Do kids have to learn to play a recorder for music class where you live?

My little neighbor is practising a Christmas Carol in a recorder flute every morning at 8am. It's a terrible way to wake up. It sounds like the titanic flute.

However I understand the kid propably has better things to do and plays because it's mandatory for school, I had to learn to play that instrument too when I was in primary school. So had you have to learn to play a recorder for school when you were a kid? Have a little neighbor ever woken you up with a terrible performance? Any other thought related to music class, recorder flute, kids or whatever?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• unfortunately i did. instead of using the extra time to help me with math, i learned how to play star wars on a toy clarinet... yay American school system

1|0
    0|0
    • Oh, then I dedicate you this shitty flute version

https://youtu.be/VeFzYPKbz1g

• Show All
    • lies, i learned piano and it didn't help my math i still sucked lol

• apparently, a study was done that children who did music at an early age and kept going for years tend to have better writing and math scores. If you started in elementary school I don't think that counts it more about children who started in preschool.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone who wanted to join band in elementary had to first learn recorder. Everyone at our school has the memories of the "big Christmas show," where we were all playing in harmony.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• In elementary school everyone had to learn how to play the recorder and it was awful.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I was in high school many years ago, the recorder was the first musical instrument my class was taught to play.
    I'm not sure about now.

1|0
    0|0
  • not sure how it is today but when i was in primary school, it was merely optional. i didn't do it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, but I had to. My rendition of "Happy Birthday" is legendary

1|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea, but I certainly did when I was in grade school.

0|0
    0|0
  • It was mandatory for my area in primary school.

1|0
    0|0
  • I played the triangle!
    Does that count?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, we did it in 3rd grade music class I think

1|0
    0|0
  • I never even touched one of those before.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes i did too

1|0
    0|0
  • yes, we had to do it and it sucked ass

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes they do in scotland

1|0
    0|0
  • It was optional at my school.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yep we had to learn to play the recorder it was quite fun but we sounded horrible lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I had to when I was young too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah we did

1|0
    0|0
  • This man rivals even Mozart himself

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes