Does money bring happiness?

1844

Most Helpful Girls

• No, money doesn't bring happiness. There are a lot of people (i. e. celebrities) that has money but isn't happy, hence why some end up taking their own life. Money helps to alleviate the stress. It gives you the opportunity to do what you want to (i. e. to create memory) with the close meaningful people around you.

• I don't think money can bring happiness but I think it can give security. I believe the only thing that can bring happiness is self-control, patience, kindness, humility, strength, grace, forgiveness, hard work and wisdom. Because if you dine at restaurants or go on vacation every time - you will eventually hate restaurant food and vacations. It takes self-discipline to say - I am only going to dine at restaurants once or twice a year - then when you eat a restaurant - its the most amazing experience in the world because you don't do it very often.

Most Helpful Guys

• Anyone who tells you that money doesn't bring happiness is either flat broke or a bullshit artist. It has been found that poor people are more likely to suffer depression and other mental health disorders, also more likely to suffer diabetes and heart disease. Rich people live longer, have better health and better access to healthcare. Money gives you more options in life and enables you to turn dreams into reality.

• Basically I had a conflict with myself about that at some points in my life.

Short answer: Ja, money is everything! If you have it and know your hearts desires, then it will make you happy. However it won't make Santa Claus real for example.

Long answer: 99% of things you can do or are able to do are linked with being wealthy. Think about it.

Can you buy health? No - but you can spend money to make it happen: Healthy food, medicine, surgeries...
    Can you buy time? No - but you can arrange and employ people to do your work so you can be freed up on your schedule.
    Can you buy friendships or loyalty? No - but REAL friendships can be maintained regardless of money. Not the type of friends, who are your friend until you're broke (same with gold diggers). But you can spend money to maintain the means it takes to maintain friendships.
    For the loyalty part - you can spend money on a mercenary but they will be with the highest bidder anyway.
    Can you buy love? Yes but they'd be fake, not genuine.

You can do everything and anything with money, as long as in real life it is possible!
    Therefore money is everything!

I am materialistic as part how my past has shaped me. Materialistic but not greedy.