If you have a daughter that is 14 years old would you let her date a 18 years old in HS?

1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• No way. I wouldn't let any 14 year kid of mine date, and certainly not an 18 year old. I would suggesting setting 16 as the absolute max limit age for a guy for her to be dating at her current age.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, it's illegal in most states, and high school relationships are almost always moot anyway. So, probably not.

0|0
    0|0
  • My daughter is 11 and

HELL NO

not until she is 30.. ;) ok 16 maybe. She can date younger but not older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well.. It depends on her maturity and his character. If they're fine with it, you have to get used to it. Killing something overimagining it at the first place isn't a good thought I guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably hard to prevent her but I'd definitely be concerned.

0|0
    0|0
  • fuck naw!!

0|0
    0|0
  • no not hardly

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 8

• Yes, as long as you scare the daylights out of them both by letting them know that even consensual sex can put him in prison for a very long time.

For a traditional concerned parent, this may be good way to go actually. I think you could rest easy, for at least 4 more years... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • The problem is, it's nearly impossible to actually prevent it. They will find a way. I would try to talk to her and explain why it is a problem and why I don't approve, and I'd also talk to him. What else can you really do?

0|0
    1|0
  • No. Despite the age difference being only 4 years that is considered illegal because she is legally a minor (below the age of consent) and he is legally an adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • No way. Thats a child and he's an adult.

0|0
    0|0
  • Way too young

0|0
    0|0
  • No because he's 18 so he's an adult and she's 14 so she's a child which would make their relationship illegal. Whether he's in high school or not.

0|0
    0|0
  • No I wouldn't

0|0
    0|0
  • Fourteen? She shouldn’t even be dating yet

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes