Should I make a Facebook group for people who will be spending graduation alone?

So I mentioned Norwegian graduation before, so most of you know it`s a big deal, but also a big problem. People are being excluded and ignored and will be missing out on a lot of parties and fun if they are not in a group or spending lots of money.

I am a pretty introverted person, and I will be one of those people who will most likely be spending graduation by myself. I was thinking about making a Facebook group where people my age who will be alone at graduation can sign up, and we can all just hang out or whatever.

Could this be a good idea? I`m still evaluating. I`m very shy and afraid it won`t be a success... Thanks!

630

Most Helpful Guys

• I graduated the equivalent of college (diffrent country diffrent system/names) before last summer and just wrote an e-mail to my school's secretary saying I'll pick up my diploma after summer vacation, I was not just alone for my graduation, I didn't even celebrate it in the first place :p

• didn't you say you were an arrangement boss? I graduated 10 years ago so not really up to date how it is these days, but going to the main party in the capital only costs a little under a days work, or maybe it was 3 dont really remember but i do remember that the ticket was for like 6 spread out days of that party. And even if you're not near enough there are other arrangements and you could always make a party yourself, doesn't really matter if you're on a bus or not. I myself only got a car with 4 friends but honestly it was a waste of money as i rode with two other buses most of the time. I think even if you make the group most of the people actually interested in coming won't because of social stigma. I know it can seem like a lot is riding on this period in your life and i dont really want to be cliché but dont let it overwhelm you. After high school is when life really gets tough, and it doesn't even have a time frame... But you also get to experience the things you really want and start living for real. So dont let it overwhelm you and rather try to enjoy the period for better or worse. I remember some of the days i was so f up i didn't want to go out more yet my friends made me and whatdoyouknow a couple of beers later and it was a good decision each and every time. If you feel there's drinking pressure then f it and just show up talk to some guy you might be interested in or some gals, or just a friend or two. You dont even have to be there all night if you dont want to, but i think you'll regret choosing to be on the outside by making such a group. Therell always be more popular or rich people, it doesn't really lessen your experience unless you believe you have to have everything they do to have a good time

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should do that. For my college graduation, we had a Facebook group for our graduation class to make plans. There were a few students that we knew wouldn’t be graduating but we kept them in the group because sometimes they came up with ideas we could use and still wanted them to feel like we weren’t abandoning them just because they can’t graduate. Some of them took our ideas and used them for their own graduation when that time came as well as made their own ideas. It worked out for everyone.

Make a group for your non-graduates and make it a social event.