Is it wrong to block people for being negative?

I’ve decided to block out anybody in my life who brings negativity toward me
In real life and online.

Yeaterday i had to block 3 girls..
One of them was a really really good friend of mine & she liked me.. but it’s like a policy of mine now...
i know she’s probably upset but...

She caught an attitude with me for no reason
She started fussing at me because she had a bad day at work.. I started talking to her at the wrong time... She just kept Just fussing and fussing... So I blocked her before she could finish..

Im sorry but... I block any negativity no matter who you are.. I’m done with it.
Another girl I had to block because she wasn’t being a good friend
I was going to ask her to do me a favor and she immediately said no.
She didn’t even know what I wanted

am I wrong?
  • Yes it’s wrong
    Vote A
  • Nothing wrong with it
    Vote B
  • Results
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• This is subjective. Only you can answer that question and seems that you have. Also, do you think it was selfish for you to block the girl if she said no to your favor? Maybe she was busy or merely joking. There's always two sides of the story.

And your friend? Maybe if you let her know that you're not into any negativity that she might have apologized for unleashing her horrid day upon you.

Personally? I wouldn't block anyone negative or no. If I can't handle them online, how am I going to be able to do so in reality?

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean I get wanting to block negativity but are you even trying to talk to these people about how they're making you feel? Everyone has a bad day and sometimes says the wrong thing at the wrong time, it doesn't mean that they're a shitty person and that you should block them immediately. And if you don't let them know that it's affecting you, then how are they supposed to know when to stop? Of course if they do it repeatedly and ignore you trying to say that it's hurtful or exhausting to listen to their negativity, it's understandable that you block them. But you should at least give them a chance by first letting them know that you're not going to put up with that type of negativity. Otherwise it's not really fair.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd say that you control who you want to talk to or be around. That's completely on you but everyone is going to have some negativity. No one is perfect and having rigid standards could be a very bad thing. You could end up speaking to very few people, but if you're introverted that's probably ok.

(But never block someone because of their beliefs or you're a cuck.)

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m introverted
      .. trying not to be
      but I’m not a negative person.. when I am feeling down i don’t take it out on other people
      So I feel like it shouldn’t happen to me

• if shits are being shits, sure, get rid of them!
    but to just block anyone who has a bad day and is a bit stressy? or are perhaps struggling with complicated emotions? no.. that's cruel, have you ever been blocked when your in a bad place with no opportunity to explain yourself or apologise? it's really not nice.
    if you really can't deal with them in that moment, then don't deal with them at that moment. but to just cut them off entirely is really cruel, especially for this poor girl that has feelings for you, don't do that to a person! if you really can't deal with her at least give her the chance to say goodbye properly.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• There is absolutely nothing wrong with that... People can be toxic for you at times... and staying away is just the option! When they start making you feel bad about yourself.. or just in general when you don't have the same thoughts... it's easier to ignore them rather than keeping in touch

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it’s absolutely fine to do that. You don’t need negativity to bring you down.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wrong, I don’t know. Immature though. That’s what my friends used to do in 5th grade whenever we would get frustrated with one another. I’ve never done it because it’s like the silent treatment, doesn’t really solve anything. For being mad at you once? Damn.

1|0
    0|0
  • You seem like you're being too quick to block.

But seriously? You blocked someone because they said they couldnt do you a favour? She was probably just too busy to do you even a small one. Calm down. Thats not negativity thats life.

0|2
    0|0
  • That may be Wrong but Blocking them for Going Way Overboard is a better Reason to Block them. At least for the Moment. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • No I don't think it's wrong... you should do what's right for you...😊👍

0|1
    0|0
  • If you can't take negativity then it's best to block them. And if its what's healthy for you then you shouldn't feel bad

0|0
    0|0
  • Blocking people is a negative attitude.

0|2
    0|0
    • no
      a block is just forcing them to leave you alone
      it’s not negative... Reporting them is negative

• Show All
    • Not accepting someone’s negativity is not negative

• LOL good grief. Say your response out loud a few times.

• You answered your question

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all

0|1
    0|0
  • nothing wrong, it’s your choice

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|1
    0|0
  • Not if you never intend on unblocking them.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I block people and get blocked all the time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do that too. And my life got 10x better. Im not joking. Im not spending hours listening to my friends problems about love and things like that. I dont care about many people.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 27

• First one, debatable, a lot of people project and later apologize.
    Second one, for lack of a better term, she was a bitch.
    I would have kept the first and got rid of the second in your shoes. However, there is nothing inherently wrong with that, just know that it might make you alone for a while.

0|1
    0|0
  • This is the one life you're given, God didn't say you had to spend it dealing with other people's negativity. If you know that negativity is going to affect you negatively, then do the smart thing and block them. Eventually they will have to learn they are causing some issues in their life and need to make a change.

0|0
    1|0
  • Criticism and such is important, but overall negativity should be fine. Just make sure you know the difference between someone telling you something - even if it may hurt your feelings - for the intention to help you improve and people borderline harassing you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only block people who block me. or if they are attack friend or family members but if they are being negative than no saldy we can't expect the world to change if we are only. willing to accept our own view points watch this and see https://youtu.be/ORp3q1Oaezw

0|0
    0|0
  • You should always stay consistent with your principles, no matter how difficult. The fact that you followed through on your principles even though you felt bad about doing so shows integrity.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but I think you should warn them first that their behaviour is unexceptable and it is affecting your friendship, one thing to remember with friends, it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't. That way they can change their behavior.

0|0
    0|0
  • We're all human. Nobody is perfect. Usually we're negative when we're having a rough time. If you block people out like this, you'll end up with nobody left. If they're being abusive, that's a totally different story.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you continued like that you gonna end up with no one in your life! And if you are really positive they can't effect you by their negative

0|0
    0|0
  • Negative people drag you down with them. You don't need them in your life

0|2
    0|0
  • Your choice dude. A life where everyone kisses your ass and likes your dirty underwear. Its like a poor mans millionaire.

0|0
    0|0
  • Negativity should not be necessarily avoided if there's constructive criticism with it. Constructive criticism is extremely important. Helps you to prepare or prevent future failures

0|0
    0|0
  • Hard to say. I understand you but at the other hand, you should stand by your friends if they are negative.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, I wish you could do that to work colleagues who you have to sit near =/

0|0
    0|0
    • In real life I block people off by ignoring them
      Literally..
      there are immediate family members I see everyday but haven’t talked to in years.. not a word.
      it’s probably impossible to do that at work though

• Nothing wrong with it if it bugs you. I find it just as easy to ignore them though but whatever works for you is fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nothing wrong with blocking harmful people. What grinds my gears though is people that block people that simply disagree with them

0|0
    0|0
  • It's blocking people just because YOU don't like their opinion.

1|0
    0|1
  • Nope block after so much bs I'm like alright you gonna chill or I wll block you watch the attitudes change up.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. It's important to focus on the positive things in your life.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're going to run into a lot of negativity in life. Good luck blocking it all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Facts don't care about your feelings. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes