How do you fold sheets nicely by yourself?

I've been struggling with this for a few years now. I live by myself and every time it's time to fold my newly washed sheets, they just turn out as a crumpled mess. It doesn't help that I'm short and thus have short arms. I've tried laying them on the floor and folding there, but it's not really nice to get all kinds of dust and stuff on my newly washed sheets, and they still don't fold up nicely. So all of you who live by yourselves (or just fold sheets by yourselves) any tips?

I've attached a picture of how terribly wrong my folding always goes. How do you fold sheets nicely by yourself?

1623

Most Helpful Guys

• It got better after I began doing Origami :) really. The bad ones are those with built-in corners and worse: elastic bands. I fold in the edges first and next flip over to half size. Now is time to tug and adjust unwanted folds and ripples. Once it is reasonably leveled I continue to fold until the size looks right. Surprisingly, a bed mattress is of similar size like bed sheets … so I use just this as working surface.

• I live alone and take the clean sheets and put them in the linen closet. No folding, just shove em in the linen closet.

Much easier. Besides, they are SHEETS, unless you're a Klansman and it is a part of your outfit (you're not obvs) no one is going to see your sheets and think, well this chick can't fold a sheet to save her life. When you put them on the bed they become wrinkle free and you sleep on them anyway.

Most Helpful Girls

• The same bedding 😂😂

• I put the folded sheets into that sets pillowcase so you can’t see the folding and everything is bundled together to make the bed