What bothers you most when it comes to text messaging?

So I've seen enough questions on here about people freaking out just because someone didn't reply to their text message like immediately, and I've seen some people (mostly girls) panicking about when is the "appropriate" time to text back or to initiate a text. That is the sending, but what about the receiving. I HATE when someone sends like 12 broken texts at once rather than just one long one. But lets see your peeves. Does it bother you when?
  • People respond too quickly
    Vote A
  • People take too long to respond
    Vote B
  • Send multiple short texts
    Vote C
  • Send a newspaper article long text
    Vote D
  • Use more emoji's than words
    Vote E
  • Respond with single word conversation enders such as "k", "lol", "ikr" etc
    Vote F
  • A combination of 2 or more (write below)
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Sending a bunch of short separate messages like

Hey
    What's up?
    😊😁😊😁

That could easily be said in one line.

I hate when people misspell on purpose. I can put up with "lol" or "ikr" but stupid shit like "ur" or replacing the word "to" with the number 2 makes my eyes bleed.

I think I hate the people that feel the need to reach out on a daily basis with no conversation what so ever the most. I feel like it's better to let a conversation die than to keep starting one that's gonna end after the questions "what's up?" and "how's it going?" .

1|0
    0|0
    • I was going to add "overuse of text lingo" but i ran out of space on the polls... that was actually one of them. That stuff kills me. My mom is one of the worst I've seen. Im like "lady you have like 10 degrees, didn't one of them involve spelling? and where are you in hurry to?"

I was also going to add "misuse or no use of punctuation".

Most Helpful Guys

• Responding with single word conversation enders, using emojis more than words, sometimes taking too long to respond annoys me, and responding incoherently with either terrible spelling or grammar. I like to understand what the person is saying, not have to interpret the meaning.

0|1
    0|0
    • like a frickin code "wat r u dng 2dy dvlmn"... just makes me wanna toss my phone or just put it back and ignore it. i dont speak... whatever that is.

• I think its probably for me the feeling that every text needs a response when it doesn't - I think people freak out about this on GaG forever with questions constantly on the same topic.

0|2
    0|0
    • yup... like those conversation enders... i have a limit of 3. if i send a decent text and the next 3 responses are conversation enders... like lol lol lol... on the last one i put my phone down. the convo is over.

• My girlfriend sometimes doesn't respond to every message I send - I don't freak out haha. To be fair I probably do the same.

• My girl doesn't either. and i give a text message a period of 12-24 hours, thats enough time for someone to have a clear schedule, and im pretty sure unless you dont have a phone, during that period of time, you have seen my text message. If after 24 hours and still nothing, i text again. if still nothing for another 24, fuck it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 8

• Inconsistency. People that take forever to text back. A conversation that could've taken a few minutes lasts days because the person takes hours to respond.

0|1
    0|0
  • People taking too long to respond, sending multiple short texts, using more emojis than words, single word conversation enders, and just lazy texting such as "ur" and "r".

0|1
    0|0
  • When someone says "oh."
    When someone is always texting me after the fact I say that I am busy.
    When someone texts me first but for no good reason or dont have anything to talk about

0|1
    0|0
    • that first and third one... especially the third one... i can't STAND that lol.
      "Hey, what up"
      "chilling, you"
      "same"
      "good to know"

thats it. you texted me first, why? lol

• Forealll😂😂😑😒

• People responding too quickly can be very annoying.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea... i know a few people that before i can put my phone down, they have replied.

• What bothers me most is others expecting me to respond quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Friends starting drama. Accusing of my boyfriend cheating. Other things

0|0
    0|0
  • People are learning incorrect grammar and spelling because to avoiding a lot of typing and then insist they're truly correct.

0|0
    0|0
  • Taking like 6 hours only to write one word

0|1
    0|0
    • it didn't take em 6 hours... they were just busy for 6 hours...(and dont you dare come at me as to why they wrote one word lol)

• Show All
    • That’s good I don’t mind it

• i'll be sure to spam you too lol

What Guys Said 11

• This:

"Oh... Ok..."

When anyone responds me messages like that. Especially when I tell someone I'm busy.

Obvious attention seeking, unnecessary display of disappointment, and clearly trying to get me to ask if they're okay.

I am not obligated to read you, and those are obvious signals to get me to worry about you/pay more attention to you.

0|1
    0|0
    • its still an expression of something at the very least. I know i do that sometimes. i usually dont expect a response.

• Show All
    • i kinda knew you were gonna say that. yea, i tend to just delete that. At least they got the message lol

• Probably the tumors. I guess that would be, "other," no?

What bothers you most when it comes to text messaging?

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls expecting a “good texter”
    Like, fuck off. If I want to chit chat, let’s get together and we’ll talk. Text us 100% utilitarian to me

0|2
    0|0
    • a good texter is one that is stands by the phone just WAITING for her text lol

• I hate texting, so I just hate that people feel like if you are not texting them all the time, you do not care about them. This has made it especially hard in dating for me because i often throw my phone someplace and don't check it for hours because i really value true alone time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I strongly dislike shortened words and I don’t like how they can be read in a way that was not intended.

0|1
    0|0
  • The only person I text with regularly is my girlfriend and she is not very predictable - A couple of short ones one day then 20 long ones the next - She expects me to be psychic, a "I love you so much" might be all she says sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • People taking too long, without you knowing why. By too long I mean months. All the time.
    Long messages are very welcome. Just as quick responses, obviously.
    But the inability to convey the tone of your voice and expression. Like…I don't want to call or video call, I might not even have the option for different reasons, but I need to send that aspect along with the text.
    Even here, in comments.
    Also, what frustrates me, is when I send multiple topic text, and get response only on the last topic. Then I re-send the unresponded and only then I get some response.
    Like…could you perhaps…IDK…respond to all?

0|1
    0|0
  • none of the above... Its the fact that it is doing its best to replace every day verbal communication.

0|0
    0|0
  • People take too long and send multiple short texts

0|1
    0|0
    • Gotta define too long though. Thats one of my least bothersome. sometimes people can be busy. i try to understand that.

• You can take 5 minutes out of any day to respond or at least say you're busy

• Thats what i always say. it doesn't even take 5 mins.. a few seconds to say "im busy".. SEND.
      Then i will understand you got it and will stop texting and wait.

• Ok...

0|1
    0|0
  • Think texts should be kept short

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes