Do you think it's true that girls are usually smarter than guys?

Do you think it's true that girls are usually smarter than guys?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No ! Women identify their goal at an earlier age and its usually family oriented so their whole organization (including career choice) is based on this. So that make women look more focus, mature and prepared for something, wich is the fairy tale story and interpersonal relationship. Men are focus on playing sport, finding a job that pays the bill and more and their sense of priorities balances more on this. So them boys lack few qualities and values essentials to interpersonal relationship wich includes relationship with women. That doesn't make them less smart, because at the end of the day it is about beeing balanced.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes--in almost all areas except engineering and some sciences.

1|2
    3|6

Most Helpful Guys

• In SOME ways, but CERTAINLY not ALL !
    For instance, she's datng or married to a guy that beats her quite ooften. She eventually goes to a male friend to cry on his shoulders and find out what she should do next. The basis of the conversation goes like this:
    He: what's wrong? Why are you crying?
    She: My boyfriend/husband just beat me up again!
    He: That fucking son of a bitch!! Are you okay? Why don't you leave him?
    She: I can't.
    He: Why not?
    She: Because I LOVE him!
    OBVIOUSLY, the guy in this conversation has all the brains!! Problem: somebody hurt me pretty badly. Solution: LEAVE!!! WHY she can't figure this out for herself if she's supposed to be so damn smart, is BEYOND me!!!
    She

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys are more smarter
    Look at the top in ur class. Which gender...
    Look at history... who made the greatest discovery.

That said wr should not compare how is smarter or not

There is wheel and the axis connecting thr wheels

So together need to work to make something not to show I am better.
    Cuz each other need the other to function well
    Remove one, extinctions

0|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 52

• Intelligence can't be measured fully. There are multiple typea of intelligence, but even these aren't enough to fully describe intelligence.
    Women usually tend to use the right side of their brain more which means they may have some types of intelligence more developed, but the same apply for guys and the left side of the brain.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it varies.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes on average girl’s IQ is like three points higher if I remember correctly. The bigger difference is that the range of IQ in girls is less wide than the range in boys. So the smartest people in the world are probably mostly men, but the dumbest people in the world are also mostly men.

1|5
    0|1
  • I remember reading somewhere that men are more logical thinkers. There is a reason why the STEM field is mainly dominated by men. Women are more intuitive and instinctual, or something along those lines, which is why we dominate the teaching, nursing, psychology, etc.

It has nothing to with societal gender roles or whatever, the male and female are just different. This has already been scientifically proven.

1|1
    0|0
  • We hit puberty and develop our brains faster, so as children the answer is yes. But by 25 most men have caught up and a fair amount have actually surpassed us in intellect.

3|2
    3|7
    • Sorry, but life’s no fairytale.

• Show All
    • Back to your 25 of age, and all that - men mature slower because their secondary sex characteristics are a somewhat permanent result of increased testosterone (and somatotropin) levels between the age of 13 to 25 or so. Their hormone levels thus make them slightly more impulsive than the average woman, whose hormones peak in their teens, and are relatively constant after that (with a default fluctuation due to periods, of course). There are other factors that constribute to men maturing slower, but rest assured, intelligence solidifies much earlier.

• The psych major answered all your questions

• I'm not sure this is a gender thing, kinda an individual thing (though I don't know all the differences between male and female brains, so correct me if I'm wrong.) Maybe intelligence differs in certain categories, but I'd generally say no.

1|2
    0|0
  • Everyone has an individual intelligence, men and women over the large scale equal out. There are different types of intelligence, some are mostly better with other genders. Women tend to be better at emotional intelligence while men tend to be better at kinesthetic intelligence, and other examples. In my day to day life, I find it's pretty equal too. The genders have different cultures too which can lead both side to have what seems like mass stupidity but both sides have those kind of people.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. Most people say boys are smarter than us but they are lazier. So they catch up the stuff real quick not like girls however some boys don’t like studying and they are just lazy. Personally I think guys are more catchy if it comes to new stuff but girls are literally as smart as guys. It really only depends on you.

2|3
    2|0
  • More insightful I'd say. In general we put more thought into things. We analyze more. Assign meaning to more. Therefore, we have a quicker response to stimuli and put 2&2 together easier. However, there are some dense clueless ass women too.

0|1
    1|2
  • I think it's mixed results on the genders' intelligence. It also depends on the location. Since women have recently been encouraged to follow their careers and education, it's become more balanced out. But scientifically, women's and men's brains aren't the same, but intelligence is something that grows, not something you're automatically born with.
    And it's not a sexist question; it's a legit inquiry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 127

• Girls cluster more in the middle, while guys are more wide spread, when it comes to intelligence.
    There are lot more "dumb" guys out there, than dumb girls. Much more.
    But then, there are also much much more exceptionally intelligent guys out there, than exceptionally intelligent girls.
    They are still rare, but just more of them can be found in males

1|2
    0|0
  • No. On average men and women score the same in IQ tests - however the difference is that there's more variance in men's IQ scores with more at the high and and more at the low end, whereas women tend to cluster around the mean.

So more women tend to be of average intelligence, while there are more male idiots and more male geniuses.

1|1
    2|0
    • The bell curve shows more women by pure numbers fall higher than men. Simple to read. :)

• Show All
    • @pepwave21

Like I said, it's a well known pattern, with multiple studies confirming these results. You can believe whatever you want to believe and continue to lie to yourself to make yourself feel smart if you want. Otherwise you have no real argument and I won't bother to respond further, because as is usually the case on this site, arguing with an idiot is like trying to play chess with a pigeon: no matter how well you play they'll shit on the board, knock over all of the pieces and strut around like they've won.

• mathematician here, if the chart is legit, englisc is right: 'So more women tend to be of average intelligence, while there are more male idiots and more male geniuses'

• It depends on what. There are skills that men are inherently better than better than better at than women such as heavy labor fighting and cooking. Women are the child rearing and source of family love and joy in our lives, a true gift from almighty God. Of course there are areas of thought and logic that make a woman Superior to men dexterity of thought in certain areas as well as certain areas where men surpass you ladies. Fact of the matter is we were designed to compliment each other. To work as a unit. To reproduce, live, work, and love as one in heart and mind. Men as to the law of nature for any , close to rational animal , the man is protector and leader of the family unit. Yeah I know there were civilizations women dominated. They failed. All matriarchia like societies today are small struggling tribes not really even able to be nation's or even countries but nomads following livestock in wagons. Freezing in winter baking in summer. So there it is ladies. I can specifically point to the beginning of the end of our civilization was the day that women got the right to vote. I submit that it should have been one vote per family of a three or more year old child. By then the parents should be mature enough to vote resposibly.. The couple would vote as one. I agree that the lack of rights in that day was reprehensible. I am overjoyed that the jewels of our civilization be covered treasured admired and essential to society in every way I just feel that we were made to work as one so therefore we should do everything as one with nothing being able to be done legally or financially except for small bills. You cash. Single males and females be bound to their family vote and gain there votes as previously stated. No exception for age or sexual preference,. Without regard to sterility or injury if your not a family you don't vote. If you divorce even once you don't vote. And yes ladies in the total package the men have the edge. I love you all and I in no way mean disrespect I just truly feel that it should be this way

0|0
    0|0
  • Overall, no, I don't think you can generalize it like that. Just some people are smarter than others. However I do believe that women in general are "smarter" than we are in some areas, especially when it comes to emotions and feelings and our behaviors around them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahahaha!!!

Not by a long shot.

They're crafty, devious, and good at abusing laws and rules. They can also parrot back whatever they heard somewhere, whether that be celebretard gossip or mathematical equations. They can't apply the equations, especially outside of an academic setting, but they can parrot thinks back all day.

But intelligent? Not by a long shot.

0|0
    1|0
    • *things
      This was a very sad experience. I feel sorry for your sexist mind </3
      xx
      ~ Mrs Manson

• @MarilynMansonsSlvt

Thanks for the concern trolling. Your opinion means less to me than that of a stray dog at the local animal shelter. Especially because I know that even if I were your brother, you'd have absolutely no empathy for whatever happened to me, any time, ever.

• No ,,, I believe that guys are always smarter than girls
    Guys are usually lazy when it comes to study and girls are usually hardworking but guys get higher marks than girls
    And when it comes to creativity also guys are smarter
    Reasons are :
    Most of the scientists are guys
    Most of the inventors are guys
    Most of the presidents are guys

1|1
    1|0
    • That most of those famous brainy people or male, says more about our society than about actual intelligence.

• Show All
    • @dalibara by the way I said most not all

If your reason is about the past they didn't take care of women like men then you can search now about the new scientists and inventors you'll find MOST of them are guys

• www.sciencedaily.com/.../180404093944.htm

Women are dropping out of college because they think they’re not smart enough, when they’re actually just as smart as male students. This is because it has been imprinted in their brains that they’re dumber than others.

• Nope. Examine the history of science/mathematics, economics, philosophy, geography/exploration, visual arts, music, leadership, engineering, law, military strategy, shit even cooking for 10 minutes and you’ll see a very clear trend.

0|1
    0|0
  • You can't actually find a definitive answer for this. Besides there being many areas of intelligence, there are too many skills someone can develop and learn which would increase their intellect on some level, minor or a higher level.

I would say that girls are generally more concerned with doing well in school compared to boys. But doing well in school only shows that you study well or grasp concepts more easily, or are simply more concerned with it so you try harder

0|0
    1|0
  • Nope it's the same ethier way.
    There are dumb people and smart people but it don't matter the sex.
    Are brains devlope because of everything else but are sex.

And anyone say's studies have show this really don't know what there talking about.
    Cause these studies are not 100% fact and basiaclly cannot be proven because everyone is different and so are there brains.

You would have to test everyone in the world and even then it would still be inconclusive.

So short answer nope

0|0
    0|0
  • Simply put, no. From the macro view, men are more on the extremes of the bell curve. Basically it means the dumb guys are dumber than the dumb girls, but the smart guys are smarter than the smart girls.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes