Meaning of life?

39

Most Helpful Girl

• Your assumption is that there is a meaning of life, because it would be comforting to know that we want to live for nothing. And I fully agree with that thought. But it's entirely possible, that while that is probably one of the most likely questions that most people would ask if they can ask one question and know the answer, it's quite possible that it has no answer!

Just consider what the word "meaning" means. Well your opinion may vary it's somewhat likely that it's purely something created by the human mind to help us figure out what things mean! Also probably as a coping mechanism to give comfort, sense if you work at a job that has no purpose or meaning or your live in a reality with similar shortcomings, everything seems pointless. Therefore creating the concept of meaning gives us a sense of purpose.

Perhaps life just is because life is. Of course not everybody believes this and it's just an opinion. Other views are equally valid I just thought it would be interesting to approach the question from a different angle than most.

Most Helpful Guy

• life
    noun
    1. the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
    2. the existence of an individual human being or animal.
    3. the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
    vitality, vigour, or energy.
    4.(in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.