaking your decision-making. Just because you started off more on the emotional side doesn't mean you can't tame it (you might just have a bit more work cut out).

• I also started off more emotional and impulsive and was particularly prone towards being empathetic and angry. Empathy can be useful and I've retained that, but I've learned to adapt my thinking patterns to be more productive and positive through Stoicism which largely overcame the negative thinking patterns and the corresponding anger issues.

• With that I became more free to think about things in a more calm and level-headed fashion with logic, and I started consistently making better decisions across the board as a result (improved my relationships everywhere from friends to family to work to lovers).

• Men are more logical? Is that why in the history of humankind, all the wars and millions of lives lost were because of the actions of men? Is that why most criminals are men, most mass shooters are men, most murderers are men, most rapists are men, etc?