Would you marry a person who could not have (biological) children?

Super random question lol... I would

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• I'd rather adopt anyway. I hate that so many kids get abandoned, left to rot and then thrown out if never adopted.

I also have no interest in changing diapers or being woken up in the middle of the night.

2|1
    0|0
  • When you have your heart set on a relationship lasting its best to take some years to get to know someone fully, that being said it shouldn't matter in a valued relationship weather your partner can conceive or not.

Love is truly blind, but you can see a way around all of it with an open mind and a solid devotion to another.

I suppose my opinion would be yes, if marriage was on the table than there would be nothing I wouldn't do to make that person happy.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• At this moment in time I'd only marry for love. If I didn't love them I wouldn't marry them.
    No matter their wealth or health or other.

So in short, yes, I would marry someone even if they couldn't have their own children.

1|0
    0|0
  • <3 I'm grateful to be loved by a wonderful man who stayed with me for many years despite knowing the fact that I can't give him children. Since we met, I've seen him interact with kids of all ages and can tell he'll be a good father. It saddens me that I can't conceive a child for him at all. He's been very supportive and loyal. He assured me he'd love me forever and even asked me to marry him. I said "Yes!" <3

2|2
    0|0
    • I want to suggest something just in case you don't know but if you do really want to give him kids it would be possible to use his sperm to fertilise either a donor egg or your own egg and then either implant it into your own womb if that is still ok or a surrogate. Just presenting some options anything to help.

• @SamC86: Yup! Tried that too. Thanks anyway. :)

• @pitzi: Thank you for the other MHG. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 137

• Well... depends on whether or not we would even decide to get married. I don't see the point in marriage personally, but that's rather irrelevant. Yeah, I'm willing to be with someone who is infertile, and I'm willing to spend my life with someone who is infertile. I am pretty certain I don't want kids.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends.
    I probably wouldn't pursue relationship with someone who knew they couldn't have kids (i'm not ready to give up on having a child). If we had been in committed relationship and only found out bout infertility whilst trying for a child i would probably not end relationship over that issue. And if it led to marriage so be it. Would want to discuss opitions, surrogacy, adoption etc

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I would. I would love to have children but if either is biologically incapable of reproduction, then I'd be happy to adopt

1|1
    0|0
  • No, because I want to have an army of tiny baby slaves

1|0
    0|0
    • You can have them in other ways 😂

• I dont think my wify would keep me if I cheated on it. The baby slaves have to be bound to my DNA you know 😒

• Yeah adoption isn’t something bad and you save a kid from foster care which have you heard some of the stories that the people that have gone through that have to say about foster care so yeah maybe the child will be a revel but all kids hit an age of rebelión and you know it isn’t her fault and it doesn’t mean she can’t love the child or you less

1|0
    0|0
  • Just because you can have Jonah doesn't mean you can't still love the person you respect me you should be loving the person for who they are not what you to get out of them like a child it's Wednesday Hearts bond together and communicate and get along with each other and their to each other's feelings respect one another

1|0
    1|0
  • Nope i want to pass on that genes and continue my family tree lol my whole family always wants to talk with me and gives me gifts and all just cuz im the only one of the whole family that ll pass on the family name lol my family s just very Traditional

1|0
    0|0
  • The way that this question has the word biological in parentheses implies that she would want to adopt. If that's the case, then no. I'm kind of desperate to remain child free and, even if someone who can't have her own kids would be preferable, I would want to be sure she wouldn't be willing to adopt as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • What are kids even for?
    I don't understand people who actually want children... like what for?
    It's not like the world's underpopulated

1|0
    0|0
  • Could always adopt and depending on the specific medical issue there is a possibility of using a surrogate to have a biological child.
    I'd rather be with someone who can't have kids than someone who doesn't want kids

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't really want to get married, but I don't want kids either, so I would be with someone who cannot have biological children

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would. And in my head it's as simple as that. There's plenty of other ways to get a child if we wanted one. One that might need parents more than my biological one.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes but if she loved me she would understand that I still desire a biological offspring and will want a surrogate to do so. I'm single and have been researching that to have my own child with a woman I'm in a relationship with.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course love is love. Plenty of kids that need a good home.

1|0
    0|0
  • I already have kids, so it wouldn't be a problem. If I didn't have kids and wanted them, I probably wouldn't date her, though.

1|0
    0|0
  • I will only marry someone who can have robot children.

1|0
    0|0
  • Totally. Id marry that person for them not their reproductive capacity. Besides adoption is always an option.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as she's ok with adopting and the kids getting half their genes from me and the other half from a donor.

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as she could have NON biological children. Like little robots? LOL Yes, I would.. We would adopt is need be, or find a surrogate

2|0
    0|0
  • If I get in love with her and then she knows about this then I won't care but I will avoid dating a girl who mentions this on the first date because of psychological reason

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 61

• Yea, that's no biggie. We can always get a sperm donor or adopt. As long as they actually want kids (which is something I will not budge on) then we can have a relationship. But if he doesn't want kids at all, I would not date him because I see children in my future.

Hell, even if I was infertile, I'd adopt.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah! If i love the person! I've always wanted to adopt/foster at least 1 kid anyway!

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if it was by choice (vasectomy) or by happenstance. If it's genetic or an accident but this person still wants kids then yeah I'd marry them.

1|0
    0|1
  • I would, but I'd definitely love to still have children if we get married. Either adopting or sperm donation, I don't care. But yeah, I'd date someone who couldn't have children.

1|0
    0|0
  • Oddly enough, I don't really want kids, but I don't think so. I think I'd always want the opportunity to have a biological family.

1|1
    0|1
  • Yes. I had kids because I got knocked up. Don't get me wrong I love my kids. But I didn't want any. I tried my hardest. The asshole put a hole in the condom because he wanted kids and me. Being the good Catholic, my parents thought I was we got married. I had another with him, so the kids had the same parents. But I was banging all of central Minnesota.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dont think i could. Family is so important to me.

1|0
    0|1
    • You could always have a family in other ways but okay

• Well I try not get attached to people too soon so if I knew before I became attached to the person then no, I wouldn’t.
    I want many kids of my own.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup. I have no intentions of ever having kids anyway so it wouldn't bother me

2|0
    0|0
  • I dont want kids of my own. It would make matters easier for both of us.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t want children so this would be no deal breaker for me

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes id rather be with someone i love and love them for who they are instead. Ivf and so many other options available if you really love someone

1|0
    0|0
  • I can't have biological children, so... it wouldn't really matter much to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea but I’m attracted to women so wouldn’t be possible i could be wrong but I need to be with a man for that to happen.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would. There’s always adoption. Plus I’m not 100% certain I want children anyway.

1|0
    0|0
  • Seeing as I can't conceive I would be a hypocrite if I said I wouldn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would, as i would even love to adopt or foster to give children a second chance

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't mind at all. I've always wanted to adopt.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would. I can have children but i want my first child to be adopted because i want a son.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'd love them of course I would, we could adopt children in the future.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes