How do you feel about couples or women having babies at a young age?

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• Well I have four other brothers and I’m the youngest. They all had their kids before reaching 18 years old so I saw what they went through. It made me realize a lot about raising babies and having to grow up so quick. I never had interest in having a child with any of my exes except for the recent four year relationship I just got out of. I don’t judge anybody on their decisions if they fell like they want to have a child together let them be don’t criticize.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was a Dad at 16

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

Wow how did that work out for you? And what did your parents think?

• 4d

As imagined. She was 16 as well. I was a very emotional and hurtful that left me crippled and introverted for many years it's experience that no one should go through at that age but I'd do it all again for my daughter.

• 4d

Beautiful

Most Helpful Girls

• I had my first a month after I turned 18. I had my second a month after I turned 21. I am a good mother to them, I am able to have a long maternity leave with both, and when I have to start studying again I will be very flexible, able to give them days off and pick them early in a way I couldn’t if I were working full time. When my youngest is 16 months I will go to university to study psychology, so I will still get the education i wanted. I still have my hobbies. I still have my friends. The kids are a part of my life and goes with me everywhere, you decide how limiting it is to have children.

3|0
    0|0
  • As long as they can take care of the kids, have a good stable home and job, and are responsible, you can do whatever the hell you want. In other countries outside of the US, it’s normal and encouraged. In the US as of now, it’s looked as a norm in some situations but somewhat of a social taboo at the same time. Back in the 40s and 50s, young couples getting married and having tons of babies was very acceptable. In my eyes however, I don’t like it when there’s no marriage. I’m sort of traditional. Then again, as long as the two parents or the woman isn’t immature as hell, you do whatever you please.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• For some, it's a cultural norm.

In the United States however, for the vast majority of people there is no significant factor that would demand starting a family at an early age, so 99% of the time, I think women/couples are being extremely foolish for doing so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing

2|0
    0|0
  • Better than getting a degree, starting a career, then leaving it to start a family with mediocre nesting skills.

Whereas if you have the kids first, you can have them at the peak of your fertility, giving you the best odds of healthy babies with no complications or defects.

Then you can go get a degree, have a career, etc. after the kids are gone, uninterrupted by maternity.

3|1
    2|0
  • Young? You mean like 12? No, but 18 or so. Better than waiting until you're over 35. Less chance of complications, birth defects, all those horrible things.

3|3
    3|0
  • How young?

If your somewhat young early to mid-20's there are a lot of benefits. Have plenty of energy to chase down little tots, younger women's bodies spring back from baby weight very quickly, and you'll still be fairly young middle aged (40s) when the kid becomes an adult leaving you plenty of time to enjoy yourself before getting to old.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think its better than doing it in your mid thirties when risk for birth defects sets in more aggressively.

4|1
    1|0
  • It's irrational and irresponsible in most cases and I feel like they're throwing away a part of their life they should be experiencing what the world has to offer while they can, it's a whole lot easier to travel as a couple than as a couple with a kid for example.

1|0
    1|0
  • As long as they pay their own bills and support their kid (s), I don't care. What pisses me off is hearing a woman or man claiming to be "doing it on my own" while getting housing, free medical, EBT, etc.

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as their relationship is stable, and they have a secure source of income. I say, why not? But i don't support single parenthood.

2|1
    0|0
  • I think it is good because then they learn how to be a housewife and stay home and cook for the family.

3|1
    2|1
    • 4d

In the old days that's what happened when the world was a better place.

• Show All
    • 4d

@bamesjond0069 I don’t think u even know how much that earn but okayyy

• 3d

@Kolemma like $30 to 40k max

• My mom always said, she was glad she had me and my sister
    at a young age. She had me at age 23 and my sister age 24.
    me and my sister are only 19 months apart.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fine if they're going to take care of the little fucker and have the means to do so.

3|1
    0|0
  • Feeling proud for them as at such a young age they are taking responsibilities

3|2
    1|0
  • If you can support the kid then have them at a young age. I think some couples want children at a young age just so that they can grow up along them and spend quality time.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think its a great idea. I wish i started having kids a long time ago.

2|0
    0|1
  • If they are of legal age and are financially capable to raise a child then nothing wrong with it.

2|1
    0|0
  • Weak drive. Short sighted. Lacking options. Weak. But okay.

1|0
    0|1
  • statisticly, i guess they are too fast and don't plan many things about their future

1|0
    0|0
  • Think it's fucking stupid and often indicative of people who have low intellectual capacity.

0|1
    5|1
  • What defines young age?

2|0
    0|0
  • what is young?

1|0
    0|0
  • Dumb

1|1
    0|0
  • Which age

2|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend and I are

1|0
    0|1
  • Nothing... not interested at all.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's fine if you're not trash-people.

People are perfectly capable of being total garbage in middle age and older. Just don't be a shitty human being and you'll be fine.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 23

• It's a fine balance, I would like to have children before I am 30, but I wouldn't want to be rushed because my 'biological clock is ticking'. I think it's important to be in a strong relationship and ve financially stable first, but if it happens, it happens. My parents we both 22-23 when my older sister was born and they managed okay

1|1
    0|0
  • Hey more power to them. As of this moment I don’t want children for one thing I’m sexually attracted to women. So getting pregnant be impossible unless laws of nature have changed. But if I meet a woman and get married I’d probably adopt then. There so many unwanted children.

1|0
    0|0
  • Im not totally sure which way the question is goig but when i see a teenage mom i dont really feel sorry for her but more for the baby

ik hundreds of yes ago it was normal but now there's so much more you have to do than just hunt and eat and teenagers aren't mature enough to have a kid

And ik not all the time, but a lot of the time the kid ends up abused, neglected etc and they dont get the life they should of had

1|0
    1|1
  • Best decision we ever made, it means I can relate to my baby more when they grow up, I can adjust my life easier rather then changing an established career to have a baby.

2|0
    0|0
  • It's their life not mine. However if they can have kids at 18, I can get my tubes tied at 18. Both are permanent choices. For me, if I ever start to feel maternal, I'll get a dog. I'd rather ruin my carpet than my life.

1|0
    1|0
  • I think you should wait until you have money to raise a child (means college and some years of work first). But If you want kids at 18 and financially stable, do what you want to do. One of my friends became a dad at 15

1|0
    0|0
  • I had my first and got married at 18. Looking back, it was at the early end of the ideal age range, since I wanted a large family. My SO was three years older, and was an apprentice pipe fitter.

2|0
    0|0
  • Wait until you are financially stable and have a roof over your head that you own or rent with ease. After all, wouldn't want to make raising a child any harder.

1|1
    0|0
  • Any couple, that have a stable life and economy, is welcome to have kids. I dont get single parents, since rasing a kid is so tough.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I don’t think being a single parent is anyones dream, but sometime life happens.

• Nobody who’s smart is reproducing.

It’s hard to make ends meet now, it’s going to be near impossible by the time those kids are 18.

1|0
    0|0
  • I waited til after my 21st birthday so I didn't have to find a sitter to go to the bar, but it's your life.

1|0
    0|0
  • None of my business. I dont care what other people do if it doesn't directly affect me

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's under 18 (Teen Moms) you just ruined your life. You lost your Teenager years and must now care for a baby.

1|0
    2|0
  • Why do people swear having kids will ruin ur life? I just can’t see that

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless you can financially take care of a child or two and are in a stable relationship (which simply isn’t the case with most young women) it’s an extremely bad idea that’ll most likely ruin your entire life.
    I see a lot of dudes here commenting about health risks if you wait, which makes zero sense considering there’s literally no difference if you have a child at 30 instead of 18 and especially the efficiency of modern medicine. It’s such a Stone Age reasoning, completely ignorant of all the broader implications of having children, that’s just astonishing to me tbh.

0|0
    2|2
    • 4d

It’ll only ruin ur life if u let it

• Show All
    • 3d

*EXTREMELY UNLIKELY, of course

• 3d

hahahahaha

• way too many people in the world

1|1
    0|0
  • Only after age 18. Minors shouldn't have kids.

2|0
    0|0
  • Their life, their choice. Who am I to judge? 🤷‍♀️

1|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I think they're super dumb.

1|0
    2|0
  • Pull back game weak, lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it is waste of that golden period

1|0
    3|0
  • I think they are dumbasses to give away their freedom so soon with not every giving a chance to go out exploring life.

1|1
    4|2
  • Their life, their decisions. However I would hope by young, these are at least financially independent young adults who are emotionally matured. If these are teens in high school still living under their parents’ roof, it’s a different story.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes