Is being more emotional than logical a bad thing?

• Yes.
    Vote A
  • Neutral.
    Vote B
  • No.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Men are more logical, women are more emotional.
Logic > Emotion
Therefore,
Men > Women.

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I think it's not bad, but sometimes it can depend, like if you 'emotionally' beat people up or something then it's obviously a bad sign, but if you just do things that are moral or whatever then I guess it's usually more emotional than logical but it's still good

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to be more logical and less emotional, and it has served me well all my life. But there have been times that that remote emotional part of me has come in handy.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd say "yes" assuming "emotional" means "negative and impulsive", and being negative and impulsive generally doesn't help you make good decisions.

I say "negative" because positive emotions like happiness generally don't interfere with your decision-making processes. The really intoxicating emotions that take control of us are usually negative ones spurred on by negative thinking patterns like despair, anger, fear, jealousy, hatred, resentment, and sadness. And people who act impulsively on such thoughts and emotions tend to be creatures of bad habits, repeating the same regretful mistakes over and over.

People who learn how to engage the brain more and think more productively tend to be the types who make much better decisions that lead to better outcomes for everyone involved as well as having the ability to learn from their mistakes instead of repeating them impulsively over and over.

That said, this is something you can train and master as a self-discipline to prevent negative thinking patterns (and therefore strong, intoxicating negative emotions) from taking overtaking your decision-making. Just because you started off more on the emotional side doesn't mean you can't tame it (you might just have a bit more work cut out).

0|0
    0|0
    • I also started off more emotional and impulsive and was particularly prone towards being empathetic and angry. Empathy can be useful and I've retained that, but I've learned to adapt my thinking patterns to be more productive and positive through Stoicism which largely overcame the negative thinking patterns and the corresponding anger issues.

• With that I became more free to think about things in a more calm and level-headed fashion with logic, and I started consistently making better decisions across the board as a result (improved my relationships everywhere from friends to family to work to lovers).

• Men are more logical? Is that why in the history of humankind, all the wars and millions of lives lost were because of the actions of men? Is that why most criminals are men, most mass shooters are men, most murderers are men, most rapists are men, etc?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 14

• Hmm. I think a healthy balance is nice but, I'd say being too emotional isn't healthy.

As for your update: That was not logical whatsoever.

3|1
    0|0
  • I'm FAR more logical than I am emotional.๐Ÿ˜‚ Not many things make me cry, last time I cried was probaly like 3 years ago.
    Being emotional solves nothing. Being logical does.

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotion makes u do things that logic tells you is a bad idea

0|1
    0|0
  • You preach about being logical, but your update says otherwise.

1|0
    0|0
  • being both emotional and logical is worse, trust me (note im not saying equal)

0|0
    0|0
  • I was too emotional , maybe thatโ€™s why I lost my boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • In certain situations, yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.. well it depends, but i think a mix is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • it depends on the circumstance.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I would say so

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 29

• Being more emotional than average can be a good thing. You tend to experience situations in life with more feeling. It's only a problem, if the emotional part gets too far out of balance with your cognitive processes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Emotions compromise logical thought. And logical thought is the best way of thinking to achieve goals effectively. So yes emotional thought is bad in comparison. But it also depends on your goal. Are you trying to achieve love or build a fuckin mech suit lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm far more logical, I don't think I'd want to be more emotional than logical. However, I recognize that people who are more in tune with their emotions have natural social skills that I will never have

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes... Passion rules reason for better or worse.. Letting your passion (emotions) rule you only causes trouble for you and others. Though i completely disagree with your update, Women and men aren't better than each other, we compliment each other.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on Your career and personal life emotional people get also faster depressed it also can be easier happy. You can't live without it but too much just throws you out of your routine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Logic is a guess made with confidence. Both have a chance of making a wrong choice. One is based on how you feel, the other is based on what you think you know.

0|0
    0|0
    • Logic is not a guess. ๐Ÿ˜‚ Df? Logic is based on reason. In other words "if this happened, then that will happen."
      Ex: If there is a great white shak in a pool, then I will get harmed if I try to swim with it.

It's not just something you pull out of your ass with confidence. It's based off truth, it's not just some random guess. It's a cognitive anticipation.

• Show All
    • Well you didn't say an educated guess, you just said a guess made with confidence. I could guess that you were 3 years old with confidence, but that doesn't make a logical guess.

Logic is using evidence, statistics, and or facts proven to be true then formulating an argument or whatever.

A guess as simply pulling an answer out of your ass based off no knowledge or information whatsoever.

Now an educated guess is a hypothesis. You take a look at information or look at an object and predict what will happen. Based of what you see you make an educated guess what's going happen. Educated guesses are somewhat likely to be true but it's not 100% full proof. It's more of 50 50 chance of being right.

An educated guess is something you say or think of before you find out what actually happens, and what's actually true.

• Right dont get me wrong I'm more for logic than emotion, but in the end neither are guaranteed to be right. So based on that I can't argue one is better than the other, they both have their place in society. Thats all I'm saying.

• I vote no because I have tiny logic and 0 emotions.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also
      Logic >emotion is obvious.
      It's logic Vs creativity or (left side vs right side)
      Men is more rational, but women's right side is creativity (creative thinking, inventing etc)
      Everyone can use both side of their brain.
      The greatest men of any influence are able to use both sides.

• As long as you understand that about yourself and still make the right decisions for you, it doesn't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes emotion is much better to rely on than logic and vice versa. It's very situational.

0|0
    0|0
  • There can be scenarios where it is a good thing but most of the time you want rational thinking to be more valued than emotional.

Let me give you an example, men have controlled the business world for a long time. They're starting to figure out things like public image matters in regards to charity and treating your employees matters because they result in more profit. A person who is more emotionally aware and caring would have implemented systems that take care of people but since we have people only focusing on the bottomline they didn't figure that out til semi-recently.

I can't think of a stituation though where strong and raw emotion is better than logic. Unless it's something ethics based but you could also argue that ethics is very logical as well and doesn't necessarily need emotions to dictate it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes