What does your username mean? How did you choose it?

What does your username mean? How did you choose it?
Updates:
Stingrays are hands down my favorite animal of all time.

Corvette Stingray is my dream car (1960’s model).

“Ray” is part of my real name.

3|6

Most Helpful Guys

• Really it is an ode to creativity. I picture myself as being able to do lots of wonderful things much like the polymath did in his heyday. It is really an Internet alias.
    Yes we’re all waiting for your reasons for choosing ‘stingray’ in your update. I’ve not seen any caustic criticism from you yet so it couldn’t be that you sting like a, well, stingray!!!

1|0
    0|0
    • I speak my mind but in a diplomatic way. I’ll only “sting” on certain topics that hit deeply.

• Show All
    • 😂 too much Cranberries.

That’s a common way of speaking using all sorts of wonderful literary devices. Usually the best way to have people scratching their heads too.

• Thanks for the most honest opinion. Hope it inspires you ‘create’ cool usernames🌷

Most Helpful Girls

• Inmensus is in Latin. It means immesurable, infinite, no limits. I've always liked the chaos theory and the parallel universes/multiverse theory. That's what we are, infinite.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• My username literally means "Don't fool me" in our language. I mean the sound of it not how it's spelled.

3|1
    0|0
    • "Ayaw ko ilara". But in short, it goes like this "Ay ko ilara"

• Show All
    • Google translate is always inaccurate with our language lol. But I don't need it. I'm fluent anyways.

• Awesome!! Thank you for sharing!

• Ok, so mine is so unfun, Johnathan James Payne whats more fun is my Facebook nickname Max Payne which just happens to be a badass videogame character, which I wish existed when I was younger because, the younger kids always translated payne=pain and well that was not always so fun

1|0
    0|0
  • My zodiac sign is Taurus so I came up with my name of Taurean Bull lol 😂😂

What's your sign @StingRay?

2|0
    0|0
  • Well, I'm curious! I wanted to follow with mufucka but G@G wasn't having it.. Plus I got tired of jman46241 after reaching guru close to 2 years ago.

2|0
    0|0
    • Really? Why do people throw in the towel when they are so close?
      F*uckit! Haha

• Show All
    • Really? Anyway 10000 xper is 9. 20000 is Guru. 50000 is Master. Only asking the really because you have the influencer badge. Guess they're handed out like candy lol

• I honestly don’t know about all this. I just enjoy the conversations and interactions with people. I’ve been wondering where all of these magical points are going that I have accumulated.

• It's a portmanteau of my birth name and my favorite writer's surname.

1|0
    0|0
    • Portmanteau! I haven’t heard that word in a while. It’s lovely in itself.

• Thanks! I'm not really sure it would be correct to use for a given name, but it seemed quite appropriate to me.

• I tend to prefer base names, with no miscellaneous characters, because I like my "avatar" to sound context-appropriate and also to not look like it was just thrown together or taken out of random name generator. Even when I have the opportunity to make a goofy-sounding name that can be changed at any time, because there's no presumption of "serious" discussion (although I still prefer that to pointless meandering), I prefer my username to look "deliberate".

If you look at the average person's computer's file system, they'll probably have folders with names like "Random A** Shit" or "Stuff". But, for me, it is almost compulsory that my file names be archetypal and template-like... and so my username choice is of a similar quality.

1|0
    0|0
    • That’s interesting! Sometimes I put my password to something like “Bills and shit” just because it gives me a laugh.

• My username was originally Aenetone. The name came to me in a dream, the day before I created my original gag account. But I said some really stupid things, felt ashamed, and deleted my account. Then I created a new account, under the name Aenetoo. Becuz I'm Aenet, too.
    Don't know what it means, but at least its original.

1|0
    0|0
    • Kinda wish I could get my old username back. But, alas, alack, it's impossible.

• It means exterminator in Latin, which isn’t hard to figure out, but I was looking for death angel in Latin as the picture in my profile is a painting of the death angel from the Exodus story in the Bible. Unfortunately there is no real food Latin translation for death angel as far as I can discern.

The painting was created by Evelyn De Morgan after WW 1 and is the most intense piece of art work I’ve ever seen. Equally morbid as it is beautiful.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm a Chicago Bulls fan. And Scottie Pippen is my all time favorite basketball player and his jersey # is 33.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's a weapon style from the video game DMC Devil May Cry. The true name is 'Eryx' but Girlsaskguys needs at least 5 characters in your username so that's why an extra 'x'.

0|1
    0|0
  • Zeus's Lightning Bolt

I don't know. I wanted the most random thing possible.
    I only made this account after I was catfidhed so I could talk to BellaIsAQueen and no one else.

Yet, here I am at Guru.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mikey Ramone is my stage name. Full name is Mikey Jones Ramone Østergård. Mikey is the pet namesake for Michael as I love Michael Jackson when I was a kid; Jones is the surname of the legendary Rolling Stones multi-instrumentalist Brian Jones, Ramone is from the Ramones - a New York punk rock band in the 70s and they have been also my main influence since 2010; and last but not least - Østergård is a random Danish name as I really love Denmark the country, the culture and everything about it. I wanna move there to live in the future for the rest of my life. So basically my stage name is a huge combination. LOL

1|1
    0|0
  • That life has a way to teach us and sometimes it takes a few years of age to understand what puzzled you in your youth

1|0
    0|0
  • It's just the part of my University email that comes before the '@' symbol. I use it just cause it's easy to remember.

1|0
    0|0
  • First initial, plus Man Going His Own Way. Basically, a statement of freedom, self-ownership and self-interest in a world not so fond of men.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means nothing... just a random name I came up with and I use this same username in most social media I join (cause I don't like revealing my personal info)

0|0
    0|0
  • I had Market Data open in another window when I signed up. The icon came later.

1|1
    0|0
  • What does your username mean? How did you choose it? that me inside and out

0|0
    0|0
  • I have pet dog and numbers just random because others was take

1|0
    0|0
  • My user name in my initials and I used to have a 442 car!

1|0
    0|0
  • I took mine from the movie "howls moving castle", I recommend Hayao Myiazaki by the way

1|0
    0|0
  • my username started long ago when i was into playing MMORPGs on computer. "Squishy" in gaming terms means a character, and/or a class/job, with low hp and defense, will usually die within 3 to 5 hits from enemies. during that time i mostly played as a healer or a class that debuffs people to make them weak and slow so the rest of my team can rush in to rape them, a lot of times people see me and they want to kill me badly because of my name, i would purposely lure them back to where my team is, then cast a slow on them and my team rushes out to kill them and people hated me in pvp fights because i always screw them over.

but yeah, ever since then i have kept using my current username for like more than 10 years, for games, forums, and etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yuvi is my nick name for Yugal and based on famous cricketer Yuvraj singh who was also cancer patient

0|0
    0|0
  • Lots of people ask questions here, and lots of people answer questions here, but not many people are asking The Real Question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Does my name really need explaining? My names rob and i love demi and thats our date of births duh simle isn't it

0|0
    0|0
  • I chose the Titanic because I’ve been on the subject for a long time and 1912 is the year it set sail and sank!

0|0
    0|0
  • My username is the initial password for my email account at a new job that I had many years ago.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cool. My username is just my name. I'm not sure what it means, though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sky as in the sky
    tatoe as in potato
    So flying potato or something ^^

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 21

• Mhhh, alien because I sometimes feel isolated and tend to think I'm a weirdo not from this planet. Parasite because I sometimes feel my thoughts could be misunderstood and could create antipathy and therefore some people could think someone like me is detrimental for society. That's how I thought this nickname was for me. However I also thought robotic nicknames, as many people tell me I'm like a computer.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have been known as Cake, Cakes, and variations of such since I was a small child. Mlle is short for Mademoiselle.

It comes from how my father used to play "Patty Cakes" with me as a baby. Since my name is Caitlin, he called it "CaitiCakes" - and that nick name has stuck for a loooooooong time. When I was 19 and creating my first online screen name it popped in my head.

0|0
    0|0
  • DJ at a club use to say "wow damn girl "when I'd come in the club. He shortened it to wowgirl in time. You?

2|1
    0|0
  • I chose my username because it is True
    My boyfriend is Irish and Scottish ( but I couldn't fit Scottish in there so.. yeah 😐)
    And I love him
    So that is why I chose my username

1|1
    0|0
  • Because it is what I try to do with my pain to the best of my ability’s

1|0
    0|0
  • Paris is Close to my Real Name. And much Easier for People to Remember.
    I Have been Here, dear, Nearly 5 Years Now and on December 13 2013... I Created Paris13 for January 1st, 20124!!!
    A Master to Never Forget. lolxx

0|0
    0|0
  • Was eating vanilla pudding at the time of account creation, rest is just random stuff 🤣

1|0
    0|0
  • Catchy name. I love this.
    I thought of MasterKey because I feel I can perhaps be the Master Key to people here on gag.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like the movie Mean Girls and this was a Twitter username from a while back that I used as my Xbox gamertag.

0|0
    0|0
  • I... asked google for funny user names and a generator came up with this one. Best story ever eh? xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine is MarilynMansonsSlvt because, um, I'm a slut (or "slvt") for Marilyn Manson.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|1
    0|4
  • Schrodinger's cat is a thought experiment in Quantum mechanics

0|0
    0|0
  • Andrea was my cousins name, but when she died, I combinded her name and my mother's name to make my username.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a street in London. Originally has one L but I didn't like it to added the other one.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's my name and family name combined with my age in the moment I made the account

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m a Sweet Girl from Nova Scotia.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I AM AMAZING 😉 and only ME

0|0
    0|0
  • I like pink.
    I was born in 2000

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a nickname and 89 is my favourite number.

1|0
    0|0
  • I kinda feel like mine is self explanatory lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Expect sweet girl N. S. is a dude pretending to be a girl. Knows way too much but fore skin. Lol
    Stop protending too in the military too.
    Creeper.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes