Advice for meeting somebody for the first time, and I've known them for over 10 years?

Yes.. That's crazy...

I met this guy online as a child. I was 10 at the time, and now I am 20 turning 21 in October.
This guy and I have been on and off together. We would talk on the phone, FaceTime each other,
and we tried multiple times to see each other. My parents would say No to meeting him when I was a child. (At least 16 years.) When I turned 18, they finally said Yes. I was super shocked. My friend and I lost contact, and now we are back to contact. We had a very deep conversation. It's okay to be nervous to meet me and back out. We are down to meet each other, and I financially live on my own.
I just have to work up and save up on money for stuff. I know I have to save up for a plane ticket, food, stuff I see/want in his state, and all the above.

Now this is where I'm nervous..

I've never been in a plane or a different airport before. I'm terrified to get lost. I could always drive, but that means fixing everything in my car.. and driving a day and 7 hours. Then I have to pay myself for a hotel for a night and all that.

Can somebody just give me advice? I'm nervous for myself MOSTLY getting lost in a airport.
I'm nervous about missing my flight and all that.

What else should I save up on?

Thank you. :)

02