Would this have bothered you {got in trouble at work today}?

I'm a grocery bagger and was scheduled to work today and tomorrow, with snow on the forecast; and grocery-buying gets pretty wild when snow's expected.

I was helping a lady carry her groceries out and started making some small talk with her, because I wanted to make her feel welcome instead of being silent the entire time like I *HAD* to help her out with her groceries.

I thought to bring up how busy in was in the store because of the snow forecast, intended to be casual conversation, so I tried to start with saying "I don't wanna work tomorrow"...

I didn't mean to say it like it was one of the worst things, but she became IRATE: telling me "customers don't want to hear that" and repeatedly telling me to go back in the store when I tried to help her put more groceries in her vehicle.

She did come back in the store to apologize, and then I got called to the office to explain myself. It wasn't meant to be in a b*tchy (if you will) context, but if I said what I said to you, how would you have felt?
  • I would've made that complaint too.
    Vote A
  • I would've been somewhat irritated, but would've gone on with my day and forgotten all about it.
    Vote B
  • I wouldn't have been bothered by it, but that was a bit obnoxious.
    Vote C
  • I wouldn't have been bothered by it, and don't see any reason to have been.
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
4d
Any more opinions?
2d
Any more opinions, and any that can explain how what I said was obnoxious?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have said I wouldn't want to work either

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

I guess it may have been interpreted as antagonizing toward her. That didn't cross my mind at all before I said it.

• 1d

Have a like for giving your opinion, and a MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have cared.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

People get upset about different things, and I suppose she had some reasons of her own.

• Show All
    • 4d

I mean from anyone who hasn't voted/commented.

• 1d

Have a like for giving an opinion, and a MHO.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• That's stupid she got angry at that.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4d

I guess it may have been interpreted as antagonizing toward her. That didn't cross my mind at all before I said it.

• Show All
    • 1d

Have an upvote for giving an opinion.

• 6h

Why thank ya! I only added that extra comment because I saw that you wanted more opinions lol.

What Guys Said 1

• I literally see no reason why anyone would get annoyed about your statement. Like, it's now illegal to not enjoy work or what? That woman is such an arrogant dragon.

Seriously, people like her should be glad there's a poor soul doing the shitty job of carrying HER groceries to her vehicle. As far as I know, there doesn't exist a single other country in the world where "grocery bagging" is actually a job. Only in the US. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you that you've got a job. But I also think shoppers in the US are fucking spoiled. Instead of crying about a little bit of smalltalk, that woman should better take her thumbs out of her ass and bag/carry her things herself, like everyone else on the planet.

0|1
    0|0
    • 3d

We get tips for carrying things out, though. :D

• Show All
    • 2d

It'll be $11/hour in 2021. May not be $15, but I imagine it'll get there eventually.

• 1d

Have an upvote for giving an opinion. Also, I think she may have interpreted what I said as me antagonizing her. That thought of that happening didn't cross my mind before I said it.

Recommended myTakes