Do you think you have become angrier as you've got older and that life has become more difficult?

Just wondering.
  • Yes
  • Somewhat
  • No
    Vote C

2149

Most Helpful Girls

• I voted somewhat cause I started out loving and kind but then was abused mentally and emotionally by my parents and that hardened me up and made me bitter and aggressive and hostile - slowly I softened down a lot - but I can still be impatient and bitter sometimes and have a low tolerance for certain types of people who annoy me whereas in the past - I would have patiently tolerated somebody who was annoying - now I just shut them out whenever possible. I think I am learning to relearn how to love others and feel sympathy for them.

• I don't think I am angry, more just annoyed and wish people would know what is right and wrong to say. angry means that you want to do something mean back to them because you are so angry at what they did. Being annoyed just means that you find it wrong what they did, but you don't care that they did it. Not getting angry or annoyed and being happy about it means that you actually LIKED what they did... and approve of it.

Example: Someone just slammed their car into your car and then drove off.
    You can either get angry: Try to find that car and slam your car into their car too...

or get annoyed and just call insurance to take care of it or what not.

or get happy about it and feel happy that someone was paying enough attention to you to slam into your car whether it was on purpose or accident.

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm opposite. I find less reasons to be angry these days. I mean, I've still got some aging tendencies to get annoyed with what young people do sometimes, but it doesn't reach any visceral kind of rage as I used to carry towards the world when I was much younger.

• My life has also gotten a lot easier. I can relax more. It's not so much like "work my ass off and party over the weekends and then try to work my ass off again while hungover". It's more like "work moderately and party moderately and be lazy most of the time." :-D

• Also feel healthier in some respects? Like there are obvious things that my body is older, but because I have a lot more free time and a more relaxing lifestyle, I can work out more. When I was younger I had the youthful energy but I was spending a lot of it with sleepless nights from either working or partying too hard, and barely had the energy to pay attention to my own health. So I was often tired and irritable and sleepless back then. These days I'm all mellowed out and feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

• I feel like my life has become more difficult in many ways... less carefree.

However, I have actually become milder. I don't feel angry anymore like I did as a teenager. I just kind of let things be. That doesn't mean I'm not interested or they don't affect me but I try to take every blow with dignity and I try hard to see the bright side of life.