Does anyone else find it annoying that people ask to be rated on here, but use Snapchat filters on their pictures?

These filters change your face so much. What's more annoying is that people tell them they're beautiful when the filter makes them look extremely different...

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• yeah i never really got the whole filter thing anyways.

1|0
    0|0
    • I did when I was very insecure about my looks so I wanted to look different lol

• Some filters are nice but there is no point in asking a question about how you look when there is clearly a filter applied.

Most Helpful Girls

• I love Snapchat filters, they're fun. But they're not meant to be used outside of Snapchat. I don't get why people do that. I've blocked the How do I look topic, so I haven't seen these questions, but I completely understand what you mean. If you want yourself to be rated, how can you take any rates that aren't even of your face, but how good of a job the filter did in making you look good. But I guess mostly people who are insecure about themselves and want good rates to boost their confidence do it. 🤷🏼

1|0
    0|0
    • I blocked the topic too but I still saw stuff like that lol, which is even more annoying because I didn't block it for nothing.

They can be fun, but I don't think they should be used outside of snapchat as well

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• There's no getting rid of them.. block the HDIL section, they'll post it in 'dating' or 'fashion and beauty'. I don't mind it.. you can't always say how insecure people are and what's going on in their minds.. if you find it annoying, ignore them.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah I already blocked that topic like 3 months ago

• If people could just be relevant enough to decide the topic of their question..

• Darn those snap chat filters!!! :) But it depends on the picture, sometimes yes other times no. But if you are asking how do I look, no doggie noses! But but, if they are using it to cover themselves so they are not completely revealing who they are it might be alright

1|0
    0|0
  • They are that insecure.
    Sadly it is so common to use these filters... I never used them, maybe once or twice, but I always use my pics with filter.
    It is annoying, but what can we do.

1|0
    0|0
    • I used to use them 24/7 because I was very insecure lol. But I deleted snapchat a while ago lol

• Show All
    • Aw thanks. I just thought I was ugly most of the time LOL

• Naww you aren't
      Welcome, you actually look like a girl I know (Jordanian) lol
      Most people think they are, when they look great, I used to think I am okay (like I didn't think I was good looking) until I joined G@G, and lol most people say I am good looking, I was like, really? Hahaha

• I find the entire 'how do I look' thing here on GAG rather annoying. But yeah, using filter adds another layer to infuriate me more

3|0
    0|0
    • Same. I literally blocked that topic but still see people asking to be rated 😑

• Oh damn, then they need to be placed in that topic. I blocked it as well but rarely see stuff, or I'm being oblivious

• I get why you are riled up by it. Personally, I am annoyed purely by the existence of snapchat fikters. But whatever.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. At the end of the day, delusions are just that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I hate filters on photographs. These stupid freaky eyes, doggy ears, animal noses and floating hearts and stuff are super annoying.

1|1
    0|0
  • leave the filters give us the straight up version...

1|0
    0|0
  • If you take a regular photo though it's so hard to get the lighting right though. So I can sorta understand filters but yea for most part i am with you.

1|0
    0|0
  • It does not annoy me, I'm not comparing myself to them and I love giving out positive reinforcement to people who need it, that means I tell any girl/guy whom I think is a nice person they're beautiful regardless of filters.

0|0
    0|0
    • In fact, most pics in How Do I look section have no filter (since forever), any pic with filter and asks for a rate gets a lot of responses pointing that out, many of them are nasty
      The ones who get the most 9/10 10/10 are always without filters. I can give examples.

• I'm not saying that most are filtered lol I'm just saying from several that I've seen here

• Those are my observations. I'm not trying to correct you

• I am no expert on filters and the like but if it changes your appearance it would seem flawed - I have so many problems with the rating system - Nobody assigns the same values to numbers so to declare someone a number seems stupid - It downgrades the whole process - The whole How Do I Look topic is fundamentally flawed, you have truth bombers, trolls, petty people looking for catfishes and attention seekers, people being nice then on the flip side you have catfishes, attention seekers, the repeat offenders (some version of the same question 3 times a day every day). I would say that genuine questions that deserve serious consideration are only 10% (like people who are a bit insecure who need a lift, the weight losers or gym improvers (good job), the stay healthy (No you have lost enough weight) people etc) are swamped by the other 90% of the dross.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's super annoying. Trying to get attention I guess!

1|0
    0|0
  • Since I mostly ignore those questions, I don't mind at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup, I totally get you, that is really a stupid thing to do

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, I ignore HDIL, unless it gets reported, tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just don't rate their pictures the trolls they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a creepy guy. I rate em 10 and send them D pics😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not annoying if you unfollow the topic.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well yeah but they don't care much.

1|0
    0|0
  • to get rated its better to not use a filter yes.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, gone with filters please!

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• It also annoys me, really it does. It is like , a few months ago, a girl went missing, and nobody could see who the girl was, cause all of her photos was edited in snapchat and in youcam perfect and I find it annoying when people edit their photos like that. ♡♡

1|0
    0|0
  • What filters do selfies have? In case you didn't know almost all the photos of cover girls you see on magazines are filtered and air brushed to take out impurities frim acne and pimples to scars. Yet everyone is supposed to judge them and say how beautiful they are. You think Ariana Grand is so pretty? What she looks like without all her trimmings is comparable to anyone on GAG.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’ve posted pics on anon of my body. I know my face is cute lol my face is a 10 I don’t need reassurance.
    But I post pics of my bod every now and then because I’m genuinely self conscious of it. I don’t want people to tell me it’s great, I want them to tell me what I should change and so on because I have sooooooo many insecurities.
    No, I don’t use filters and I typically post honest pics. Not flattering ones because then I won’t get honest opinions. It defeats the purpose

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah they wanna be rated but at the same time they don't wanna know the truth so they hide behind the filters

1|0
    0|0
  • i can see people putting something over there face if they didn't want anyone seeing there face when asking to rate there outfit , but maybe use the fliter because they are not good looking and want to be and like hearing people say they are good looking

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I agree.
    It annoys me so much, no words can describe it. Lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes!

1|1
    0|0
  • hay they need the self esteem

1|0
    0|0
  • They're trying to get a boyfriend online

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes