Most annoying thing that gets on your nerves?

Pet peeves? I work with a woman that doesn’t pronounce the “h” at the beginning of words. Ex. Huge= uge
Humanity= umanity.
Drives me crazy!!!Most annoying thing that gets on your nerves?

318

Most Helpful Guys

• Using abbreviations and acronyms that I don't know, because I don't know them, then calling me stupid and old for asking what it means. Happens a lot.

• I don't have so many. I guess I'm somewhat difficult to irritate. But the one thing that annoys me a bit is when someone texts me like this:
    "Hey, can I ask you a question?"

Or:
    "I have something to tell you!"

And I receive the text at like 3AM in the morning when I'm asleep and then the next day, I read the message and ask what's up and they don't reply for ages. :-D

Mostly it annoys me since it's so inefficient and they could have just gone out and said what they wanted to say or ask what they wanted to ask without this unnecessary back-and-forth delay in communication. I think it's an attempt to apply social etiquette in normal back-and-forth conversations in person to an online context, but it becomes incredibly inefficient in those cases if the person isn't immediately available to reply.

And the suspense of trying to figure out what they wanted to say or ask while waiting lengthy periods for a reply irritates me. :-D

• I suppose my pet peeves all relate around inefficiency. Same thing at work. If I see someone doing something that should take 15 minutes but is doing it in the most obnoxiously inefficient way that takes 5 hours, I get really irritated. :-D

• I suppose a more generalized way to look at this is "excessive wastefulness" whether it's time or money or anything else. If someone ordered 3 meals at a restaurant and just ate a little bit off each plate, that'd probably also irritate me due to the excessive waste of money and food and so forth. :-D But I'm tolerant towards mildly wasteful actions -- but excessively wasteful starts to irritate me.

• Haha I like you because you exhibit only mildly wasteful tendencies. 🤣 That’s true. I don’t like that either.

Most Helpful Girl

• People who walk slowly in front of you at grocery stores cause they're too busy staring down at their phones.

Also, people who cut me off mid-senten-.

• Or people who stop right at the top of an escalator, with their shopping cart, to have a chat or get something out of their bag thus causing an inevitable pile up. Where did they think everyone else was going to go on this moving conveyor?

• Lol Well then it is fully deserved @WindowLicker

• Instead of getting angry, politely ask them to move or a pleasant "excuse me" tends to work most of the time