Do you think you have become angrier as you've got older and that life has become more difficult?

Do you think you have become angrier as you've got older and that life has become more difficult?
Just wondering.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • Somewhat
    Vote B
  • No
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girls

• I voted somewhat cause I started out loving and kind but then was abused mentally and emotionally by my parents and that hardened me up and made me bitter and aggressive and hostile - slowly I softened down a lot - but I can still be impatient and bitter sometimes and have a low tolerance for certain types of people who annoy me whereas in the past - I would have patiently tolerated somebody who was annoying - now I just shut them out whenever possible. I think I am learning to relearn how to love others and feel sympathy for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I am angry, more just annoyed and wish people would know what is right and wrong to say. angry means that you want to do something mean back to them because you are so angry at what they did. Being annoyed just means that you find it wrong what they did, but you don't care that they did it. Not getting angry or annoyed and being happy about it means that you actually LIKED what they did... and approve of it.

Example: Someone just slammed their car into your car and then drove off.
    You can either get angry: Try to find that car and slam your car into their car too...

or get annoyed and just call insurance to take care of it or what not.

or get happy about it and feel happy that someone was paying enough attention to you to slam into your car whether it was on purpose or accident.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I'm opposite. I find less reasons to be angry these days. I mean, I've still got some aging tendencies to get annoyed with what young people do sometimes, but it doesn't reach any visceral kind of rage as I used to carry towards the world when I was much younger.

0|2
    0|0
    • My life has also gotten a lot easier. I can relax more. It's not so much like "work my ass off and party over the weekends and then try to work my ass off again while hungover". It's more like "work moderately and party moderately and be lazy most of the time." :-D

• Also feel healthier in some respects? Like there are obvious things that my body is older, but because I have a lot more free time and a more relaxing lifestyle, I can work out more. When I was younger I had the youthful energy but I was spending a lot of it with sleepless nights from either working or partying too hard, and barely had the energy to pay attention to my own health. So I was often tired and irritable and sleepless back then. These days I'm all mellowed out and feel like I'm in pretty good shape.

• I feel like my life has become more difficult in many ways... less carefree.

However, I have actually become milder. I don't feel angry anymore like I did as a teenager. I just kind of let things be. That doesn't mean I'm not interested or they don't affect me but I try to take every blow with dignity and I try hard to see the bright side of life.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Just the opposite, actually haha. I was a very angry child from going through a lot at a young age, and now I am actually enjoying life even though I am still dealing with the past and what is going on now

1|2
    0|0
  • I haven’t noticed myself getting angrier over the years at all but according to my friends, I’ve gotten angrier and angrier as high school has progressed and they think I’m gonna reach my tipping point soon. This kind of concerns me because I haven’t noticed this at all but my friends are all in agreement with this😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I have grown angrier at all. I think my tolerance for certain things has dissipated and that my fuse has gotten shorter in those situations but overall I am much more grounded.

2|2
    0|0
  • I'm not even that old but Yeah, I lost the patience I used to have and I became generally angrier

1|2
    0|0
  • I feel like as you age you lose your patience. I have become generally angrier as well instead of constantly being disappointed.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but I take fault for that anger. I'm not going to spread it around or blame others for how I feel

2|1
    0|0
  • Specifically speaking me? No.
    Long story short I agree with what @DollySumme4s said, " I [...] want peace. Doesn’t mean I don’t get angry. It’s just I don’t let anger manipulate me."

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not life that has changed, I think I just grew up to see what life is really like.

0|2
    0|0
  • No. I forever love, and want peace. Doesn’t mean I don’t get angry. It’s just I don’t let anger manipulate me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Definitely, reality makes you angry, only people who stay high or oblivious stay happy as they age.

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course I’m angrier! Do I throw that anger on others? Nope! I’m actually very nice to employees when I go out. I’m nice to coworkers as well.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I have lost a lot of my patience. I sometimes get angry at myself for getting angry, it's really frustrating.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am more discouraged with humanity but I'm not more angry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes.

1|4
    0|0
  • I haven't gotten angrier personally, just jaded.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. But my patience has gotten stronger.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes ima very bitter old angry man

0|1
    0|0
  • yes and my patience is gonee

0|1
    0|0
  • No im horny tho winky face haha

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 47

• For men at least it's natural. From late teens to mid twenties you do have a testosterone surge that makes you slightly angrier and more aggressive tenancies. However this does subside with age.

However, as for what life experiences happen to you to make you angry is a whole new story.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think I've become angrier because people have gotten more full of themselves. The laborers union in Pennsylvania thinks it's cool to poison babies to feel special. Don't think it's about how hard life is as I have it pretty easy. Just think with 8% of people thinking they're special in 1963 and 65% in 2014, how many people think they're gods above everything else.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, life has become much easier due to the money that comes with experience.

What I have noticed is that I care less about what other people do with themselves (gays for example), but I care more than ever what people want to do to me (such as tax me more or restrict my rights).

0|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say angrier but life has gotten a bit more difficult. College sucks all my time away and I have less time for hobbies and family so it's hard to balance it all

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes and no. There are so many more sources of agression but by growing up I have gotten better at anger managent too so I don't really lose my temper.

0|1
    0|0
  • Angrier yes, life harder? Somewhat. Just because as you get older your become more educated on how things work, doesn't make it harder, you just know it could be easier.

0|2
    0|0
  • I dont think it's become more difficult, it just hasn't gotten any better and after so many years I've started to run out of patience

1|1
    0|0
  • No, I have had a pretty traumatic childhood and not that I didn't know how to deal with it back then but I can control it better now and it has become better and easier as I got older...

0|1
    0|0
  • My anger was (fruitlessly) spent during earlier life phases. My life becomes/became increasingly easier, just because of that. So: it's somehow the opposite of your question theme.

0|1
    0|0
  • My outlook drastically improved after my time in the military. Now I'm angry about things I wasn't aware of in my teens and early 20s, but am definitely happier overall.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so. I've been through a few things so I don't get fazed by stuff that easily.

0|1
    0|0
  • I was much angrier at the world in my youth I have grown resigned to the fact that the world sucks I don't care anymore so much less angry

0|1
    0|0
  • Fuck you u little ass hole.

No i don't think so...

2|1
    0|1
  • No! The opposite, more calm, wiser.
    Don't let Ron Swanson catch you with this post ;)

0|1
    0|0
  • yup, life had definitely got more harder as i got older, but i can't say i have become more angrier as much as i have become more wiser

0|1
    0|0
  • Somehow my life has gotten even worse and somehow I've gotten even angrier.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't as angry but rather restless over the years, especially the last 4 years. Frustration too

0|1
    0|0
  • I regret losing lots of opportunities and sometimes I become frustrated and I can't concentrate on present but tend to worry about past and future.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, my life is amazing and getting better all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes kind of but not so much anger. More just less tolerant of BS.

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I used to have a shotgun fuse. Not so much anymore.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely becoming a crochety old fart. Not mellowing at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't gotten angrier but life has definitely gotten harder

0|1
    0|0
  • I have become less angry by far. I feel as if i have been transformed byblifes experiences. I have had plentybof good and many bad. I have reacted with anger plenty of times. I realized it just made me look stupid and in the heat of anger things got worse because i made poor decisions. Some of the same situatipns i face calmly and with a clear head am able to make better decisions. Mostly i try to make the other person more angry and have them make stupid decisions. Most of the time though its really not even worth the trouble. I pick my battles more wisely.

0|2
    0|0
  • Definitely! I feel the rage rising in me! I don't know what to make of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have mellowed and become more apathetic or understanding the older I get.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes no debate at all i get way more mad now then i did when i was young

1|1
    0|0
  • More so distant myself away from people to work on some goals, temporary thing

0|1
    0|0
  • I got angrier because I see all the dumb people everywhere but live is not very difficult

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, not because of life. Because of people. They're the ones who changed me to who I am now.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes