Can you date a person that killed someone?

It’s hard to speak about that but I prefer to, so I can have an idea... when I was 7 years old, a burglar infiltrated our house in the middle of the night. There was only me and my parents, and I remember that I was so scared that I pissed on my bed. And after that I heard my dad fighting with him because he heard him too. My mom came to my room to protect me, but I ran away to the kitchen, and I saw the burglar fighting with my father. Since he didn’t noticed me, the first thing I have done was to take a big knife and I stabbed the intruder to his neck. He didn’t die immediately so I stabbed him again. And my dad controlled his body. I was so shocked that I collapsed immediately. I’m fine now, despite my hematophobia but I’m scarred everytime I hear something strange on a house, and I even have a reflex to be defensive. I am 20 but I don’t even now if I’m normal or no, because I know that I can consider my self like a murderer. I want to be in a relationship with a guy, but I’m affraid of what he will think of me, if he even knew about what I have done as a child. Please, I really need advices. Can you date a person that killed someone?

87

Most Helpful Guy

• I would talk to you a lot about your feelings. But tbh you killed him yes. But:
    1) You were a child
    2) Afraid
    3) you killed a burglar.

I dont think this would be a reason not to date you or beginng a relationship.

But I think you need someone with a lot empathie.
    But serioulsly dont think nobody would date or beeing in a relationship with you.

Most Helpful Girl

• In a situation like the one you described I could. You were young and did the right thing. You had your best intentions at heart and those were to protect yourself and your family. Nobody should blame you for that.