What's so bad about global warming?

If the planet is getting warmer (but the ice caps are getting bigger as the sea levels) that would mean the world is getting more moist 💦.

Animals and plants were much bigger "back then". Mainly because of the climate being so hot and there being so much warmer water.

We currently have a huge world hunger issue. Mainly because of agriculture insufficiency.

Yea, maybe more rain would suck for those places prone to basement leaks, but it would benefit the MILLIONS OF FARMERS IN THIRD WOULD COUNTRIES. What's so bad about global warming?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Global warming isn't just it get warms, it causes loads of adverse weather effects as well as environmental ones too.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a lot more complicated than that. I don't totally understand it all, but from what I do understand weather patterns will change. Some places will actually get colder. Some will get much hotter. Some will get wetter. Some will get drier. Ocean currents could change with significant impact on climate in some areas. Coastal areas, including large cities like Miami, could be under water in the ocean. Some farming areas could have drought problems and/or excessive heat problems due to shifting weather patterns that will seriously reduce the food they produce. Storms will be stronger and cause more damage. Places that are now hot but tolerable could become intolerable. Some plants and animals that are part of the food chain could die and disrupt the food chain.

Many bad things could (and will) happen and we probably don't even know yet what they all are.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 8

• Dry places get droughts. Wet places get floods. More and stronger storms. More and widespread heatwaves. Stronger and more frequent forest fires. Half the world has been buying all summer. That's not good.
    And, of course, death and destruction on a wide scale as out technology and infrastructure becomes useless for the new climate they happen to be in. For example, New York infrastructure doesn't do very well against hurricaines.

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean millions of people in Oceania will be displaced as their entire lives as they and all of their ancestors from hundreds and hundreds of years ago will be submerged and lost forever. Polar bears will die. So will penguins. Coastal cities will be at risk of major flooding which could cripple a counties economy e. g New York and Los Angeles which contributes almost 2.5 trillion dollars to the US's GDP. Do I need to continue?

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem with Global Warming is the instability in the weather patterns. You won't be able to predict what the weather will be like from year to year, which makes farming a lot harder... especially in under developed countries. Yes, it's true that some 3rd world countries might get more rain, but there also places that will get less rain, and there are places that will become too hot to farm anything, too hot to live in, and also those places that will get way colder.

0|0
    0|0
  • First of all ice caps melting and the sea level rising because of that would mean millions and millions of people would be forced to relocate. Imagine that fucking shitstorm. Secondly the fresh water mixing in with salty sea water after Greenland melts would fuck up the gulf stream that warms Europe causing a sudden ice age in the area. All that to save some farmers. I think not.

0|0
    0|0
    • Actually no, in 2016 nasa said the ice caps are getting bigger. And didn't y'all say LA would be under water like 30 years ago?

• Show All
    • Stop confusing them with facts

• Sex robot to stay focused?

• the ice caps are getting bigger as the sea levels... ? The sea levels rise BECAUSE the ice caps are melting, and if they melt completely, a lot of land area (which is populated by millions) will be covered with water. It's not a good thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not bad necessarily, but it makes things considerably harder.

I'd say it is inevitable, with or without humans. It's happened in the past, it will happen in the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well if what my history teacher said is true its just gonna flood every thing every ice berg isngonna melt but come back after a while

0|0
    0|0
  • that people believe this garbage.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes