How do you fold sheets nicely by yourself?

I've been struggling with this for a few years now. I live by myself and every time it's time to fold my newly washed sheets, they just turn out as a crumpled mess. It doesn't help that I'm short and thus have short arms. I've tried laying them on the floor and folding there, but it's not really nice to get all kinds of dust and stuff on my newly washed sheets, and they still don't fold up nicely. So all of you who live by yourselves (or just fold sheets by yourselves) any tips?

I've attached a picture of how terribly wrong my folding always goes. How do you fold sheets nicely by yourself?

1|1

Most Helpful Guys

• It got better after I began doing Origami :) really. The bad ones are those with built-in corners and worse: elastic bands. I fold in the edges first and next flip over to half size. Now is time to tug and adjust unwanted folds and ripples. Once it is reasonably leveled I continue to fold until the size looks right. Surprisingly, a bed mattress is of similar size like bed sheets … so I use just this as working surface.

0|0
    0|0
  • I live alone and take the clean sheets and put them in the linen closet. No folding, just shove em in the linen closet.

Much easier. Besides, they are SHEETS, unless you're a Klansman and it is a part of your outfit (you're not obvs) no one is going to see your sheets and think, well this chick can't fold a sheet to save her life. When you put them on the bed they become wrinkle free and you sleep on them anyway.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• The same bedding 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • I put the folded sheets into that sets pillowcase so you can’t see the folding and everything is bundled together to make the bed

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 21

• okay, this is a multistep process so pay attention!

you begin by laying the sheet out flat in a large enough area.
    you pick up one side and fold it over to the other
    you then realise that few other people will see the finished folded sheet
    you begin not to care and fold it any which way and put it away in the cupboard

And finished. You have now "nicely" folded a sheet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sheets are a pain in the ass , so all that matters is you try your best , if someone comes over your place and complains about your sheets just be like , Go for it , fold that shit, tell them you give up , no biggie lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I never did actually because I sleep on the floor with a mattress. Planning to buy a new pumping couch (with air and stuff) soon. Pretty useful and comfortable.

0|0
    0|0
  • I use my chin and my fingers. Turns out like this. (Don't mind the design lol)

1|0
    0|0
  • How do you fold sheets nicely by yourself?

2|0
    0|0
  • I never understood why people spend time doing useless shit like this..

1|0
    0|0
  • I usually use a support, a table, or a bed, and fold them in half multiple time, flattening them at each step.

1|1
    0|0
  • First of all, it doesn't look as bad as you think.
    And secondly, have you tried watching it on YouTube?
    If you did and couldn't, I'll try to make a video of myself doing it and share with you (;

0|0
    0|0
  • Call your mom to fold it , I'm sure she knows how :D

1|1
    0|0
  • Just roll them, less wrinkle, save time, save space.

0|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I never cared about this stuff honestly, there are more important things in life than that. I just fold and put them in the closet

0|0
    0|0
  • I bring the upper corner together first and then I bring the lower corner together. Fold them in half and then fold them in half again. The final results looks like this

0|1
    0|0
  • Fold them on bed the upper two corners together then the outer upper corner to the opposite down corner and with your hands make sure no fabric is wrinkled and completely flat and repeat once more
    Usually you'll get it right on the first try or maximum after few times

0|1
    0|0
  • I fold my sheets like that as well 😅 and I’m short lol. Sometimes when I have so much laundry to fold and the sheets are next I either fold them like the picture or just roll them up lol 😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Good job, sweetie! Now, Depending how much Room you Have, Fold them a Bit Neater and Maybe smaller is all. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I literally lay them on the floor (the floor has to be clean tho) and hold one end then walk to the other end and fold it, repeating the same step a couple of times😂

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a device you attach to the wall, which serves to hold one end of the sheet. Don´t remember what it´s called, but my grandma got one of those.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's a fitted sheet this works quite well

1|0
    0|0
  • I fold them exactly like they do it in the store. My mom used to work in one and she taught me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks like my folding, tbh, so I don’t think I can give you any tips

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes