Why do people keep assuming that good looking people never have to face any issues?

I just find it as such a ridiculous assumption. It's like it seems to these people who make those assumptions that anyone would automatically do anything for you, or never be harsh with you, just because you're attractive.

That doesn't how it works.. anyone faces issues, most people won't make you have less of a hard time because you're attractive, or more of it if you're unattractive.

I just keep seeing questions like that, or hearing people who keep saying that a pretty girl won't ever have to deal with what an uglier girl has to deal with, or that people will automatically "accept" you if you look good.
Updates:
This question isn't about me, I don't even think I'm good looking lmao. It's just my closest friend has never had it easy when it comes to anything, especially dating, and I just find him as a very attractive guy. So it annoys me when people assume that attractive people have everyone doing everything for them. It's clearly not true.
If it wasn't obvious already, I heard people actually stating attractive people face NO issues at all.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they (attractive people) are less likely to run into the EXACT SAME issues as ugly people. But saying they don't ever face issues is clearly bullshit.

Then again, I generally speaking don't run into issues for what I look like. It's more that I've been quite aloof and not interested in like relationships that kills chances of that happening, not whether I'm an ugly fuck or not

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree! It's ridiculous to think good looking people have no issues!

There's been so many people, on here, who tell me I'll never understand something because they believe I'm pretty. They think because they see me as pretty I can't empathise with people, and have a go at me for it.

It's so demeaning.

And anyway, there's no one definition of attractive, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to one person somebody could be pretty, but to another person that same somebody may be ugly. Either way, that somebody has definitely faced an issue or problem in their life at some point.

1|1
    0|0
  • FACTS PIT i go through a lot but since im handsome people won't take it serious
    pathetic people

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 63

• The issue is that there are a lot of studies that suggest attractive people are considered more truth worthy, successful, and nicer. Someone who is attractive is reacted to differently than someone who isn't. For instance, people are more likely to forgive attractive people and trust them. That probably leads others to think they've got life better and face less issues. But I don't think anyone says they NEVER have to face any issues.

0|2
    0|0
  • Because it is true mostly as long as the good looking person isn't much thoughtful and wants to be promiscuous. Being good looking doesn't always mean they aren't insecure or self conscious. While looking for a serious relationship, they always get confused for what they are liked for; their looks or for what the person they actually are. And most good looking people are considered promiscuous which isn't really true while some of them already are considered as 'taken'. And you have haters and jealous people everywhere thankfully to defame you almost everywhere possible. That being said, those good looking people stop giving damns which makes it even more difficult for them.

10|8
    1|0
  • I think you're misunderstanding what they're saying they're not saying that pretty people don't go through any issues that just trying to say that life is genuinely a little bit easier for them because of the way they look.

1|0
    0|0
    • Some actually said that good looking people face *no* issues

• That's crazy that's they think that. But I have seen studies where pretty girls are treated much better

• You know who says that attractive people dont have problems? People without character that have low selfesteem. Judgmental people build their life around others and they usually end up not living their own. So, who cares what those people say? Their opinion is not important.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea... it's hard being handsome. Always having to push hoes off me and constantly saying, "BEGONE THOT". The struggle is real.

1|0
    1|0
    • Why is no one taking me seriously lmao

• Show All
    • *Pats head* Yes child, I am not just a pretty face 😂

• 😂😂

• Why keep yourself busy with what people think. What's inside their heads is beyond their control as result of ignorance or stupidity and beyond your control. Find things to be postive about. Damn lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Good question! But i think what most people generally mean is "attractive have more options" male or female. If you feel you're unattractive you feel relegated to whatever is offered to you while if you're attractive you can say good riddance at your whim and there's going to be another lady or man waiting in the wings to snap you up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and it is just really annoying. I mean, I think I'm a good looking guy. I get approached like all the time by guys and girls, and sometimes it just gets really awkward cause I'm an introvert so conversations with random people can get really awkward for me cause I I don't know why but I just get so nervous even tho I'm not into men I do get nervous when they ask me out.

1|0
    0|0
  • People have a natural reaction to think beauty is perfection.
    It is known that more attractive people get through life, through people, much easier than ugly people.

That's only a people thing.
    Life itself will kill you no matter how you look. lol

0|2
    0|0
  • A few more years and you'll understand what those people mean by that.
    Of course everyone has their own issues.

1|0
    0|0
    • Can you explain what they mean by that?

• Show All
    • I get that it can be a big plus in some aspects of course, but I'm more referring to how some people actually think good looking people face NO issues, or way way less issues.

I think all people face issues in some point, just different ones.

• Maybe they are just exaggerating or delusionals, something like that.

• Even just being hot means you now have to wonder if every person who shows interest is just into you for your looks. Its a double edged sword.

2|0
    1|0
  • The grass is always greener on the other side. It's the Haves and the Have Nots Weatherby looks money Fame whatever. They just see the good parts and they don't see the bad and they make their entire decisions based upon that without knowing anything

1|0
    0|0
  • I dunno like I wouldn't do someones math homework because they're attractive. Like shit get OUT OF MY FACE! Arghhh! I you aren't entitled to my helpd because you have good genes or make up or whatever...

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, you're right that attractive people also face challenges. However, you're wrong to think they don't have it much easier in every facet of life. There's actually plenty of evidence showing that attractive people face fewer and less challenging difficulties, they receive more support when they do face challenges, and they largely receive more and better opportunities than average looking people and ugly people. Look up some of the studies and social experiments; educate yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do some people keep assuming people assume things they don't?

0|2
    0|0
    • This is literally based on what I've heard people saying. Read before you make assumptions.

• Show All
    • FINE. Then I heard people also saying pretty girls face NO issues.

• @pitzi
      Well, in that case, they're fucking idiots.

• I'm good looking. I run into this problem all the time. A lot of girls won't even talk to me. It's like gorgeous is ugly. It's not my fault! I can't even get a girlfriend. Every girl I talk to shies away. All embarrassed. Why?

2|0
    0|0
  • You could argue attractive people's issues are mainly self-inflicted.

Being attractive flat out get's you lots of breaks and advantages in life. It's no guarantee but it's a definite leg-up.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well, everyone has problems. But the phrase "confidence is key" is very true in most cases involving social situations. If you're attractive, it'll be easier to gain confidence, and if you're confident, it's easier to like you. If your unattractive, it'll be harder to be confident, and if you aren't confident, it'll be harder for you to be liked.
    I might be way off, but there's a lenghtier answer to this somewhere in some social study paper, but I'm not getting into that right now.

0|0
    0|0
  • An attractive person that has difficulty dating, that's a bit of an oxymoron.

Not denying that people don't face problems but certainly he has less trouble than most people in that specific area of life, as far as other areas he may well have to deal with lots of challenges.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lmao I'm told I'm attractive.

And my dating record up to now? Never had any success

• @tartaarsaus attraction is just as much a mentality as it is a physical form, lack of confidence, mental refinement, calmness, it's like having a weak foundation, its destined to collapse, it's only when external and internal are balanced that you can arrive at harmony.

• Who assumes that? I don't hear or see much of that.

1|0
    0|0
    • Really? I've seen it so many time on here and heard people keep saying it irl

• Oh. Well I guess they're just overstating what is an actual truth, which is that good-looking people have it easier in life generally speaking. But yeah I guess to assume that attractive people have like NO troubles or something, is kind of silly. I can imagine feeling that way though if I wasn't particularly good-looking, just a feeling of general... not resentment exactly, but something similar to it.

• i know thats how it doesn't work
    and many a times, it goes against us too (everyone assumes, first things are so easy for us and we should take lead lmao)

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha ROFL lmao

Your update xD

Not good looking 😂😂😂😂

You look awesome dumbo 😅😅 (don't let trollers affect you)

• A pretty face or smile can get you that initially meeting and hello, and after that it's up to personality to keep interest.

1|1
    0|0
  • Everybody has different challenges, it just does not look the same as others

1|0
    0|0
  • Because I’m sure people that think they are not pretty
    Assume because they are pretty then they are perfect and they don’t have problems

1|0
    0|0
  • I agree with you that it's definitely not as overt as people act like it is. I'd personally never just do something for someone because they're attractive that I wouldn't if they were ugly. But on the other hand I've had to catch myself from gravitating to less wholesome, but more attractive people because of a more shallow mindest. A part of a lot of people want to be the type of person that hangs out with beautiful people. I don't really think its usually super exaggerated, more attractive people generally have people drift toward them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its because the uglier person thinks they go through way more because of the way they look but to be honesty it could go either way cause i know a good looking person whos life hits them hard.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just assume good looking people have one less issue to worry about opposed to people who aren't so attractive. And to those people that is a huge obstacle to overcome.

I pretty much agree with cosytoasty's answer too.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, attractive, good looking people, always have it easier. They are hired easier, promoted, given a break, all the things you said. It's just the way it is.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but it really pisses me off. Like obviously I have problems... everybody does... I just don't let mine get under my skin.

1|0
    1|0
  • it's their PERCEPTION. all too often that's all that's required. they can make up any justification or excuse to fit their decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• I believe all people have problems and looking fancy and sweet doesn't give you a free pass on life. Everybody gets sick, everybody dies, everybody works, many woman get pregnant and have kids, many people get disabilities or depression, everybody suffers persecution or emotional abuse - being ugly or pretty doesn't make you more or less human - or more or less prone to problems in your life.

1|1
    0|0
  • people don’t think they don’t face any issues- people just think they face *less* issues. In reality, they do face many issues, you’d be surprised how many have low self esteem and high insecurity. It’s just that they face different kinds of problems. Loads of their problems are caused by jealous insecure individuals. Being hot is like a beautiful curse.

1|0
    0|0
    • I heard people saying they face NO issues.

• 🙄They’re just jealous. But all people face issues. I know loads of attractive people who have shitty personalities therefore people overlook their appearance and treat them equally like shit.

• Classic "grass is greener" syndrome. "This person has what I don't, so clearly they don't have my problems, and therefore they have no problems."

It's a lot easier to notice problems and issues when they're your own. And If someone very blatantly don't have those problems, you often just assume they lead a charmed life with no problems at all... or at least, not as many or as big problems as YOU have.

1|0
    0|0
  • Because in their eyes, it's true. They watch better looking people get treated better, picked for jobs, asked out on dates, and live seemingly better lives. So in their world, prettier and more handsome people don't have a lot of problems. Because they're looking on the surface. They're on the outside looking in. They only have to go off of what they see and compare it to the life that they live as a not so pretty or handsome person. And it's not always about jealousy. It's more like, they're not in your shoes so they don't know.

3|0
    1|0
  • People put their desire at the heart of everything in their life. And beauty is one of the most common one.
    Some people think that once they have this, everything will be solved. This is a definition of vulgarity

0|0
    0|0
  • Attractive guys usually get approached by ugly girls and end up with ugly girls. The same sex is jealous of them. They might say good looking men are player so they tell gals never date attractive guys. At work, guys think they are competitive so they tend to hate them
    Same for attractive gals.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, sexual harassment, some females disliking you out of jealousy, etc. I don't know why people think that, but anyone regardless of looks deals with issues

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually attractive people have it harder in life than average looking people.

2|1
    3|1
    • In what ways?

• Show All
    • attractive people are usually being used for their looks, someone could date them just for their looks, they could have friends who are just there for his looks because he is automatically attractive for the opposite sex. People assume they don't face any issues, neglecting the thought that attractive people could suffer from disorders like depression and shit as well. When an attractive person mentions they're depressed, he isn't taken seriously. The list goes on.

I think no one truly understands unless he is attractive himself. It is a blessing to be attractive yet tiring.

• Yet tiring and a curse*

• People lack perspective and love to think of themselves as the only victims of the world

2|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s easier to feel sorry for yourself if you invalidate the struggles of others and reduce them to their looks. People that think that are usually just terribly insecure about themselves. I used to think attractive people have it easier for a long time too but now I’ve just been around enough people to know that it’s not true at all. I think sociologically, people that are average looking and follow the mainstream should have it easiest in modern day society because they face the least amount of judgement.

1|0
    0|0
  • because everyone has options and everyone can make choices. The only difference is that good looking people just have more choices when it comes to dating. If you friend keeps finding shit people, then she's probably making bad choices, like wait for it... everybody else who is young and dating people for the wrong reasons.

being pretty can't fix how she makes choices, or her self esteem. in reality, about half of your problems are just about what you see as problem (versus no problem) and whether or not you're capable of fixing it. she probably faces problems, but so do average and ugly people. so the world will treat her the same and just tell her to keep quiet about them. unless she expects to be treated differently BECAUSE she is pretty. life is fairly unfair.

If a person owned a red mustang, it would be kind of annoying for that person to be like, "why do the cops notice me more?", when they can accept all the compliments they get the other 6 days of the week.

0|0
    0|0
  • Idiocy... people don’t understand.
    I once hung out with a girl that was so pretty she couldn’t walk 10 feet without being hit on. She had a really hard time distinguishing between those who liked her, and those who liked being seen with her.
    Another was a preteen who had a body of a grown ass woman had to deal with sexual advances of grown men at the age of 12. She had no idea what sex even was.
    Beauty brings some of the nastiest sexual harassment out in the world. Loved ones still die. They still get sick, wreck their cars, experience depression..
    the plus I being gorgeous is they will always have a date🤷🏾‍♀️
    Other than that they are just like me.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's easier for girls. Guys sometimes still have to try if they are attractive

0|0
    0|0
  • People assume that cause they are jealous.

1|1
    2|0
  • I know right

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it depends on the personality as well. If a woman is attractive (or even unattractive) compared to others around her, but is opinionated, mean and loud, she gets everything she wants in her way. However, if a woman is nicer looking, compared to others around her, but is excessively nice, she gets verbally attacked due to jealousy from others, and definitely does not have a better time than those who are average looking or less attractive.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're not good looking so you'd never understand

1|0
    1|0
  • Yea like Tiger woods but he has a girlfriend every 3 months and he's rich no matter if he cheats

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah exactly. As a woman if you’re good looking you might get a lot more attention but that definitely doesn’t mean it’s necessarily the right kind of attention! It can certainly be annoying when some guys just scheme to try and take advantage.

1|0
    0|0
    • I can imagine!

• What are he downsides for attractive looking men? Donother men challenge them more and do women judge them more harshly? I’m curious.

• Good looking people do have issues , however they dont have as many problems as a non good looking/unattractive person.

0|0
    3|0
  • Nobody assumes that they don’t have hardships, but of course, life is easier for those who are more attractive than ugly people.

0|0
    2|0

Recommended myTakes