Why do some people say models are ugly?

I understand if you aren't into skinnier women , however some of these models have incredible bodies (candice swanepol , em ratajkowski, chrissy teigan , alexis ren, elsa hosk etc ) and faces (adriana lima, romee strijd, naomi campbell, taylor hill). I just genuinely dont understand when people say they are completely unattractive , I used to think so too but in real life models get approached and date whomever they want all the time.
Also yes some runway models are extremely underweight or have weird faces , but I'm not talking about those types of models. I'm just saying I see people on here saying they find models unattractive when in real life no man has ever rejected them.

1|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Many men think that they maybe promiscuous, which is a turn off for them.
    It could be that they dislike fake body parts.
    They may not want their partner to be that revealing to public.
    Since they are models, you never know, what may come up so it's like you've gotta go when you gotta go. So, lack of quality time together may prove out to be a turn off.
    Or it maybe that they're not their type or whatever.

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

No I mean I'm talking about their looks only , not that they reveal too much or whatever.

• 3d

The only thing I can guess about looks is that many men consider them to be out of their league.. so.. already taking the safe side lol. But that may not be true for every man.

• I think all women are beautiful! Including models! But where I agree with this is when models don't eat properly and then they start to look sickly thin, yeah being as then as possible may seem like the right thing but there is a limit where you start feeling like crap, close to dying, fatigued, and people start noticing. There is no excuse for that! That should be illegal to expect from models if it is not already

1|0
    0|0
  • I really dont find em ratajkowski (kinda butterface) or Alexis Ren (mediocre face mediocre body) more attractive than the average girl in my campus, but I wouldn't call them ugly
    Meanwhile Sierra Skye, Barbara Palvin, Kate Upton would stand out in a crowd to me

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on what they’re modeling, if you catch my drift. lol For me, I only find them unattractive when wearing way too much makeup. I don’t like things like bold cherry colored lips and thick two inch eyelashes. lol Just a “touch up” style or none at all. I love natural beauty. (I’m also not into fake boobs. Every size is beautiful when natural.)

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think they're ugly at all, either, but everyone has their own opinion on this, I see so many really beautiful women in everyday life that I don't pay that much attention to models.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because everyone has preferences what one guy finds absolutely irresistible another finds repulsive. It's as simple as that.

1|0
    0|0
  • many are. once again, it's in the eye of the beholder.
    models are not the standard - they're advertising props for products that manufacturers are trying to get one to purchase.

0|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Not all though, I am talking about the ones who are actually attractive.

• There are models with square jaws and a gap in their teeth. I'm sure they look great in magazines but I couldn't get with that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sorry, I didn't read the description
    The answer is Jealousy..

1|0
    0|0
  • well even if she has the most attractive face but skinny , i will still choose average curvy girl , its not just about face.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Models should look excellent or very good. If they look only good, it's not enough in the business.

1|0
    0|0
  • Theyre jealous, bitter, insecure people.

Everyones beautiful!

1|0
    0|0
  • For women it is mostly jealousy.

1|2
    0|0
  • Some of them are. To me its just an empty title

1|1
    0|0
  • I think it's possibly due to jealousy

1|0
    0|0
  • yes they are

0|0
    1|0
  • only jealous and fat women say models are ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Its the glamour. Glamour has had its golden age. Its becoming excessive and redundant nowadays. Models seem so disconnected from the average person, or perhaps its just a facade they put up, either way it doesn't float my boat.

1|0
    0|0
  • Models are there to show clothes, not to please your tastes...

1|0
    0|0
    • 3d

Also how do you know they didn't get rejected? I feel like people have this godlike idea of models when they are just people paid to get photographed and walk runways. THEY ARE JUST PEOPLE jesus christ

What Girls Said 8

• I think some are stunningly beautiful and some just look unhealthy and gaunt.

Most of the time what i see models doing is taking a gorgeous woman and giving them the most unflattering and gaudy shit to showcase. The women have to be angelic just to make the clothes and makeup of rich eccentric designers look even halfway appealing, and sadly some fall prey to anorexia or bulimia, or even worse a disgusting ego.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because we usually don't look like like classic beauty's models usually unique or odd features

1|0
    0|0
  • It could be jealousy sometimes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder though. I’ve seen many models that I genuinely don’t find attractive in any way.

1|0
    0|0
  • i dunno.
    i'm not a model but some have said i can be.
    but i'm not one to get approached or date anyone i want lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Jealousy my friend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Their not ugly to me. Some people are just jealous

1|0
    0|0
  • Because they typically are

0|0
    1|0
  • i think it is mainly because of all the social media drama these days.
    calling models beautiful could make someone think u're supporting anorexia since a lot of models though they dont mention it they do a lot of unhealthy things to their body to keep their skinny form. and supporting this could be a trigger to some anorexics or people who have lived with an anorexic. But yea a lot of models have amazing bodies.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes