Can you date a person that killed someone?

It’s hard to speak about that but I prefer to, so I can have an idea... when I was 7 years old, a burglar infiltrated our house in the middle of the night. There was only me and my parents, and I remember that I was so scared that I pissed on my bed. And after that I heard my dad fighting with him because he heard him too. My mom came to my room to protect me, but I ran away to the kitchen, and I saw the burglar fighting with my father. Since he didn’t noticed me, the first thing I have done was to take a big knife and I stabbed the intruder to his neck. He didn’t die immediately so I stabbed him again. And my dad controlled his body. I was so shocked that I collapsed immediately. I’m fine now, despite my hematophobia but I’m scarred everytime I hear something strange on a house, and I even have a reflex to be defensive. I am 20 but I don’t even now if I’m normal or no, because I know that I can consider my self like a murderer. I want to be in a relationship with a guy, but I’m affraid of what he will think of me, if he even knew about what I have done as a child. Please, I really need advices. Can you date a person that killed someone?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would talk to you a lot about your feelings. But tbh you killed him yes. But:
    1) You were a child
    2) Afraid
    3) you killed a burglar.

I dont think this would be a reason not to date you or beginng a relationship.

But I think you need someone with a lot empathie.
    But serioulsly dont think nobody would date or beeing in a relationship with you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In a situation like the one you described I could. You were young and did the right thing. You had your best intentions at heart and those were to protect yourself and your family. Nobody should blame you for that.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• It would be surprising, but given the story, all you knew is that your father was in trouble trying to protect you and your mother and you defended them and yourself. I would date someone who has killed in self defense. It's sometimes an unfortunate necessity.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's quite a story, well... I would date someone courageous like that. But that's not a story of a murder, it's more of a child hero.

0|1
    0|0
  • No you are a hero once someone invades your home you have the right to put them in the dirt there is a castle law your home is your castle you did nothing wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sorry that it happened. I hope you're ok now. I would have no problems at all about dating someone who had to do that

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I can convince them to end me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, why wouldn't I?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I would. This sure does have me thinking though. You were 7 and you resorted to stabbing and killing him. Though I doubt you understood the value of one's life. But you are a hero, for sure. You were only wanting to protect your family and that's great. Good luck on finding someone, they'll support you

0|0
    0|0
  • Damn. I don't know about that. You had to do what you had to but sheesh.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
    • This is a interresting question. Why wouldn't you?

• Because they might kill me too?

• Mean you would feel unsecure.
      I do understand. And if I knew she killednher boyfriend before I would say the same. But this. She was afraid and a kid.

But I do understand you. I had a girlfriend and someone tried to rape her. I become angry and injured him. Later she told me I she was afraid by me more than him because she didn't knew I can become so aggressive even while protecting her. I did not understand that.

But I do understand you.

• LOL im not desperate enough to do that shit

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends

0|0
    0|0
  • No i couldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • You can't date someone if they're in jail

0|0