Does money bring happiness?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No, money doesn't bring happiness. There are a lot of people (i. e. celebrities) that has money but isn't happy, hence why some end up taking their own life. Money helps to alleviate the stress. It gives you the opportunity to do what you want to (i. e. to create memory) with the close meaningful people around you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think money can bring happiness but I think it can give security. I believe the only thing that can bring happiness is self-control, patience, kindness, humility, strength, grace, forgiveness, hard work and wisdom. Because if you dine at restaurants or go on vacation every time - you will eventually hate restaurant food and vacations. It takes self-discipline to say - I am only going to dine at restaurants once or twice a year - then when you eat a restaurant - its the most amazing experience in the world because you don't do it very often.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Anyone who tells you that money doesn't bring happiness is either flat broke or a bullshit artist. It has been found that poor people are more likely to suffer depression and other mental health disorders, also more likely to suffer diabetes and heart disease. Rich people live longer, have better health and better access to healthcare. Money gives you more options in life and enables you to turn dreams into reality.

1|0
    0|0
  • Basically I had a conflict with myself about that at some points in my life.

Short answer: Ja, money is everything! If you have it and know your hearts desires, then it will make you happy. However it won't make Santa Claus real for example.

Long answer: 99% of things you can do or are able to do are linked with being wealthy. Think about it.

Can you buy health? No - but you can spend money to make it happen: Healthy food, medicine, surgeries...
    Can you buy time? No - but you can arrange and employ people to do your work so you can be freed up on your schedule.
    Can you buy friendships or loyalty? No - but REAL friendships can be maintained regardless of money. Not the type of friends, who are your friend until you're broke (same with gold diggers). But you can spend money to maintain the means it takes to maintain friendships.
    For the loyalty part - you can spend money on a mercenary but they will be with the highest bidder anyway.
    Can you buy love? Yes but they'd be fake, not genuine.

You can do everything and anything with money, as long as in real life it is possible!
    Therefore money is everything!

I am materialistic as part how my past has shaped me. Materialistic but not greedy.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 16

• Depends on the situation

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell yes.. are you kidding me? When I was making real money it was heaven to go somewhere and buy my daughter exactly what she wanted. Getting repairs for my car without fuss.
    Money buys happiness. If it doesn't then that person is just a hopeless miserable sap that needs to STFU.

1|2
    1|0
    • 6d

Haha I agree. They've done studies that show making about $75,000 a year for a family is the goal for happiness, but nothing over that changes. If you're broke, then yes, money can buy you happiness through peace of mind and stability. But if you have achieved financial stability, more money isn't necessarily going to make you happier

I was happy being broke and living on my own, but once I started earning double that, I was a lot less stressed and able to eat healthier. The peace of mind that came with being able to afford a car payment vs breaking down on the side of the road in an inner city and getting robbed in the middle of the night was enough for me to say that money can buy happiness

• Nope. It only gives you temporary happiness. It's much better to use your money, if you have a lot of it to make offers life's happier, it I've you a lot more fulfillment in life and it's more meaningful

2|0
    1|1
  • It can relieve stress and a lot of pressure, but I don’t think it can but genuine happiness that’ll last.

2|0
    0|0
  • Not necessarily but not having it definitely brings sadness among other things

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope, it can bring stability but not necessarily happiness.

0|0
    0|0
  • Contentment. To Pay those Bills. lolxxoo

0|0
    0|0
  • HELLNO

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, to some extent.

0|1
    0|0
  • It'll make me happy

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 42

• make does make you happy, but the absent of money makes you unhappy.

I think the key thing is that, you have your basic needs met, like food, water, warm bed to sleep in, and somewhere to live. Cause if you don't have the essentials, then its impossible to do anything else,

1|0
    0|0
    • Money to a certain does make you happy, but thinking being a millionaire is going to make you happy, is won't. The real key to happiness, is having a set of values in your life, and sticking to them. What do you value in your life, it could your passionate about a hobby, a career etc.

why do most rich people end up on drugs or unhappy, cause they lost their values in life. I am not saying every celebrity, but the ones that are unhappy, or that are on drugs.

• Just stick to your key values in your life. Stand for something, or stand for nothing as they say.

• Yes, nobody likes a broke n***a.
    Nobody likes being broke either.

Do homeless people seem happy to you?

Pursuit of Happiness is a good movie about money and love.

1|0
    0|0
  • Money isn't everything... but sure is far ahead of what's in second place. :)
    Same can be said for sex.

Money doesn't make you 'happy' per se, but it provides options and power, and so then YOU get to choose if you're happy or not.

Don't underestimate the value and power of having plenty of money to do whatever you want. It surely opens up the dating options as well. Women want to know you can provide for them and the 84 children they want to have with you. So make a shit-ton of it.

0|1
    0|0
    • What do you define a shit-ton of money?

• Show All
    • @Unit1 - I started working when I was 16, moved out at 17. I think I had some life insurance money for a down payment, got a bank loan and bought a house. I had a very successful sales career at 19.

• I see.

• yes. if you put it as function of happyness over money, where money is on the x axis, you can describe it as an asymtotic slope that goes flat towards the the higher x values.

meaning more money makes you more happy to a certain point, from where the happiness gain per money isn't increased anymore.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes that has been well proven. It's probably not widely accepted to say because it doesn't feel good to acknowledge. We are supposed to act like money doesn't matter even though deep down everybody likely knows it does.

1|0
    0|0
  • If "money" is a couple million dollars, then your faithful scribe has to report a solid no. Sure I can buy any reasonable thing, but the things I really desire, I find that cash is not the currency.

Once you have enough to keep the wolf away from the door, studies show that more does not obtain extra happiness.

1|0
    0|0
  • Money doesn't bring happiness, but it does provide you with options and opportunities to do what make you happy. It generally keep the stress levels down so you can focus on what does make you happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not really. I spent some money on some virtual cash just to get some items that can only be purchased with virtual cash with some real money. After buying something from the virtual cash shop, I realized that buying virtual cash is worthless and doesn't bring you happiness. Plus, usually bad movies and bad video games don't bring people happiness. So, I gonna say that money doesn't bring people happiness because of the bad ratings of items like video games, movies, and virtual cash.

0|0
    0|0
  • The real answer is sort off. The happiness it brings is temporary, that can be brought back by buying cool stuff, but if will fade away again. Can it bring real happiness? No it cannot.

0|0
    0|0
  • of course not, but it does relieve some pressure that prevents folks from feeling free enough to fully enjoy life

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes