How can I face my biggest fear?

I have a fear of being in the dark especially at night. I sleep with a lamp and tv on because I have an extreme fear of the darkness which is weird because I used to be able to sleep in the darkness when I was younger like around 16 but as I age it gets worse ☹️. Growing up with a big family I shared rooms with my sisters for about 15 years, we recently moved houses and I got my own room I love it but I dread it at night. How can I get rid of this? Is it common in adults? How can I face my biggest fear?

56

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you just aren't used to being alone. The dark enhances that feeling. You were raised with sisters in your bedroom, so i think it can be normal for that reason.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it if you're interested in having a partner in the future. Try turning off the tv and turn on a playlist of music (that will turn off after some time after you're guaranteed to be fallen asleep). And i dont see whats wrong with a lamp until you have a partner to sleep with in the future. Dont worry :)