Do you believe that everything happens for a reason? Do you believe in fate?

Looking back on my life I can see if certain things hadn’t happened exactly the way they did I wouldn’t be where I am today at all!

1|3

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes and yes. But you can help it along by putting yourself in the best possible position. To take advantage of all the good choices proper foundations and end results that put a smile on your face and reinforce your decision making choices and the ability to know what's right and what's wrong. In the end by being where it's the best for your situation will allow the best outcome.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't believe in fate. I do believe that everything happens for a reason to teach you something. You make your own destiny through your own choices and how you take these experiences and learn from them. From these choices that you make your "fate" changes and affects your future.

Ever watched "The Flash"? Like if they go back in time and changed the past, the future changes. These choices you make at specific times can change how your future turns out.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, I do. I wouldn't know what I know today if it wasn't for everything that happened to me in the past.
    However, I still don't know why my father decided to bring us to a poor country with close-minded and racist people and that has nothing to offer...
    I don't know why I'm still living here 22 years later...

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't believe in fate, because it implies that the course of your life is an unalterable destiny that will run its course regardless how you act or behave.
    In a sense this is true, about the human condition as it is bound to the cycle of life and death. However, I believe in cause and effect, in which a person has the power to change the course of their life for the better or for the worse, depending on positive or negative intention and what you do with effects of what others have caused.
    I suppose I could call it karma. If evil was done to you, and you set out with the intent to continue the evil, the world and you will acollectively suffer the effect of the consequences. If you set out with the intent to cause no harm to others the world and you will subsequently, feel the positive effects and see a shift towards a peaceful existance.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Well it's true you wouldn't be where you are if it didn't happen exactly how it did but I'm not sure it happened for a reason. I like the thought that things happen for a reason but being logical leads me to think it doesn't. But I make myself believe it does because it gives you hope

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes we can alter and change things but if something is meant to be then maybe it was meant to happen like that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Have you ever watched a youtube video where a dude walks up and kicks another dude in the balls?

What was the reason for that?

1|0
    0|0
  • nope. i believe our actions and some other factors we dont control define whats next, not a predefined fate.

1|1
    0|0
  • I believe everything happens for a reason, but I dont believe in fate. Rather in Faith and that up above is a God Who destines us

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, for instance where you're born has a big part in who you are. some decisions are yours but some are predetermined

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe that God has ordained my time of death, but what I do up until then and the manner of my death is my own choosing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything happens for a reason... sometimes things happen and you don't know why and how but If you look into it you will always find them.

1|0
    0|0
  • Destiny, Fate, Random
    Happenstance. One or all? Who knows.

1|0
    0|0
  • God I hope everything is down to "fate" that would make me feel so much better about life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I call it the course if life. Certain things happen certain things don't. Not a coincidence or fate.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would agree with the supporting sentence, but not the title question.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some things develop out of your will We call it fate

1|0
    0|0
  • things happen because influences either for or against you happen

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe everything in time is infinite but fixed, but because we're a part of a certain time then the mere existence makes what we call the arrow of time from our point of view, and because of that we won't ever be able to predict in detail our future since we'd have to include every single integer in the universe, even the ones we don't know, and even ourselves and all of that while everything changes and every single detail changes everything... which well... is goddamn impossible, the better solution is just living lolz...
    And I also believe time is an infinite variation of everything which makes sense of reality in a way... but it's actually more complicated than that and explaining it to you is even more...
    So yeah nobody would be where they are without a past, makes sense lolz 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes everything happens for a reason i strongly believe in it

1|0
    0|0
  • Any philosophy should not be life, it should lead life

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything goes in it's own way and if you sit and watch everything works out.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do believe everything happen for a reason

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i believe things happen for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in karma

2|0
    0|0
  • I believe destiny and free will can coexist.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't believe in either

1|0
    0|0
  • No...

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think so.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I try to make my own fate

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it does

1|0
    0|0
  • Aren't you so young as to think like that?

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 16

• I believe in action-reaction.
    And not reaction-action,
    which means I don't believe there's a reaction (or if you prefer consequence) at the end of the road and then actions happen to have that reaction.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'm drunk, I don't know where I'm going with this.

• And if you'd made different choices you'd probably say the same thing. No, I don't believe in fate, I believe people make their own fate

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not believe in fate, life is what you make it. The uplifting of society, bettering of others lives is on us and our actions and determination not 'fate'

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure, good and bad karma. I also believe in sacred geometry. Every choice does have a consequence.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, everything happens for a reason. Date would imply that no matter what we did we couldn’t change our future. I can’t live based on that thinking. So no, I don’t believe in fate.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just accept the wonderful things in your life and be thankful for them !!!

1|0
    0|0
  • I do believe everything happens for a reason. Even if life sucks, I do have high hopes that in the end, I'll be right where I need to be!

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes I do. On Friday a lot of things happened out of fate.

1|0
    0|0
  • The answer to the first q is yes in my opinion and I don’t believe in fate

1|0
    0|0
  • God does the Guiding Here, dear, He is Near. xxoo

1|0
    0|0
  • No, not even a little bit.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes it seems this way yes

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

1|0
    0|0
  • Everything that happens has a reaction.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I dont agree

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes