Most annoying thing that gets on your nerves?

Pet peeves? I work with a woman that doesn’t pronounce the “h” at the beginning of words. Ex. Huge= uge
Humanity= umanity.
Drives me crazy!!!Most annoying thing that gets on your nerves?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Using abbreviations and acronyms that I don't know, because I don't know them, then calling me stupid and old for asking what it means. Happens a lot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't have so many. I guess I'm somewhat difficult to irritate. But the one thing that annoys me a bit is when someone texts me like this:
    "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

Or:
    "I have something to tell you!"

And I receive the text at like 3AM in the morning when I'm asleep and then the next day, I read the message and ask what's up and they don't reply for ages. :-D

Mostly it annoys me since it's so inefficient and they could have just gone out and said what they wanted to say or ask what they wanted to ask without this unnecessary back-and-forth delay in communication. I think it's an attempt to apply social etiquette in normal back-and-forth conversations in person to an online context, but it becomes incredibly inefficient in those cases if the person isn't immediately available to reply.

And the suspense of trying to figure out what they wanted to say or ask while waiting lengthy periods for a reply irritates me. :-D

1|0
    0|0
    • I suppose my pet peeves all relate around inefficiency. Same thing at work. If I see someone doing something that should take 15 minutes but is doing it in the most obnoxiously inefficient way that takes 5 hours, I get really irritated. :-D

• Show All
    • I suppose a more generalized way to look at this is "excessive wastefulness" whether it's time or money or anything else. If someone ordered 3 meals at a restaurant and just ate a little bit off each plate, that'd probably also irritate me due to the excessive waste of money and food and so forth. :-D But I'm tolerant towards mildly wasteful actions -- but excessively wasteful starts to irritate me.

• Haha I like you because you exhibit only mildly wasteful tendencies. 🤣 That’s true. I don’t like that either.

Most Helpful Girl

• People who walk slowly in front of you at grocery stores cause they're too busy staring down at their phones.

Also, people who cut me off mid-senten-.

1|1
    0|0
    • Or people who stop right at the top of an escalator, with their shopping cart, to have a chat or get something out of their bag thus causing an inevitable pile up. Where did they think everyone else was going to go on this moving conveyor?

• Show All
    • Lol Well then it is fully deserved @WindowLicker

• Instead of getting angry, politely ask them to move or a pleasant "excuse me" tends to work most of the time

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• People. People annoy the shit out of me. Just when I think I find one who I can stand, nope. We're all the same.

2|0
    0|0
  • Over-extended discussions. Often, after a few minutes a topic is settled, but some people continue babbling for ages. They waste my time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Pet pevve: when I am eating, i am eating and want to relax do not bug me. Talking is find don’t bring anything stressful or something controversial up. I want to relax

1|0
    0|0
    • Haha interesting! That reminds me of another one...
      I had a date who pushed aside his food when it arrived to he could keep talking (instead of talking in between bites). I was ravenous! After that, I noticed a lot of people do that. Grrrr When it’s food time, it’s food time!

• Is she Cockney? 'ello, govna. :D

I think I might have misophonia. You can Google it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls who make excuses instead of just saying no. It's one fucking word, it's not that hard.

1|0
    0|1
  • ignorance, sometimes when people speak u wonder how they have survived this long

1|0
    0|0
  • Women that aren't open and honest about what's wrong when they are upset?

1|0
    0|0
  • i hate it when people pronounce moscow as ''moskaw''.

1|0
    0|0
  • When a question starts with "can I" or "can you" yes I can, but don't want to. The proper way to phrase it is "may I" or "could/would or please"

0|0
    0|0
  • Herb.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 2

• People bother me but my neighbors take the cake. I'm in an apartment and they like playing their music at 1 or 2 in the morning most of the time. I'm fine with music, but if it's 1 or 2 in the morning.

1|0
    0|0
  • When people walk slow in front me

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes