Meaning of life?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your assumption is that there is a meaning of life, because it would be comforting to know that we want to live for nothing. And I fully agree with that thought. But it's entirely possible, that while that is probably one of the most likely questions that most people would ask if they can ask one question and know the answer, it's quite possible that it has no answer!

Just consider what the word "meaning" means. Well your opinion may vary it's somewhat likely that it's purely something created by the human mind to help us figure out what things mean! Also probably as a coping mechanism to give comfort, sense if you work at a job that has no purpose or meaning or your live in a reality with similar shortcomings, everything seems pointless. Therefore creating the concept of meaning gives us a sense of purpose.

Perhaps life just is because life is. Of course not everybody believes this and it's just an opinion. Other views are equally valid I just thought it would be interesting to approach the question from a different angle than most.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• life
    noun
    1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
    2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
    3. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
    vitality, vigour, or energy.
    4.(in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• To live. Learn from the mistakes, explore new things, achieve something in like, do well in career, form friendships, make lots of good memories with your loved ones that you can look back after few years , smile and cherish them. To fall in love and have kids that you can pass your values and morals to and give them lots of love and support them. Teach them good things and share your experiences with them. Try to be a better person, do something meaningful and have some good people in your life. So, when you taje your last breath, you would say to youeself. "I lived a great life. I'm happy about my decisions and grateful for what I had"

1|1
    0|0
    • These are all wonderful things I agree with all of them and practice them regularly! But as I was explaining in my opinion, perhaps there is no purpose or meaning of life in which case what you have to show in the end for your life and everything that you've accomplished therein, would be ultimately all done for nothing. And if true what's satisfaction is there that can be taken in one's dying breath?

• Show All
    • Thank you kindly Genie23😁

• You are welcome, lovely :)

• To die.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• God and passing the test of life so I get to heaven

0|0
    0|0
    • By the way if God is omnificent why,, oh why would he need to test us? Doesn't he already know the answer, the outcome, our inevitable fate?

• Show All
    • It also means that he's all-powerful and unlimited/ infinitely powerful, he can easily change things that we do out of free will. He can intervene in the natural world anyway that he chooses. Therefore not only does he know the outcome but he can change it and the reason that he would change it couldn't be related to what we do because he already knows what we will be doing every moment of our life. So again, what need is there for a test. Even the thought of it the seems to belittle God in a sense.

• @OurSecrets I figure God doesn't look into the future, even knowing he could

• Pussy

1|0
    0|0
  • You have to find that out for yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is there one?

0|0
    0|0
  • No meaning

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex yam yam

0|0
    0|0
  • Foot to ass. The creator's foot to my ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • gress

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes