What bothers you most when it comes to text messaging?

So I've seen enough questions on here about people freaking out just because someone didn't reply to their text message like immediately, and I've seen some people (mostly girls) panicking about when is the "appropriate" time to text back or to initiate a text. That is the sending, but what about the receiving. I HATE when someone sends like 12 broken texts at once rather than just one long one. But lets see your peeves. Does it bother you when?
  • People respond too quickly
  • People take too long to respond
  • Send multiple short texts
    Vote C
  • Send a newspaper article long text
    Vote D
  • Use more emoji's than words
    Vote E
  • Respond with single word conversation enders such as "k", "lol", "ikr" etc
    Vote F
  • A combination of 2 or more (write below)
    Vote G

913

Most Helpful Girl

• Sending a bunch of short separate messages like

Hey
    What's up?
    😊😁😊😁

That could easily be said in one line.

I hate when people misspell on purpose. I can put up with "lol" or "ikr" but stupid shit like "ur" or replacing the word "to" with the number 2 makes my eyes bleed.

I think I hate the people that feel the need to reach out on a daily basis with no conversation what so ever the most. I feel like it's better to let a conversation die than to keep starting one that's gonna end after the questions "what's up?" and "how's it going?" .

• I was going to add "overuse of text lingo" but i ran out of space on the polls... that was actually one of them. That stuff kills me. My mom is one of the worst I've seen. Im like "lady you have like 10 degrees, didn't one of them involve spelling? and where are you in hurry to?"

I was also going to add "misuse or no use of punctuation".

Most Helpful Guys

• Responding with single word conversation enders, using emojis more than words, sometimes taking too long to respond annoys me, and responding incoherently with either terrible spelling or grammar. I like to understand what the person is saying, not have to interpret the meaning.

• like a frickin code "wat r u dng 2dy dvlmn"... just makes me wanna toss my phone or just put it back and ignore it. i dont speak... whatever that is.

• I think its probably for me the feeling that every text needs a response when it doesn't - I think people freak out about this on GaG forever with questions constantly on the same topic.

• yup... like those conversation enders... i have a limit of 3. if i send a decent text and the next 3 responses are conversation enders... like lol lol lol... on the last one i put my phone down. the convo is over.

• My girlfriend sometimes doesn't respond to every message I send - I don't freak out haha. To be fair I probably do the same.

• My girl doesn't either. and i give a text message a period of 12-24 hours, thats enough time for someone to have a clear schedule, and im pretty sure unless you dont have a phone, during that period of time, you have seen my text message. If after 24 hours and still nothing, i text again. if still nothing for another 24, fuck it.