Would You Support Forced Incarceration of Police Officers as a Requirement?

BigPunny
Before officers can use a taser, they have to be tased themselves. Before they can use pepper spray, they must be sprayed themselves.

Would you support an initiative which requires all police officers to enter a county jail, undercover, for 90 days before being allowed to arrest people and throw them in jail? This undercover stint would be totally off-the-radar and not even the correctional officers would know - only the human resources department of that county.

If yes, why? If no, why not?

I believe yes because most officers have never been forced into prison of any kind and are disconnected when it comes to the reality of prison or jail-time. They don't give jail-time a second thought 'cause they will likely never see the inside of a jail so to them, it's just a number and they cannot fathom the mental issues that come from being incarcerated.

I feel that if they had to endure 3 months of incarceration, they would be less likely to jail people for minor offenses and they would attempt to employ more diplomatic measures before resorting to jail.
Yes, I believe Incarceration Should be a Requirement
No, I do NOT Believe Incarceration Should be a Requirement
GirlGuy
0
2