Would this have bothered you {got in trouble at work today}?

I'm a grocery bagger and was scheduled to work today and tomorrow, with snow on the forecast; and grocery-buying gets pretty wild when snow's expected.

I was helping a lady carry her groceries out and started making some small talk with her, because I wanted to make her feel welcome instead of being silent the entire time like I *HAD* to help her out with her groceries.

I thought to bring up how busy in was in the store because of the snow forecast, intended to be casual conversation, so I tried to start with saying "I don't wanna work tomorrow"...

I didn't mean to say it like it was one of the worst things, but she became IRATE: telling me "customers don't want to hear that" and repeatedly telling me to go back in the store when I tried to help her put more groceries in her vehicle.

She did come back in the store to apologize, and then I got called to the office to explain myself. It wasn't meant to be in a b*tchy (if you will) context, but if I said what I said to you, how would you have felt?
  • I would've made that complaint too.
  • I would've been somewhat irritated, but would've gone on with my day and forgotten all about it.
  • I wouldn't have been bothered by it, but that was a bit obnoxious.
    Vote C
  • I wouldn't have been bothered by it, and don't see any reason to have been.
    Vote D
4d
Any more opinions?
2d
Any more opinions, and any that can explain how what I said was obnoxious?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I would have said I wouldn't want to work either

• 3d

I guess it may have been interpreted as antagonizing toward her. That didn't cross my mind at all before I said it.

• 1d

Have a like for giving your opinion, and a MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't have cared.

• 4d

People get upset about different things, and I suppose she had some reasons of her own.

• 4d

I mean from anyone who hasn't voted/commented.

• 1d

Have a like for giving an opinion, and a MHO.