Should high school teachers be allowed to have tattoos?

And explain

57107

Most Helpful Guys

• i'm actually not a big fan of tattoos, but yes absolutely, for three reasons.

firstly, simply freedom of expression, people should be allowed to live their own lives in ways that don't hurt others or brake laws without being officially penalised. and if they can do the job, appearance shouldn't matter.

secondly, most people i know of my age, many of whom are bright, academic minds that may one day go in to teaching, have tattoos. it's not just bikers and convicts these days.
    we need teachers, throwing half of our potential down the drain isn't good for anyone.

thridly, if we want to help bring openness and understanding to our society, I don't think it's good or healthy to deliberately be putting our children in hermetic boxes, cutting our kids off from the world.
    if their not used to tattoos, it'll be weird for them to see people with them, just as it's weird to see a black person if you never have before, but getting over that unfamiliarity to people of all backgrounds and lifestyles is good.

• I don't like tattoos at all.

That being said, I think that it depends. If it's something like a tribal armband, that's not a particularly bad thing. If it's an unsafe of an ice cream cone on your face, then no. Just, no.

I don't like tattoos, but I believe in freedom of expression so long as it doesn't infringe on the tights of others. Teachers should be allowed to have tattoos. A more important question isn't whether or not they should have them, but rather if they should be allowed to desplay them.

Most Helpful Girls

• In my opinion it would unconstitutional to keep someone from equal employment opportunity because of tattoos or other body modifications. whether it not a teacher has tattoos or an ectra piercing, students are going to "be distracted" by everything and anything they set their minds to. Oh, she has short legs, his nose looks like a beak. He has a really sexy haircut. Students will always try to distract themselves and it's really more the parents that will try to blame the teachers for their own student's inability to pay attention.

• Of course, obviously as long as the tattoos are not gang related or offensive or anything like that. I've never heard of school boards anywhere here banning them, even the Catholic ones that force students to wear uniforms. To me, it's okay for teachers at any level to have tattoos. It doesn't affect how they do their job in any way.

My husband is a high school teacher, he has tattoos, and he typically wears button up dress shirts with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows... nobody's ever said anything.