What gets people to gossip about someone else's relationships and sex life?

Apparently I have a reputation of being a man eater and a wild child. I "use guys and play both men AND women" and I'm "totally cold inside when it comes to romantic love", "don't have feelings", "ice queen". So basically a female player/bitch/fuckboy/whore...

When the reality is I've only ever dated few guys in my life and I've never had sex with anyone I didn't truly care about. Also my life has been pretty much opposite to wild when it comes to these things, I'm not into women, I don't wear revealing clothes or act like a partygirl but I AM a genuinely good sweet girl and I DO KNOW how to love.

So what's with all the lies and gossip? Where does that come from and why do people do that? Cause I don't make lies about my social life. None of what is being talked about me is true, someone else is coming up with these stories. And I'm sick and tired of this.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• They're insecure about themselves and will unconsciously project their insecurities 2 anyone or anything that reminds them of characteristics that they wish they had more of or what they had less of. Their ego does not like true authenticity. So right there, just proof you are doing something right ๐Ÿ˜˜ keep your head gurl. They hate you cuz they ain't you!! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember reading somewhere that the best gossip is a combination of these 3 things:

1. It's something negative about someone you hold in high esteem/envy

2. It's believable, or at least not easily disproven (My girlfriend got really screwed by this one: she's really outgoing and touchy-feely, gorgeous, and had commitment issues)

3. The rumor is vague

0|0
    0|0
    • 4d

The rumors about me have been quite vague, nothing specific, just like "I've heard she's this kinda person", nothing that has to do with any real person or instance in my life.

I don't know who's spreading these or why.

Not easily disproven because I'm social, outgoing, usually pretty liked, get a lot of attention (apparently good looking) and I like my privacy so people could think I have something to hide. (Which I don't, I don't even have stories I could be hiding so that could make someone doubt. But yea, I just don't like sharing every detail of my life with everyone and people seem to find that odd).

• Show All
    • 4d

I know that my GF's crappy reputation definitely made me think twice. I am so glad that I have stuck with her though. None of the rumors are true, and she is such an angel

• 4d

That's encouraging to hear :) I hope my guy will get past all the rumors and sees me as I really am, as he has got to know me and not what some idiots are spreading about me.

• very jealous of others

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• You have to ignore people. Remember we canโ€™t please everyone. Many people that see others happy and in a great mood. They just want to get you mad and make you feel bad. They see you talking to guys and all nice. They donโ€™t get the attention you do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes