Would you prefer to spend more time around your own gender, or the opposite gender?

• I'd like to only spend time around the opposite gender, not my own gender
    Vote A
  • I'd prefer to spend much more time around the opposite gender than around my own gender
    Vote B
  • I'd prefer to spend more time around the opposite gender than around my own gender
    Vote C
  • I'd prefer to spend an equal amount of time around the opposite gender as my own gender
    Vote D
  • I'd prefer to spend more time around my own gender than around the opposite gender
    Vote E
  • I'd prefer to spend much more time around my own gender than around the opposite gender
    Vote F
  • I'd like to only spend time around my own gender
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I would like more opportunities with the opposite sex. In fact, still a single girl that's a friend would be nice. But it has to be girl I can chill with and not an acquaintance. The kind of girl, where on her day off, I knock on her door she shows up with bedhead a random t-shirt and yoga pants and goes what's up, and I say can I chill with you, and she says sure. Not the kind that goes, what are you doing here? It's the kind I can chill with and relax with. No fronts, hopefully that makes sense

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I can't believe there are still so many girls who prefer guy friends because girls are "dramatic." When a girl says this, it's an immediate red flag and they should be avoided at all costs because usually it's *they* who are the problem. It's a very misogynistic viewpoint to have... because not all girls are the same, it's just that you either attract very unlikeable people or perhaps you're not very likeable yourself. I have made very close friendships with women in my life and I don't know where I would be without them. I've actually seen and heared of guys being catty and beind dramatic as well. I have had a guy friend like this recently and our relationship ended because of it. I have actually had more friendship losses with guys than girls in my life. Although girls can definitely be catty, rude, and vindictive, so can guys... some even moreso. I suppose it all depends on the kind of people you attract. <3 Personally I love my guy friends and girl friends the same, but the guy friends I'm closest to right now are only because there were romantic feelings involved. With girls, it's so much different.

0|0
    0|1
    • okay it's not that personal lo

• @Danielleo It's just my opinion. I see it so often so I'm allowed to share my beliefs about it...

• okay like I said it s not personal lo

• Prefer the company of men a lot of the time. They do not assume I am just a housework or mother. They do not assume that when I say I own and run businesses they must be menial, unimportant and part time. They do not go on and on about their lovers messing them around, their babies and make up.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 115

• I like to spend time around interesting people. To me, interesting people are those who are kind, good-natured, who have many varied interests, and a rich history/backstory. Nothing more boring than spending time with someone who isn't invested in anything in the world. A person's gender and biological sex doesn't enter into the equation of who I'd want to spend time with.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the individuals. I know some fantastic women who I enjoy being around and doing things with, and I know some petty, toxic women (my oldest sister, for example) who I can't stand to be around. And the same is true for men, except there are fewer who are awful to be around.

I am not particular about the sex of the people I spend time with, but I am very particular about their personalities.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ha since I was about 8 I prefer to be around females, I'm hyperactive and talkative at times ha most dude like me but find me exhausting and I find them often dull, the emotive nature of females entertains me and they can seem to handle my hyperactivity better

1|0
    0|0
  • People in general are super interesting, both sexes. I will ask different questions based on their gender, but I like both genders, I’m just not going to ask a guy a provacative question, and I’m not going to expect a girl to know who won the Super Bowl last year (even though some do know the answer).

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls talk over me too much. Ironically, guys aren't dicks like girls are when it comes to social situations. I can actually have conversation with a guy. With girls they practically demand that I sit, listen, and shut up by their nonverbal signs (older women don't do this so much though - mostly my peers)

1|0
    0|0
  • I already am exposed to both genders on a regular basis and neither really satisfy me, though I will say it's a little better around women than men. With men you deal with a kind of clique of its own where the group will judge you as not cool enough because you're not like them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I find guys way more fun and easier to deal with. I only spend time with girls if its either sex or a girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Time with a good woman is time very well spent. But men and women can never be just friends! I need my tribe of men to hold me accountable to my actions and my masculine virtues. I would ebb more along the lines of spending time with the same gender.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men who say they prefer time with the opposits gender only mean it in a sexual sense.

0|1
    0|0
    • Nah. I have heard the same from gay guys

• Gay men are very different to straight men, even if we disregard their sexual orientation.

• A mixture of both, because who the fuck likes sausage parties, but at the same time women always congregate together especially teens or people my age, and if you're not outgoing enough you'll be swept away and outcasted.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm around dudes all day at work. Lot's of them. So when I'm off I like to spend as much time as I can around women.

0|0
    0|0
  • My male friends are great, but if I could have more female friends and spend more time with them I would.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on what you are doing. Females are a pain to party with but they can be good to hang with if they handle a good conversation but that often doesn't work because men and women tend to like to talk about different things.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love being around girls more than guys because I don’t have a girlfriend right now. I need to be around girls until I have a steady relationship with a girl.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gender doesn't matter as much as if the person is fun to be around.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to spend all of my time either alone or around people I like, regardless of their gender. But since guys tend to be assholes and girls don't I prefer girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't spend much time around anybody, but I only have female friends at the moment, so I chose the equal time, but that might not always be true, depends what they do.

0|0
    0|0
  • I get along better with women the guys... I think its a territorial type of thing subconsciously.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wanna be with everyone, but sometimes, I like to alone. Not being in a relationship, actually helps me to be myself, so that I can be myself all the time. I don't want to impress anybody, so I am comfortable with myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've been getting more and more uncomfortable around girls. So I prefer to chill with the guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 65

• I like to spend a good amount of time with both. I have a good group of girlfriends that I've known for more than half my life. I also have a few good guy friends. Love them all, but I need breaks from time to time. From everyone lol. I prefer to spend time alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never seem to get along with girls in general... I find it tiring to pretend I'm interested in their little dramas... With a few exceptions, all my friends are guys... My best friend is a guy.. And I. Am a. Lot more confortable around him than around any girl I ever had in my friend circle

0|0
    1|0
  • I like to spend time with the opposite because they like cars, guns, fishing, off road, and basically all the same things as me. Plus, I don’t have to worry that they are prettier than me or that they will steal my man.

0|2
    0|0
    • honey if you're worried if someone would steal your man it's your man you should be worried about, not them. because if you can't trust him around other women then clearly you shouldn't be with him. just saying!

• not saying you shouldn't be with him but when women say that don't trust their boyfriends around other girls it's an immediate red flag... trust is a highly important factor in every relationship.

• I prefer to do what most people consider guy things (dirt bike, play hockey, watch hockey, things like that) most women I know aren't into that sort of stuff so I like to hang out with my brothers and their friends vs my girl friends. Although I do have online girl friends who like the same things I do but nobody even close to where I live.

0|0
    0|0
  • I prefer being around older dudes, they’re super cool, funny, and we get along really well. It’s super difficult for me to actually get comfortable around girls though. I don’t really have a girl best friend.

0|0
    0|0
    • Show All
    • I get how you feel. Most of my guy friends actually I’m not super super close with, we’re just people who laugh at each other’s jokes and are pretty chill around each other. I have one that I think might have feelings for me based on what his friend said, so I’m trying to make it work out with him. He’s a little tough to interpret though, and isn’t exactly quite like the others.

• Your first comment is right on point thats like for everyone but people deny it for reasons of their own

• I go to an all girl's school so I have no choice but to spend time with my own gender but I do have some male friends. I find guys a bit hard to talk to sometimes but I also find that my hobbies and interests line up with theirs much more often so when I do make friends, they're more fun to talk to.

0|1
    0|0
  • Equally would be preferable, mostly had male friends as girls don’t like me much. Currently spending time with the boyfriend only atm 😣 love him tho so it’s fine

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends where I am. In my hometown, I mostly have female friends. In the city I currently live in, I have mostly guy friends. So most of the time I’m with the guys but I try to make time for my girls too even if it’s just a phone call.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like being around boys because they are more polite and (in my opinion) more brutally honest with you which I personally like better than being lied to. Plus there isn't much drama around boys, whereas girls get mad at each over little things.

0|1
    0|0
    • That's interesting: polite but brutally honest. Could you explain more? I'd say I'm like that

• @PeterB1517
      Well, let's say you ask a guy about your outfit and it looks bad, he would most likely tell you that it looks bad whereas a girl might tell you it looks good (In this instance, your good friends with both). Plus I feel like boys are more trustworthy cuz if they don't want to be your friend they will most likely straight-up tell you, whereas girls keep you as a friend to use you then when they have good dirt on you, they turn and ruin your reputation. (In the instance that you did something bad like spreading a tiny rumor about them but people eventually find out that it's not true but when they spread a rumor about you, everyone believes it)

• Yeah, way women gossip and tarnish reputations, it's very bad. The power of gossip, and really speaking negatively about someone is very strong. Ok, so let's say you're out 2 days from school. And your group is at the lunch table, and they say, "She is so foul. She hooked up with loser. She's so desperate for attention or friends." Then the next time your with 1 of those 4 girls, even you BFF of the groups, she looks at you sideways, holds her distance, and decides in her head she can't be friends with you because maybe you're bad, and the other girls don't like you. I like to discuss/analyze people, so I'm guilty of it to. But you need to stop yourself when it becomes malicious, or you're revealing things to a group you shouldn't reveal, or distorting the truth.

• I'm more comfortable with my own gender but I don't mind hanging out with the opposite. I only grew up with boys so I really wished had female friends and I have some luckily. Been friends since middle school

1|0
    0|0
    • I found it interesting that a lot of people preferred the opposite gender. I myself noticed that with my friends we all grew up with boys so we liked hanging out with one another.

• It don't matter lol i get along with both genders ewually but i find guys to be more laid back😂😂 but there's just certain things u can talk about with girls that u can't with guys so yeah it depends.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer spending much more time with guys than girls... last time I tried hanging out with a group of girls they bailed on me ) : guys are way nicer to me

0|0
    0|0
  • I like spending time around guys because they know how to keep a conversation funny and interesting. They also share a love for animation and politics. I’m usually selectively quieter so I feel relaxed by guys slow and easy way of communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • Girls tend to be too competitive and come with too much drama so I enjoy the company of men instead. Plus I like the attention men give me even though we are friends whether they want to be more than that or not.

0|0
    0|0
    • Same here but I have lots of wonderful female friends, I do love male attention and they do make me feel like a princess but I don't really have a problem with girls.

• I'd prefer to spend more time around the opposite gender than around my own gender.
    Girls can be a bit too bitchy / judgmental for me.

0|2
    0|0
    • Maybe you're the problem then. I avoid women like you at all costs because it's an immediate red flag when girls say that. Don't categorize women and think we're all the same because there are some women who are very loving and kind hearted. It all depends on the type of people you attract.

• Show All
    • I'm sorry you feel that way! Pretty much everyone who knows me says I'm a sweet girl and some of my friends call me an angel... only as a compliment of course, but they always tell me I have a kind soul. I am sorry if you feel I was rude, I didn't mean to come across that way. I only wanted to correct you becuase you are essentially categorizing all girls as rude and judgmental. And you mean to tell me you're actually a positive person when you're literally being sexist? Women probably don't like you because of how rude you are. I don't know you so I'm not going to say you're a bad person, but the way you come across is just very unkind. I love my guy friends as well, very much... they're loving and sweet and make me feel loved and secure. But, I've dealt with more negativity from men, in actuality. I recently lost one guy friend because he was very toxic. All I dearly ask is that you not generalise us women and think we're all the same, because we're not.

• @elegantprincess I don't generalize it's just true there's much more women who judgmental than men who are. Too I have much more female friends than guys but guys are in general cooler and judge much less. That's just true, for my country at least.

I never said all women were the same just that there's more judgmental women than judgmental men (in my country).

I don't deny the fact that your friends called you an angel so don't deny the fact that were I live women are more judgmental than guys.

• I have male and female friends, acquaintance's, and confidants in my life. I spend a lot of time around both genders and love.

0|0
    0|0
  • both are good... I need girls to spend time with but boys too

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't like females because most are jealous of me, insecure and look like shit. So I prefer to be around men.

0|0
    1|0
  • I LOVE hanging out with guys! They are a lot funnier and a lot less bitchy than girls. They are amazing.

0|0
    0|0
    • I absolutely love and adore my guy friends too... they treat me like an angel, but I love my girl friends as well. Please don't generalize and make sexist comments like that because there are some really wonderful and kind hearted women in the world too! It just depends on the people you attract ♡ xx

• I don't really care what gender someone is, so I picked the "equal amount" option. ^_^

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes