Have your values changed as you got older?

• No, stayed the same.
    Vote A
  • Yes
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|2

Most Helpful Guys

• Not much, no. I have always been very politically progressive and I've become even more progressive as I've become older but fundamentally and apart from politics, all of my values are still the same as they were when I was 12 or 14.

2|0
    0|0
  • When I reached high school and met my first gay friends, I shifted my position to full support of the LGB rights.

I studied physics, chemistry, and biology and have come to understand what the word "theory" really means and how it isn't really just an idea, that there is a difference between expressing what I call a "valid" opinion vs expressing simple ignorance. For example, the statement "I think abortion is wrong in all cases" is an opinion, and one that I can respect even if I strongly disagree with it. The statement "the earth might be flat" is not an opinion, that's just one person who doesn't know some stuff or can't filter truth from misinformation.

So yea, I've change a LOT of my opinions over the years.

I've also come to understand that slut-shaming is wrong and disgusting, that public toplessness should be legal and socially acceptable for both genders equally, that sex education needs to completely flip from promoting abstinence to a sex-positive system and be universally available to everyone by the early teens at the latest, and that drug addiction is a disease that should be treated by medical professionals, not an issue of personal value.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• My values haven't changed, but my priorities have.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. My willpower to uphold them comes and goes lol but my values have always been the same.

1|0
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 44

• I don't think my values have changed so much as i try to understand other peoples values and why they think the way they do. I still consider myself very opinionated and whether i like it or not judgmental. But we all have different journeys in life and you can't properly understand someone unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm mostly the same, I still have pretty much the same values I had when I was younger (excluding being a very young child cause at that age you lack the ability to understand the world). I've always considered who is more valuable to me than others, what I consider good, bad, and such, it's been mostly the same

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes for me

Can you answer mine please, it’s on my page it’s the most recent.

1|0
    0|0
    • Please explain. I answered your question.

• Like I’m less materialistic, I appreciate my family and friends more, I have to work for a living, my priorities are in order you know?

• As you get older you have more to look back on. As you have more to look back on you start realizing slowly what a life means. You look differently on old people than you used to as you slowly start realizing how much history and change there is in only one person. Just that in itself is enough to change all of your values

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i have changed on what Women i would date.
    I'm also more closer to the Lord, less interest in just
    sex this time of life, i would want a Woman for truly love.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was an Anarchist/Communist punk during high school. I've become more conservative now and cannot stand liberals anymore. I blame the current ridiculousness of it all for changing me like that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stayed the same, respect, humble, family comes first, beauty doesn't have a face, honesty, loyal, wear suits when going to a party, morals are important, always a gentleman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have become less conservative, as I became more aware of people's needs and how many people suffer.

0|0
    0|0
  • A little bit. My aspiration use to be get a job and start a family.

I no longer prioritize starting a family, I'm more focused with self development and making money.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're perception of things changes. You have less of the bullshit of youth stuck to you. You can see and smell bullshit and bullshitters a mile off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to be libertarian and now I am conservative leaning libertarian.

0|1
    0|0
  • More than a few times. If they haven't, you're an idiot or an asshole; likely a bit of both.

1|0
    0|0
  • As I got older I was able to understand things better. I basically was following after my parents, as I got older I realized I didn't agree with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really no certain aspects may have but my values and morals have remained the same throughout

0|0
    0|0
  • Values and priorities have changed a lot. And I'm patient, less aggressive, less talking, Rational/critical thinking.

0|0
    0|0
  • IF you mature it usually means you see things for what they are, accept, adapt and reevaluate.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more that I'm at a different stage in my life and have a family of my own.

0|0
    0|0
  • Again a bit of a mix, not radically but they have matured

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I no longer see it as appropriate to main line pcp at work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've come to understand them better but they haven't changed.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 10

• Yes. I am more patient and tolerant and accepting of others and less aggressive. I am more honest and confident and gracious. I am more wise and selfless and mature. I am more hard working and loyal and resilient. I am also more religious. I am also more open minded about other religions and cultural groups.

3|1
    0|0
  • Yes, quite a lot. If you aren't changing, you aren't learning and trying to become a better human being.

1|0
    0|0
  • My values have never really changed but The past three years I’ve learned to just put myself first.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, people change as they get older. It's part of growth.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes very much so

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm pretty young myself, but i think they have and they'll continue to change. it's part of being human.

0|0
    0|0
  • They changed a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it has

0|0
    0|0
  • yes. thank god

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes they have