Are women really obligated or feel pressured to wear makeup in order to attract MEN?

I feel like her chances are higher if she wears makeup! And she is more attractive than the ones that don’t wear makeup ! Now I’m not saying makeupless women are ugly some actually very few are extremely beautiful without makeup 💄!! Even men would look at women with makeup and be attracted to them more than the bare faced women.. it’s like an embedded pressure what are your thoughts on this?

1947

Most Helpful Guys

• There's a lot of debate about this. I treat make up like the clothes you wear. If you wear nice clothes appropriate for the occasion, you look and feel nice. If you overdress it makes you look like a prick.

Wearing make up is not required, just like wearing proper clothes is not required. You can go to the date in jeans and a tee shirt. But you're trying to impress someone and get them to like you, so are you not going to put effort into your appearance?

The root then becomes, "why do women require makeup when men don't? The answer to that is "because women said they wanted to." Creating contrasting outlines on the eyes make them bolder, and appear larger. Larger eyes (while staying within proportion with the rest of the face) is typically seen as more attractive by our species.

• I have a my take coming up, hopefully by tonight (fingers crossed) but it says and I will say it here. Makeup is an advantage, not a disadvantage. It's an extra tool in your dating arsenal. It's not about wither it's an obligation or a pressure but does it work! If you were hold a piece of steak in front of a dog and say I really think a dog should be able to control himself and he would be a better dog for it, will he still go for the steak? Can the dog be trained not to of course! But my point here is, if a girl is wearing makeup next to you and you are not, does that make him more attracted to you or her? I mean, does it work? If it does not work it's a dead practice by all means stop doing it! But... if it attracts men. I suppose you could go without it and get a guy that looks past that, it's very possible and I am not going to say that it won't work. But men take notice to things like that and I guess the question is do you want more men to notice you? I'm in the same ballpark as you, if I want to attract girls there are things that I have to do about my appearance to make it happen. But I will end with this, I know men that use concealer because they want to, it's an advantage to them! Men don't just like it, in some cases they envy it. You make it to be a women exclusive thing but if society let men do it, they to some extend would be doing it too

• I felt that I may have laid this one on a little thick, I did not mean to cause tension, I was trying to use a powerful writers argument but I think I may have went a little too far. But I am going to ask a question about this today, there has just been so much about do we really need makeup. I would like to ask you a question and I promise to not go into detail and I will be respectful to your responses. Why do you think makeup is bad? Is it time, the facial discomfort, chemicals or is it the fact that you wish guys would like you for you and not for your make up?

• Cool! I'm glad that was helpful too you!! I was a bit worried... Thanks for the MHG!!!

Most Helpful Girls

• It's a complex issue.

We're simultaneously force-fed the 2 contradictory lines of "look pretty by doing xyz or no one will ever love you" and "just be happy with who you are because that's what people really want"

I think we're pressured by media through paid advertisement and sponsorship to use the products and men honestly don't give a shit.

Makeup exists to mask small skin flaws and compliment facial features. It isn't a substitute for good genes and it definitely does not make you appear hot when your face is so painted on that you should be juggling bowling pins in the circus.

Anyway, I rarely wear makeup so my opinion is worth as much as a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin' it on.

• Women aren't obligated or pressured by anyone other than themselves typically. I've never had a man in my life tell me I have to wear makeup. My mother, on the other hand, raised me to believe you get ready every day to look your best. Most women just arrive at this conclusion because they see hot girls with makeup getting male attention and they take it as: "Waaah, I'm not getting attention, I'm forced to wear makeup to look like her so men will like meeee!"

We are our own worst goddamn enemies.