Do you believe in luck? Or is it just coincidence?

Are some people luckier than others? How do you influence your own luck?Do you believe in luck? Or is it just coincidence?Do you believe in luck? Or is it just coincidence?

1|4

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 35

• Luck is something I am facing uncertainty with finding a resolute answer to. My rational side would immediately suggest no due to the lack of evidence. However, I am wondering whether or not the ideas of mental magnitism might include that luck can be summoned through optimistic beliefs. Its so far something I can't substantiate a positive claim to but regardless I hold onto a hypothesis that it may be true.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I can see what you’re saying—- luck could just be an optimistic perspective of events.

• Show All
    • 4d

I actually tried it a bunch recently. I told myself after getting fired Id have no trouble getting another job and the next day got a phone call by my old boss that heard I got fired. So that was eary. Still could just be coincidence.

• Coincidences, not luck. Say we have a coin? Does a coin suddenly act differently depending on who's holding it? No. The same forces are being applied when a flip is made [of course ignoring all tiny little differences of the initial state], but the coin is just as likely to get heads versus tails.

2|1
    0|0
  • Luck = Preparation + Opportunity

Although you have no control over the opportunity aspect of luck, you can maximize your chances of receiving luck by making certain you are sufficiently prepared for any opportunity that might be afforded to you.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are forces that work in ways that we can not fathom. And some rarely ever looked at. For example. One third of the sensory motor cortex of the brain is devoted to the tongue, oral cavity, the lips, and speech. In other words, oral frequency emissions spoken, or sung, exert powerful control over life, vibrating genes that influences total well-being and even evolution of the species

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes things happens because you meet the good person on the right place and good moment, that is luck

i believe you can stimulate your luck by beeing more open to others, telling them what you're looking for job's opportunity for example. Who know, mybe it will make him remind a friend of his cousin who is looking for someone in this kind of work etc

1|0
    0|0
  • we humans like to rationallize everything, pattern seeking did so much good for survival back in tge age that we kept it and overuse it still.
    luck is either a consequence off heritage (money looks brains) OR a consequence of hard work sacrificing years (grit). not even the first case is of any coincidence, just a straight result of survival of the fittest genes which happened to be from rich and/or pretty people's genepool. i think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Luck is based on thousands and thousands of factors. Let’s say that you’re a neurotypical and you see a roadside beggar and you feel for him but he turns out to be a thug and takes all your money, it wouldn’t be the same for me because I’m not a neurotypical and I wouldn’t feel any empathy for him that would allow me to help him anyway. Here you can say that I was lucky that I got saved by my genetics.

1|0
    0|0
  • in my understanding "luck" describes a person by chance experiencing lots of coincidences that end up in situations that we'd see as positive for them. coincidence still stays a completely random thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in being confident. Granted, it is hard sometimes. However, I have good friends that support me. Without them, I would be in a much tougher place.

1|0
    0|0
  • Luck can be the way you look at what happens to you say your in a car accident an your cars totaled but you have not 1 thing wrong with you some. would say that's bad luck but the brite side is you lived with no injuries so it can be good luck

1|0
    0|0
  • In business there is no luck, in the circumstances in which We are born and our genetic traits there are.
    You can set up an opportunity friendly environment by continually enforcing great habits.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think both are possible, depending on the context, or either one.

1|0
    0|0
  • Luck and coincidence are are two sides of the same coin. Some people just coincidentally have better outcomes in life. Not me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, let me tell you something. I don't intend to brag, but...
    I didn't get a position of lecturer on my master studies, and I didn't get scholarship for doctoral studies because of luck/coincidence.
    I got both because over the span of last 9 years, throughout high school and later university I've worked my ass off to accomplish something.

As my automation and control theory professor would say: "Some people spend their parents eloquence to get something, and some people spend countless sleepless nights. At the end of the day, those who become tired of all those sleepless nights are people who are able to change the world for the better, while the others serve as clowns for the rest of us."

1|0
    0|0
  • OK, both of those quotes are garbage. Let's start with that.
    There is no such thing like luck. Only probability and people, who don't understand it.
    Imagine this. You have stack of papers. Like…50 A4s. You throw them up to the air. What is the chance of them landing in perfect stack? No, no, it is possible. It really is.
    But it will never happen. I'd bet my life on it. You can try and try and…the universe dies with heath death or big rip earlier than you succeed.
    Same with life. You want some events to happen. But there are so many other options, making the one you want unlikely.
    Now, do you understand, why I say this universe is stacked against you? This is it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Luck, my cousin was picked out of a stadium of people and won a prize, not once but twice, but she also died in her 30s. So good luck and bad luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in luck a little bit. I mostly believe things happen for a reason.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I hit the wrong button. Lol. We all have choices all the time. What choice we make determines what will come next.

• I think we make our own luck. Always be prepared and have a positive mind set

1|0
    0|0
  • If you want your team to win, I will bet on the other. Your team will win. Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I do think some people are much luckier than others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Luck is 50% while the remaining depends on how you react upon 😏

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in hard work but yea luck also plays a significant part in life

1|0
    0|0
  • There is such a thing as getting a break at times, yes

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe in both.
    Some people are lucky.

1|0
    0|0
    • 4d

I don't understand the difference between luck and coincidence the way u show here...

• 4d

I was just giving examples of quotes I had seen about luck and coincidence.

• 4d

Hmm.
      Can u tell difference between those two by what you know?

• Yes, I think some people are just born lucky

1|0
    0|0
  • Coincidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither lol it's all written

1|0
    0|0
  • Both.

1|0
    0|0
  • Coincidence

1|0
    0|0
  • Yaa i believe in luck..

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• Ig 🤔, but I think ur outlook on life influences ur "luck" If u see the world as a sucky place I wouldn't think you'll have much luck🤷‍♀, where as if ur always positive ur more likely to attract amazing opportunities

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe in Karma
    I believe in Miracles
    I believe in Blessings
    ****I believe in GOD. xxoo

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe things happen for a reason but it also say that I'm lucky or something happens to somebody else a wow you're lucky lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I say both cause sometimes got get lucky sometimes it a coincidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe in luck.

1|1
    0|0
  • Coincidence 🤔

1|0
    0|0
  • luck is self induced

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s luck lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I think some people are really lucky

1|0
    0|0
  • I thought luck and coincidence were the same

1|1
    0|0
  • Coincidence isn't always coincidence.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no such thing as luck

1|0
    0|0
  • The only place I believe in luck are places where you are technically involved in probability. For example rolling dice, dealing cards, and any kind of lottery or drawing.
    The rest is purely destiny and runs like a thread through your life. I don't mean you can not change or shape your own destiny, but if you don't take charge for any reason, or just drift, it WILL take a course of it's own.
    And I think this course depends a lot on the genes you have inherited, the family you are born to, and your birth order, and your birthplace.

1|0
    0|0
  • Taco

1|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes