Can someone dislike you without any reason?

Can someone dislike you without any reason?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No, but the reason (s) could be within the individual rather than anything specific about you.

1|1
    0|0
  • I've met people before and in the first few moments, often without either of us saying a word, I did not like them. It isn't rational, just a feeling, and once I get to know them it usually proves true. Call it instinct but yes you can dislike someone without reason. This is not the same as hate and does not have a correlation in my case with race or gender.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well said!

• People have called me judgmental for disliking a person from the very start. But like you said, it’s a gut feeling, which usually ends up being right.

Most Helpful Girls

• It may seem like it’s for no reason but there’s always a reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • There are many people who dislike themselves Ms Olivine... for those, they like no one else either. If you happen to fall within their shadow, you will be prey for them. Find good people to be around who love themselves, then they will love you as well :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you again for the MHG Ms Olivine. I can not imagine anyone disliking you with, or without, a reason... because you are the sweetiest!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 53

• No there isn't. Even if you can't see the reason in the very first moment you think about it there still must be a reason to get you to hate them and you should figure out what that reason is and probably correct it cause hate is a waste of time and why would you waste your own time on someone you don't like? Just move on and don't lose yourself in a feeling that makes you feel unpleasant

2|0
    0|0
  • I personally generally dislike a lot of people through no fault of their own, usually based on their gender's association with feminism. It's kind of a Pavlovian response to a lifetime of accumulated experiences. The trick is to find that right balance between not letting your prejudices rule you life to the extent of unjustly hurting others, and not ignoring what is really just a lifetime of hard-won common sense.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup, happens all the time.
    "I don't like So and So."
    "Why?"
    "I don't know. I just don't."

I suppose you could argue that their reasoning is flawed and it's probably prejudice or instinct that is the actual reason even though they can't express it. But I would disagree. It's not right to project our own thoughts and feelings on others, even if they don't share theirs for some reason or no reason at all. So if someone says they have no reason for disliking another, I don't question it.

0|0
    0|0
  • LMAO can they ever... A lot of it is just a gut feeling that the person has about you. I have had situations with a few people where they just had it in their mind that we weren't going to get along. I don't think I've ever met anyone that I didn't like right off the bat though... I am a pretty distrustful and guarded person, but I try to treat everyone nicely and with respect.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a reason for everything. When someone dislikes you there is always a reason. But the reason doesn't have to be your fault. For example, it could be some childhood trauma or just that you remind them of someone they dislike.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes as it's phermonal as well as visually and conceptually. You can dislike or like someone for the only reason being that they have a scent you would enjoy without even actually focusing on or noticing

0|0
    0|0
  • I've had people give me looks and comments as though my existence was an insult to them, but hey, that's their problem, not mine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just ask that to a black.
    The answer would (not?) Shock you.

Also I've seen old people hate Youngs just because they're young. I've seen rich people hate poors. And OFC I've seen bastards hate other solely for the colour of their skin.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is always a reason. Might be a stupid one but you don't just dislike somebody you know literally nothing about

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh, they have a reason alright. It may not be rational or reasonable, but they have a reason. Girls in particular do this - it's just a 'feeling'. It's ALWAYS about the feelz. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 29

• I always have my own reason/s for disliking someone. Even if the person doesn't know why i don't them. I couldn't take a dislike to someone for no reason at all

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no. The person subconsciously doesn’t realize they dislike the person for a reason, they just don’t realize it themselves. For example, a lot of people can’t stand looking at ugly people. They cringe or get uncomfortable. That can morph into hate. Perhaps there’s a girl/boy that is loud and annoying. You subconsciously hate that person and don’t want to be around them. Everybody has a reason but not all reasons should be justified.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's usually a elementary school and high school mentality but some people never grow up. I will say one regret I had in high school was listening to this one friend who voice her opinion a lot about people she went to elementary school with. I wouldn't know if she telling the truth or not because I never went to her school but I remember she told me and my best friend to always stay away from these twins because they were shit talkers. So we did because you know if you assume someone is shady you stay away. Well I remember in grade 12 me and my best friend were talking about the twins like what this friend said about them and we were saying it in this conversation. It turns out one of the twins was behind us that whole time and she didn't say one word to us after we notice or ever got mad about that. To this day those twins say hi to me every time and I did talk to one of them in one of my classes. My friend and I realize how shitty we were that day and we shouldn't had just believe that friend automatically just because she was our friend because it turns out she was a snake towards her own friends (it turns out she never like me and this other girl and we both never did anything wrong to her we just don't know why she like that).

0|0
    0|0
    • The moral of the story is let people show you who they are just don't believe someone when they tell you something about a person. There are a lot of petty and hateful people out there with nothing better to do.

• Even the inexplicable bad feeling you get about someone comes from somewhere. It could be you associate someone's face with a murderer from a movie or someone who you had an altercation with in the past.

0|1
    0|0
    • The part of movie , lols come on you sound funny

• @Nibi30 Just using an example that commoners can understand. If this was psych class I would have used a diff example.

• Sure. please no offence. It was a good example and yes it makes sense , hatred is with some relevance

• It can be no reason as in nothing that you did wrong however you may have done or just have something that makes them jealous or annoyed for some reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it happened to me recently. A person was rude to me. And I moved on, cause I don't waste my time on negative people 😇😎

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. I get certain vibes off of people when I first meet them and I can immediately dislike someone from those vibes. When I find out more about the person, my suspicions are usually correct.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. There is ALWAYS a reason no matter how silly or trivial it may be. But for those who tend to dislike others “for no reason” typically have something against a person for the energy the project without any real verbal or physical interaction. If the energy is bad, then that person will not be particularly friendly. But it’s completely subjective. Someone could not like you just for being what they think is “too perky” or something like that. Sometimes being the yin to their yang is not something they’ll be opened to. It could also be that they are observant and maybe they see you as a bitch towards other people and they just choose to stay clear of you. Bottom line, people are weird and lazy. They pick up signs that don’t really mean anything without proper context and make assumptions rather than actually getting to know the person.

1|0
    0|0
  • My family and I been asked to leave the church just after I thanked God for a church right next to my former home.

0|1
    0|0
  • There is Always a Reason no Matter the Season, hun. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes