What is a tradition that you or your family has?

712

What Guys Said 12

• For my family it's definitely settling for crappy relationships because they're a bunch of losers who aren't prepared to put in work to meet better people.

• every year by the 1st of December we all put up Christmas decorations together

• Dysfunction.

• Thanksgiving dinner, prayer before we eat

• Nothing.

• Im from India, we dont have one,

...

• The lake is a long way from here.

• cooking together at the end of the week

• May be producing child

• Leaving boys' genitalia intact, i. e. not circumcising.

I'm very proud that all of my brothers are intact, and my son will also be intact

• Im in a cult.

• They complain a lot that's their only tradition. I just stay out of it

What Girls Said 7

• Having a sit down meal once a week where we all get to play a couple of tunes off spotify - my sister usually picks some garbage like Drake, my mum picks 80's - 90s stuff and I prefer acoustic live lounge stuff / 1D etc...
    It's actually really good, we listen to music we normally wouldn't and when my dad was alive he played this tune by Jim Croce that I would never have heard of otherwise

• During Christmas, everyone gets exactly 12 gifts.
    My family makes their own cough syrup for over 70 years (Its disgusting but it works)
    There's this grapevine hut that we eat Mexican under every New Year.

• Christmass for my fathers side at the 23 December and for my mothers side the 24 December. Two Christmases and it worked well after their divorce

• Growing up, we'd have dinner together nearly every day at the dining table. And at 9pm, we would have tea and watch TV for an hour. Still happens every time I go back home to visit.

• We eat chicken and baguette every Friday while watching a movie and eat salted pistachios for dessert

• Thanksgiving, my sisters in-laws house, Christmas it’s Our House, Easter we tend to Greece also for Vacations.

• Me and my family love Halloween, and we also celebrate Day of The Dead. On that day we remember all the loved ones (human and animal) that we have lost. Halloween its a night of horror and candy.

Thanksgiving, its the usual tradition of food and being thankful for what we have. Christmas time, we celebrate it more as honoring the winter season and we still have the good food and presents. My dad still pretends to be santa by leaving extra gifts out Christmas morning for me and my mom. Also, while opening presents there's either Christmas music playing or metal music. Most of the time its metal lol