Leftist, why are you a leftist?

https://youtu.be/kl0-n0zWVJk
Open for anyone's opinion. Just curious :)

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I am not a "Leftis" as in a "liberal", as I find them extremely dumb, but I do have Classical Left beliefs.
    One being I think the govenment should have more access and control over how money and economy is distribuited among the population.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Whenever people ask questions like these, it always concerns me. Why are we leftist? For the same reason anyone is progressive, for the same reason anyone is conservative, for the same reason anyone is independent. We are what we are because we believe it will improve the country. I don't know why that idea is difficult for people to wrap their heads around :/

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm libertarian or "classical liberal". I think both the left and right get it wrong on certain issues. I agree with the statement that those on the right are more open to talk about ideas rather than just shout and call names. Leftism seems to carry a certain self-righteous narcissism that just makes them look foolish. Even if you agree with a certain idea, but disagree on the details, they go into a frenzy. Its both amusing and embarrassing at the same time

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I am a Libertarian

I think that both sides are clueless lol

0|2
    0|1
  • I am a left-leaning Libertarian

We support people rights better than the right wingers

I do dislike the extreme left

0|1
    0|1
    • Hmmmmmm not sure I'd fully agree with that statement as a right leaning libertarian, considering the current state of of the establishment of the political left and right. Right now the extreme left has virtual control of all the left-leaning institutions whether you're talking about media, education, or political party. At least you can make a strong argument that the libertarian wing of the right has a strong presence at every level of the right's institutions (which is the best way to keep them in check and thus support the ppl's rights imo).

• I'm leaning towards right bc leftist are really starting to be embarrassing

0|2
    0|0
  • they seem to be more accepting than the right. the right seems to accept only a few of the population.

0|1
    0|4
    • Feel free to come join us any time. The only requirement is tolerance of the real diversity that matters: diversity of thought ๐Ÿ˜‰ (which does include those we all might find personally offensive)

• Show All
    • Literally nobody asked you to support anything.
      What we both asked for is a conversation.
      Think about it this way.
      There are two sides.
      One side (right) yells "stupid liberals! There's no reasoning with them!"
      The other (left) yells "Bigoted racist conservative nutjobs! There's just no reasoning with them!"
      How do they know this? They don't.

You can call me the big bad wolf if you like - trash me all you like. But first, we should talk. Maybe I can explain to you my point of view, and you can explain yours - and we can find common grounds.
      That's all I and ManFrom1982 were asking.

• I feel like I could easily make just as much of a point about the vitrol spewed by Feinstein, Spartacus Booker, Harris, Don Lemon, Joy Behar, Cortez, Clinton, TYTs, etc. about anyone who happens to look like me. They certainly seem tremendously hostile to me, and believe me I find them offensive to my core.

The thing is, I would defend their right to get out there and compete with all of my "side" and do what they do and play these ridiculous media games and just see who wins. They play dirty, fine and dandy, now there's players on the right that play just as dirty. Let's have it out on one giant free speech battle of the idiot talking heads while the reasonable people like the three of us here vote for the idiots we like best in the biannual popularity contest, and just keep it to words on the TV and not fists in the street please.

• What's a leftist?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• The term "leftist," just as with "centrist" or "right-wing" or "moderate" or "conservative" or "liberal" is a stupid, erroneous term with no substance or meaning. It tells you nothing about a person's ability to use reason, logic, or evidence to solve problems or make a convincing point/argument. People should stop using it, and all related terms.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not extremely left, but being on the right goes against my perception of basic common sense. So I'll stay on the left.

1|0
    0|2
  • I am on the left, beacuse I am not an authoritarian religious asshole who wants to destroy freedom and human rights

0|0
    0|0
  • Lots of people on the left think its still the nice fair party it was 30 years ago.. thats what i thought until i did my research

0|0
    1|0
  • Left leaning people probably donโ€™t like thinking to deeply about stuff

0|1
    0|0
    • We do think deeply enough to use English correctly, though.

• Show All
    • It's not about reading it over - it's about not fucking it up in the first place.

• Kinda impossible for me since I type with one thumb and autocorrect does what it wants

• Iโ€™d like to know as well why anyone is a leftist.

0|1
    0|0
  • Cause I'm not a cuck rightist

0|0
    0|1
  • Because they like Femnazis and race-mixing, They want to take white men down and have some sort of stupid kingdom of mixed babies and queers with femnazis running wild.
    They hate God and hate the white men made in His image... they should be forced to leave the country.

0|1
    0|0
  • Being Liberal = Freedom of Religion (except Christianity), equal rights (but only for women and minorities), mass immigration (letting huge amounts of foreigners into a country to force diversity and to make white people go extinct).

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes