Is it wrong to block people for being negative?

I’ve decided to block out anybody in my life who brings negativity toward me
In real life and online.

Yeaterday i had to block 3 girls..
One of them was a really really good friend of mine & she liked me.. but it’s like a policy of mine now...
i know she’s probably upset but...

She caught an attitude with me for no reason
She started fussing at me because she had a bad day at work.. I started talking to her at the wrong time... She just kept Just fussing and fussing... So I blocked her before she could finish..

Im sorry but... I block any negativity no matter who you are.. I’m done with it.
Another girl I had to block because she wasn’t being a good friend
I was going to ask her to do me a favor and she immediately said no.
She didn’t even know what I wanted

am I wrong?
  • Yes it’s wrong
  • Nothing wrong with it
  • Results
    Vote C

1829

Most Helpful Girls

• This is subjective. Only you can answer that question and seems that you have. Also, do you think it was selfish for you to block the girl if she said no to your favor? Maybe she was busy or merely joking. There's always two sides of the story.

And your friend? Maybe if you let her know that you're not into any negativity that she might have apologized for unleashing her horrid day upon you.

Personally? I wouldn't block anyone negative or no. If I can't handle them online, how am I going to be able to do so in reality?

• I mean I get wanting to block negativity but are you even trying to talk to these people about how they're making you feel? Everyone has a bad day and sometimes says the wrong thing at the wrong time, it doesn't mean that they're a shitty person and that you should block them immediately. And if you don't let them know that it's affecting you, then how are they supposed to know when to stop? Of course if they do it repeatedly and ignore you trying to say that it's hurtful or exhausting to listen to their negativity, it's understandable that you block them. But you should at least give them a chance by first letting them know that you're not going to put up with that type of negativity. Otherwise it's not really fair.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd say that you control who you want to talk to or be around. That's completely on you but everyone is going to have some negativity. No one is perfect and having rigid standards could be a very bad thing. You could end up speaking to very few people, but if you're introverted that's probably ok.

(But never block someone because of their beliefs or you're a cuck.)

• I’m introverted
      .. trying not to be
      but I’m not a negative person.. when I am feeling down i don’t take it out on other people
      So I feel like it shouldn’t happen to me

• if shits are being shits, sure, get rid of them!
    but to just block anyone who has a bad day and is a bit stressy? or are perhaps struggling with complicated emotions? no.. that's cruel, have you ever been blocked when your in a bad place with no opportunity to explain yourself or apologise? it's really not nice.
    if you really can't deal with them in that moment, then don't deal with them at that moment. but to just cut them off entirely is really cruel, especially for this poor girl that has feelings for you, don't do that to a person! if you really can't deal with her at least give her the chance to say goodbye properly.