Should I make a Facebook group for people who will be spending graduation alone?

So I mentioned Norwegian graduation before, so most of you know it`s a big deal, but also a big problem. People are being excluded and ignored and will be missing out on a lot of parties and fun if they are not in a group or spending lots of money.

I am a pretty introverted person, and I will be one of those people who will most likely be spending graduation by myself. I was thinking about making a Facebook group where people my age who will be alone at graduation can sign up, and we can all just hang out or whatever.

Could this be a good idea? I`m still evaluating. I`m very shy and afraid it won`t be a success... Thanks!

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I graduated the equivalent of college (diffrent country diffrent system/names) before last summer and just wrote an e-mail to my school's secretary saying I'll pick up my diploma after summer vacation, I was not just alone for my graduation, I didn't even celebrate it in the first place :p

1|0
    0|0
  • didn't you say you were an arrangement boss? I graduated 10 years ago so not really up to date how it is these days, but going to the main party in the capital only costs a little under a days work, or maybe it was 3 dont really remember but i do remember that the ticket was for like 6 spread out days of that party. And even if you're not near enough there are other arrangements and you could always make a party yourself, doesn't really matter if you're on a bus or not. I myself only got a car with 4 friends but honestly it was a waste of money as i rode with two other buses most of the time. I think even if you make the group most of the people actually interested in coming won't because of social stigma. I know it can seem like a lot is riding on this period in your life and i dont really want to be cliché but dont let it overwhelm you. After high school is when life really gets tough, and it doesn't even have a time frame... But you also get to experience the things you really want and start living for real. So dont let it overwhelm you and rather try to enjoy the period for better or worse. I remember some of the days i was so f up i didn't want to go out more yet my friends made me and whatdoyouknow a couple of beers later and it was a good decision each and every time. If you feel there's drinking pressure then f it and just show up talk to some guy you might be interested in or some gals, or just a friend or two. You dont even have to be there all night if you dont want to, but i think you'll regret choosing to be on the outside by making such a group. Therell always be more popular or rich people, it doesn't really lessen your experience unless you believe you have to have everything they do to have a good time

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should do that. For my college graduation, we had a Facebook group for our graduation class to make plans. There were a few students that we knew wouldn’t be graduating but we kept them in the group because sometimes they came up with ideas we could use and still wanted them to feel like we weren’t abandoning them just because they can’t graduate. Some of them took our ideas and used them for their own graduation when that time came as well as made their own ideas. It worked out for everyone.

Make a group for your non-graduates and make it a social event.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Support and celebration for those not invited to a party sounds like a great idea. make some plans like the place, everybody chip in $10.00 or something like it for junk. Put some money up to cover the cost by you. Maybe a big cake or whatever the customs are there.
    Super idea.

1|0
    0|0
  • It really depends, if you don't wanna be alone during this graduation then yes, go for it. Doesn't matter if its not a success if you get a few people to get together and have fun or just talk then just go for it.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd make a group and send invites to everyone. Don't worry about rsvp. Either be prepared to cater, or make it BYOS/BYOB. Some people may be afraid to rsvp to the "other" party. So don't ask them to. Open invite, and the promise of a good time should be enough to gather some attention. With even a smidgen of success, it could be THE party in a few years, putting all those snotty parties to shame.

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it if no uses it then big deal. However if it is as successful as I think it will be then you will be a hero. Remember this one thing is certain and that is if you do nothing then nothing will happen

1|0
    0|0
  • great idea, you'd totally saved Elliot from the dark path
    cdn2.desu-usergeneratedcontent.xyz/.../...0359.png

1|0
    0|0
  • It may work but I don’t think it’ll be 100% a old classmate had something like this when we graduated high school and it never worked out well it only worked for like 3months then it died others got sent to jail others started a family others went mentally crazy and so on but even if we have each others phone #s we still don’t talk we may live like 3blocks away but still won’t visit each other people will become distant once they find something to do in life like work or something else

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess if you had a boyfriend who truly loves you and wanna marry you later, you will be very happy to spend all your time with him...

If i had a girl who's situation was similar as yours, i'd tell her i'm happy for your graduation, but in the end there is nothing to worry about cause your going ro be a housewife...😊

By the way your a cute girl, why are you single?

0|0
    0|0
  • So you're a "Russ" this year? Yeah i don't understand the hype... Why not just party at home with actual good music instead of the shittiest music in the world that glorifies rape, incest, pedophilia and soooo much more. (Yes i'm talking about "Russ music")

This group might be a good idea. Get some vodka, some Zeppelin, some speakers, and go fucking crazy.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm, you still have to factor in participants who are unwilling to speak up even after facebook group are created. I feel face to face is the best interaction, though I also had difficulties myself.

I'm never good in talking. But I am very good in listening. So, if opportunities arise, i will get involve in conversations by cutting in to people convo, of course with the permission to speak, like " Can I share what I think?" Then elaborate.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that would be a great gesture. A way for grads to have someone to celebrate with or even just have company... Good idea, just try not to say anything that could be misconstrued as condescending

1|0
    0|0
  • That's actually thoughtful a gatherings or resourceful calm introverts! Wise young minds who don't see graduation as a accomplishment but an opportunity to spread their wings to heights if success

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure introverts would rather stay at home. Which is exactly what I did when I graduated

1|0
    0|0
  • Well you can set up a group if you know that they are not going, and try and see if you all want to do something together like an anti graduation party and have fun as, they sometimes have way more fun then people who go to graduation

1|0
    0|0
  • That's a very good idea I think. Go right ahead, you'll bring a lot of people together if it works out perfectly. 🙂👍

1|0
    0|0
  • If that can help them feel less alone, go for it. It's much easier to talk to people on the internet, and that could open new possibilities for them to find friends and maybe meet them for real.

1|0
    0|0
  • That’s actually a really good idea, there is a problem and you have a solution, be proactive, go for it

1|0
    0|0
  • I would if I were you it could be lots of fun and lots of people would probably be grateful if you did so

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I wish I could have been with you! You seem lovely!

1|0
    0|0
  • Its worth a try.

1|0
    0|0
  • Meh if you want to.

1|0
    0|0
  • where have you been?

1|0
    0|0
  • Let create I will support you

1|0
    0|0
  • Ya you can

1|0
    0|0
  • yes do that

1|0
    0|0
  • Since when are you Norwegian...

1|0
    0|0
  • Sounds good do it

1|0
    0|0
  • if you want to. do it

1|0
    0|0
  • are norwegien people that beautiful like you? omg i like you:) :D

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the compliment :)

• u are really welcome, I must move to Norway to meet beautiful girls like you:))

What Girls Said 5

• It sounds great. I wish more people would to stuff like that

1|0
    0|0
  • It will not work if you do not try! Give it a go. There may be lots of people wanting some friends at a time like this!

1|0
    0|0
  • That's sad, but might as well.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah! Good idea.

1|0
    0|0
  • No..

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes