Do kids have to learn to play a recorder for music class where you live?

My little neighbor is practising a Christmas Carol in a recorder flute every morning at 8am. It's a terrible way to wake up. It sounds like the titanic flute.

However I understand the kid propably has better things to do and plays because it's mandatory for school, I had to learn to play that instrument too when I was in primary school. So had you have to learn to play a recorder for school when you were a kid? Have a little neighbor ever woken you up with a terrible performance? Any other thought related to music class, recorder flute, kids or whatever?

515

Most Helpful Guys

• unfortunately i did. instead of using the extra time to help me with math, i learned how to play star wars on a toy clarinet... yay American school system

• Oh, then I dedicate you this shitty flute version

https://youtu.be/VeFzYPKbz1g

• lies, i learned piano and it didn't help my math i still sucked lol

• apparently, a study was done that children who did music at an early age and kept going for years tend to have better writing and math scores. If you started in elementary school I don't think that counts it more about children who started in preschool.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone who wanted to join band in elementary had to first learn recorder. Everyone at our school has the memories of the "big Christmas show," where we were all playing in harmony.