Have your values changed as you got older?

• No, stayed the same.
  • Yes

1246

Most Helpful Guys

• Not much, no. I have always been very politically progressive and I've become even more progressive as I've become older but fundamentally and apart from politics, all of my values are still the same as they were when I was 12 or 14.

• When I reached high school and met my first gay friends, I shifted my position to full support of the LGB rights.

I studied physics, chemistry, and biology and have come to understand what the word "theory" really means and how it isn't really just an idea, that there is a difference between expressing what I call a "valid" opinion vs expressing simple ignorance. For example, the statement "I think abortion is wrong in all cases" is an opinion, and one that I can respect even if I strongly disagree with it. The statement "the earth might be flat" is not an opinion, that's just one person who doesn't know some stuff or can't filter truth from misinformation.

So yea, I've change a LOT of my opinions over the years.

I've also come to understand that slut-shaming is wrong and disgusting, that public toplessness should be legal and socially acceptable for both genders equally, that sex education needs to completely flip from promoting abstinence to a sex-positive system and be universally available to everyone by the early teens at the latest, and that drug addiction is a disease that should be treated by medical professionals, not an issue of personal value.

Most Helpful Girls

• My values haven't changed, but my priorities have.

• No. My willpower to uphold them comes and goes lol but my values have always been the same.