Do women have more opportunities than men?

• Yes they do
  • Not sure
  • No they don’t
    Vote C

4999

What Girls Said 49

• In what area?

• Not so sure about more opportunities for women than men for the following reason.

While it looks as though there is indeed a better opportunity in terms of finding a guy for a relation, I am questioning this statement. Pretty, cute, nice and beautiful looking girls do have indeed a higher opportunity it seems.

Just remember that the world is not solely composed of attractive girls but also some that nature botched a little. While those girls may not feel attractive and possibly left on the side in favor of the prettier ones, they may have more difficulties in getting the attention from the male gender.

Unfortunately, people tend to categorize the other gender primarily on the looks but seldom take the time to look beyond the shell. They might find something far more beautiful. A human being with a personality that outweighs by far the outer shell.

As long as we (me included) tend to think this superficial way, then yes, women tend to have better opportunities. However, if we take time to look deep in the soul of a person, then it is my conviction that this is the true place where there is an equal opportunity.

• 3d

everyone has a personality looks are what matter

• 2d

@armleg I accept your arguments even though I stay with my opinion. I'd rather chose a person that is less nice looking but that I can have an in-depth conversation and to me, beauty is secondary

• 2d

but everyone can have an in-depth conversation its not special

• you should make this clearer, more opportunities in what, sexually yes because don't matter what a women looks like there is some men that want only what she will give,
    in business I don't think so, example if I ran a business and I wanted to make it work, then I'm afraid I would employ a male over a female with the same qualification depending on age, reason the males wouldn't need so much time off for other reasons that's only my opinion

• 3d

That's an outdated statement. Women now days (most) know they can't or shouldn't play the female card. And in my industry, it's never been a viable reason to take time off; unless you're talking about being pregnant and giving birth.

• 3d

@jimyee not an outdated statement at all, its a fact, there is so much in my opinion on this of time off, its up to the parents to be that decide to have children, why should the rest of people have to pay for it,

• Actually, a study on discrimination on the labour market revealed that women are still discriminated against in the application process, right along with ethnic minorities so the only truthful answer to this would be no. If you're a female, black, yellow, arabic, filler, employers are still gonna prefer the status quo white male over you, even if your qualifications are the same, sorry guys.

• 2d

i call bullshit. just because more men are hired for a job isn't proof of discrimination. men are better are at some things than women. the studies i've seen indicate minorities are more likely to get a job, regardless of qualifications.

• 2d

@MementoMori_ ain't that the truth. not sure why it became trendy to attack "the white man" but i have suspicions. she looks like a rape victim for one... after looking at who funds a study, it becomes clear what their motives are. where i live, women have a lower rate of unemployment than men.

• 1d

They have some kind of mixed up Daddy issues that makes them like that. The bottom line is that the only thing that matters to corporate America is green (as it should be because that's why they are in business). If martians could produce the most green for them, that's who they'd hire. I've found that the whiners who claim race or gender is the reason they don't get the jobs are lazy losers trying to blame all their shortcomings on something else. Instead of getting to work to better their skills and become more competitive in the job market, they want the lazy way out where someone hands it to them on a silver platter. They are perpetual losers. You just have to step over them because they are like a speed bump trying to slow the country down out of spite.

• It depends on personality. Appearance can't open door to both sexes but to remain open is effort , oersonality , hard work and determination.
    In some options men are more likly to get high position as its prooved that they dont get affected by family , kids or relatinship matters. Which by years changes a lot as both sexes pay big attention and know how to share responsibilities.
    Also big matter about which country is the question placed about.

• In a perfect world we do. In general women are seemingly more adaptable than men... and men like to degrade us. So in our heads we think we aren’t capable or have opportunities. When rlly we do. Whos to make up these rules that women are 2nd class human race, men. So we think to agree. If women before our time understood that these rules are simply made up.. we would’ve had a better standing. But we don’t

• 3d

"If women before our time understood that these rules are simply made up.. we would’ve had a better standing"

I don't understand, why did women conform to the rules of men back then?

• 3d

"In general women are seemingly more adaptable than men."
      More adaptable you say...

Do you know what men said about women in the victorian era? That they have smaller brains and are less intelligent than men. The justification of course, was self-evident - no female scientists, generals, bankers, etc - clearly men were just more intelligent. Perhaps you could say... more adaptable.

The fact that you identified that women are in a better position nowadays, and you made up an arbitrary sexual difference to justify this discrepance, despite extensive research finding that the average intelligence of men and women are roughly equal, just proves that fact that in fact females ARE advantaged in out current society, or more precisely that males are systemically disadvantaged.

"Whos to make up these rules that women are 2nd class human race, men."
      Actually
      1) In Europe that hasn't been the case for more than a thousand years.
      2) Muslim women propagate their own oppresson, don't blame us

• In which area? If it's work then no, a lot of work only take men (jobs who accept people who didn't go to college) and so it make it very hard for women who didn't attend college (in my country at least).

After for the others area I don't know but for dating the most attractive a person is the most opportunities they get.

• You have to define opportunities. Job wise, no. I think we do in certain jobs as teachers and nurses, but even jobs like that are looking to hire more males. There's not too many jobs that are specifically looking to hire more women. But education? Hell yes, to the point where it's not fair, especially in STEM programs at the collegiate level.

• 3d

Every government field is looking to hire more women, esp police and fire. Tech is trying (and failing), as well as many other traditionally male dominated fields.

• Are people seriously that stupid to believe women have more opportunities than men. Wow

• In civilized countries we do, like just as an example the USA. Not in the middle east or a lot of Asian countries women tend to have from none to barely any rights. Second class citizens

• Ehhhm hard to say.. Do you mean oporunities solely based on sex? Then yeah, definitely. It starts at the free entrance in clubs or dating sites and ends with quotas in workplaces only for women.
    But men also have some areas where only they can shine. Usually though you have to perform well enough in a certain are a to get that oportunity. Only a buff guy can be a bouncer, only a good soccer player can become a world star.

• No this is such a silly question guys and girls have equal rights but its about how the world sees it. For examle men and women have the same rules but people tend to make the rules a little bent like they give one gender more opportunities than the other gender. If that akes any sense

• In my country, women cannot apply for most of the roles in the army. We cannot serve on the front lines.

But men can work in any job they want.

• 4d

Women are physically inferior to men. To be a frontline soldier, you must have a very good physical condition. It's clearly normal and justified.

• 3d

The army is has low recruitment and needs more people, they don't really get to pick and choose the people they want. Living areas aren't a big deal. It isn't hard to have a sleeping are and bathing area just for women, assuming there are enough of them.

The army has low recruitment. A bigger tactical disadvantage is not having enough trained people to fight. Armies need numbers women help provide that.

• 3d

@nathanp97 That's where you're wrong. More people does not directly imply good. If people can't handle the job, they compromise the life of all of their comrades. The army is like a chain : more links is good, but the links need to be solid and handle the tension. One weak link is enough to break the chain. Everyone needs to be reliable whatever the conditions.

• Opp in what? Sex, careers, pay?

It’s easier to get sex but harder for many other things.

Sales people, on large purchases, don t treat us the same.

When buying my first adult car I had a friend come in and say the same things I said to get a better price and it worked. They argued with me the first time.

When going through setting up an escrow they wanted to wait for my husband they finally told me... I’m not married and the condo is in my name.

If they would have looked at the papers they would have known that.

• 3d

That's why i think so many people are deluded and genuinely believe that we are living in a happy go lucky pixies n fairies wonderland of equality. Your story only points out how right i am and not as aggressive hate-driven feminist something i ain't lol. So sorry for your sexist treatment you had. Bastards lol. You are certainly more than capable sweetie. Xxxx

• 2d

@Arielbubble I mean, both of these things were 10 years ago about or so. Waiting for my Dad or husband/ boyfriend.

But I still get the run around at Apple when I have a problem with a brand new purchase. I’ve figured it how to buy cars and not get screwed on my own. I know a lot about cars so that helps. But I also am loyal to Volvo, so at this point I’ve had the same assigned service rep for two cars over 7 years.

Volvo is such a smaller manufacturer comoared to others that actually made it possible. I was transferred to a new town and needed warranty work on my car, the local dealer was trying to skirt doing it because I didn’t buy my car from them. Called the manufacturer line in the manual and had a call back within 10 minutes from the dealer saying they would do the work and agree to replace my brake pads waiving the cost of labor.

My friend who used to drive Volvo went to another luxury brand and is switching back due to poor service on a new car didn’t even give

• 2d

Her a loaner verhicle or other things in the service agreement.

• We all know its true n bollocking to anyone who is deluding themselves about rhe sexes being equal. I am not going to argue about it with anybody so please just just don't bother coz i won't. 😒

• 3d

I'm not clear on what your point was.

• 3d

Basically, i said one thing once about similar thing snd this onr giy just would not shut up about it. Which is why i don't mind explaining this to you later but i point-blank refuse to argue that we are now living in world of equal opportunities quite bluntly. That's what i refuse to talk about lol. 😊 😸

• 3d

Just wastes my credit which need to talk to my American boyfriend with lol

• Pretty girls usually with sexual opportunities or to use their beauty for their benefit.

• These days it’s equal and it’s harder to get with someone.

• 3d

You look like someone whom I used to know here years ago. She was from UK. And I remember she told to me she got engaged last year. :)

• 3d

That is a sweet recollection. What was her name?

• 3d

I can't remember her name. I haven't talked with her much. She looked like an Indian too.

• Just look at college enrollment figures and special opportunities for women only.

• In the West absolutely, in Muslim countries you'd be lucky to not be married at 10 years old

• Depends on the woman and what aspect of life you're talking about.

• Opportunities in body building? Opportunities in jobs? Or what?

• 3d

I guess life in general.

• 3d

@ElvenMr everyone has the same opportunities, it depends on how hard u work. Sometimes when ur born in poor families then it might be harder

• In the dating departmemt and the law. Pretty sure thats it? Unless someone wants to add something

• EVERYONE DOWNVOTE THIS COMMENT I WANT TO START A RECORD

• That depends on the person. And probably depends on where they live

• Western countries like the US, Men and Women have the same opportunities. What one chooses to do with those opportunities is up to them.

• No because they're usually a lot of double standards against women.

• They have more opportunity if they are sex worker other than that it’s men’s world

• 3d

Men can be sex workers. If im not mistaken Scandinavia has more male prostitutes than female

• 3d

Try applying to a tech company with almost zero experience. They will still bend over to hire you. I come with 4 years of experience and a masters degree in progress and they say I am too Asian and too male to hire. White men have the same experience except the visa issue.

• For sex? Yeah

• Depends on the woman

• no, the fuck we do.

• Show more from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 99

• I assume you are talking about sexual opportunities. Men are far more sexually motivated than women. That means that men who are willing to have sex are a dime a dozen. If men could get sex as easily as women can there would be people screwing on every street corner 24/7/365. Women, on the other hand are far more selective about having sex. Why? Because they can be (and also because they have much more to lose since they can get pregnant). And women aren't nearly as horny as men. If you don't believe this just look at the facts. 95+% of porn is purchased by men. 95+% of sex crimes are committed by men. 99%+ of prostitutes are hired by men. Women hold all the cards and decide when sex is going to happen. 99%+ of women can find some man who would gladly have sex with them any time of the day or night. Men, on the other hand, have to put a lot of work into it before they can find ANY woman to voluntarily have sex with them (unless they are willing to pay for it). No brainer. Men have FAR LESS opportunities to have sex than women do. It's just that women don't take advantage of all their opportunities because they don't want to.

• 3d

I see it's easy for many young men to pick up girls at a bar though. They do not have to work for it and take them on dates

• 2d

That's true. But it's only girls at bars who are looking for that kind of thing. They are an exception. Most girls don't do that kind of thing.

• At least where I live, and generally in Europe, the US, and most developed Eastern countries, yeah, definitely.
    Women have the same opportunities as men, but they can always choose to sell their body, their sexuality, their attention or a combination of the above for money. There are VERY few men who can do that.
    Women also get proferential treatment, so you COULD say they have better opportunities.

• Well considering that women are favored in stem fields, are more likely to be hired then men are, favored by laws, more likely to be taken seriously when victimized, are more likely to go to college and graduate both highschool and college due to a push to feminize education etc. etc. etc. yes, yes they are afforded more opportunities then men.

• 3d

Seriously? Half of women scientists and engineers are unemployed and men outweigh women in those fields 7 to 1. So I don't know why you think women have more opportunities when a man is more that 5x more likely to be hired than a woman.

• 3d

@catmandoes On top of that the entire process actually favors women, specifically when it comes to education where males are pushed out in favor of women: www.theglobeandmail.com/.../
      science.sciencemag.org/content/353/6298/474.full
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi1oN1icAYc
      So as I said, we know for a fact that women are favored substantially over men (and always have been).

• 3d

@catmandoes Also the fact that their are more men in the field is utterly meaningless because by that rational modeling, teaching, pediatrics, psychology, social work, etc. etc. etc. would all be highly discriminatory towards men (which no one seems to ever care about, odd how that works) which you are most definitely not arguing. The lack of gender parity does not mean its discrimination. By that rational women are being kept out of construction, waste management, plumbing, oil rig work, mining etc. Are women, or any body really, demanding gender parity in those fields (along with the female dominated ones I previously mentioned)? No. Why do you think that is? Because they don't want those jobs. In fact we see that women and men are more inclined towards certain professions. Its biology not patriarchy, not sexism, biology. Women gravitate towards people, men towards things (which has also been noted in infants and chimpanzees even i. e. its not a social construct).

• Where I live no, but they also don't have less my area is pretty fair minded except the IGA they only hire women. I for one though think that as long as you are qualified for the job then I don't care what your beliefs, gender, sexuality, or race is.

• This answer is for America only…in America women are selected to go to college over men, in the job market they are chosen over men, in dating relationships they hold all the cards. In America men have been destroyed and emasculated, the old-man’s-man had mostly died.

• I dont think it can be stated like that
    There are some areas where there are more opportunities for women and some where there are more for men and some where opportunities are equal
    And in any case social background is far more a determining factor in opportunities than gender

• Sooo... without actually defining what you mean by "opportunities," as in, opportunities for what, and how, and where... then you've asked a question here that is entirely unanswerable and pretty pointless. No vote, sorry.

• Let's see people hiring women for the fact that they are women as opposed to their abilities.
    Women sleeping their way to the top is not uncommon, specially in hollywood.
    Generally exempt from blame and any sort of responsibility.
    And in the most extreme cases women literally getting paid to do nothing. I don't know you tell me if women have an edge.

• Honestly it depends in what case. Men are more likely to gain positions in the government and hard labour, while women seem to be more likely to be hired for teaching, and nursing. So it depends on your context, and whether you're using the glass staircase, glass ceiling, and glass cellar

• If we are at least talking about social and even legal privileges and opportunities for women, I said yes. In social and relationship stuff, men's status have been stuck in the 50's and women say they wanted the right to be empowered by free choice without thinking as much about responsibility.

I pretty much call it female elitism.

• I used to get told by the Back to Work program job developers that "They wanted a female" every time a job within my medical restrictions came up. Of course, this is patently illegal, but there was nothing I could do, because I wasn't supplied the company names, for obvious reasons.

• Fuck it... Might as well post this once more...

THIS IS WHAT FEMINISM REALLY IS

https://youtu.be/fELc6jsD4IU

• No.
    They are often cut off from the most profitable careers and have a major number of difficulties, especially if they don't submit to certain sexist "rules" set by men in position of power.

• In the western world the fact alone that they have a pussy already gives them more opportunities. The more attractive they are the better life is for them. Have you ever seen an unsuccessful beautiful woman? Yep. Me neither.

• I guess it depends on the situation.
    Really as long as I go into any opportunity confident and outgoing I should have just as much opportunity as the next person.
    Even if she does have nicer tits than me.

• They can pretty much pick who and when to fuck. Except for the fat white chicks who shop at Wal-Mart at 3 in the morning. Then again black homies like to fuck that shit.

• I work for a major consulting firm as a director. They are dying to increase the numbers of female partners. If you are semi competent and can make it to the level to be considered, you'll make partner faster than a more competent male.

• Some not all, your question is throwing off some negative stereotype, it used to be that way a long time ago, this is only something to debate in private, when you are looking for a promotion, not to just rant about it.

• yes. they have gender quotas amd affirmative action programs to put them in positions they haven't earned. men have no such things. we have to work hard to get anything. its almost like we aren't equals.

• 3d

Damn that must suck

• 3d

Well that's super annoying. Bcs then the Bois will have that mentality even if they could have done it without the special help. But who doesn't take help when it's free?

• 3d

yes boys will, men won't. i dont expect women to do the same amout of work as me.

• I think class divides us more than gender. So if she's a well off woman or born into well off family then her opportunities will be larger than a man or womans with less money.

• It depends on what you mean by opportunities. If you're talking about jobs, then yes, they do. Especially in the government. I was in a Homeland Security Office, and there were about 4 men and 40 women. Most of them were minorities. If you're part of the minority, then how did you get the majority of the jobs? Because you're just that gifted, or because the system is rigged? I read many of the replies on here, and there are some really dim-bulbs on this site. When you see a female cop who weighs in at 78 pounds, you know the system is rigged. When the fire department is forced by law to lower the standards for the physical requirements, so more women can get in, you know the system is rigged.
    Anyone who can't see that, is in denial. (denial isn't that river in Africa)

• It really depends on the area. Women in Canada get more scholarships than guys do from the government and they have preferential hiring in stem jobs. They also don't get nearly as long prison sentences and are less likely to even go to prison for the same crimes. They have more opportunities because they aren't stuck behind bars. In the US women, depending on where you live have more rights to their body too. Guys have to sign up for the draft and women don't. In a war women have the right to choose not to go while guys don't.

• There are more women than men we have more options womens chances probably decrease rapidly after 21

• If women have the ability then she is always preferable for a job comparatively than a man because she have more capacity to bear more pressure and have much more manners then a man

• Do women have MORE opportunities then men? No
    Do they have BETTER opportunities then men? Arguable and from what I've seen yes.

• In relation to what? In some areas of life women do, in others men do. It all depends on what you're talking about.

• Actually it would really depend on what you meant by the type of opportunities. So for some yes for others no and even maybe.

• well there are 1000's of women only scholarships and affirmative action for women so these are hard cold facts vs. the opinion of feminists who expect to be guaranteed equal outcomes.

• 3d

If we are going to disregard the past why not ditchh all the other mistakes as well.

• 2d

@Tomblebee we can't dwell on them forever, how long should we keep doing affirmative action, after you are equal so shouldn't need it

• 2d

So you don't believe in holding grudges?

• Sometimes they do, and sometimes they don't. It all depends on the field in question.

• dating wise yes no mater how hard i try i have to do every hing perfict girls have guys after them all the time

• Show more from Guys
    69