What is the best method to counter bullying in your opinion?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Severe punishments for it. For an example, if a kid bullies somebody, he gets expelled from that school momentarily. It could decrease it, greatly. But bullying, like any other type of violent behavior of crime, will always be present, more or less

0|1
    0|0
    • Love your answer

• Show All
    • Yes, I meant permanently too, I just wrote "momentarily" in meaning of "right away"

• Oh i see, sorry for misunderstanding

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• You could try praying to God - I got bullied in school but when I became a Christian, the bullying stopped - the same guy who used to bully me was trying to date me cause he liked my new personality.

1|1
    2|0
  • It depends but if someones annoying me i just ignore them, and sometimes it can take even a month or two but they leave me alone, if it bothers u though or if its like physical then call the cops lol

2|2
    1|0
  • usually ignoring but that's not so easy to do in the first place

0|1
    0|0
    • Yeah, I agree it can offend a person even if they try to ignore the bully

• No, not at all. Ignoring it makes it worse and is part of the problem.

• Not to give the bully the attention they crave. I'f the victim keeps giving a reaction, crying, freaking out their giving the bully what they want. I know this sounds harsh, but indifference is the best tool against a bully. Even if it hurts you, don't give your tears to the bully, don't give them what they want. Eventually they will grow bored with you and pick on someone who reacts to their actions. If they don't, and it becomes asult or life threatening, don't play games, get a restraining order, it protects you and can maybe even give the bully the push they need to stop or the consequences they deserve.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ask them why they do what they do. They start to panic and get insecure as soon as you start questioning them with things like "why do i bother you?", "why do you care how I live my life?" and "haven't you got more important things to do?".

Also depending on the parents of the bully get them involved and humiliate them in a kind but cruel way. At my middle school the naughty kids were made to pick litter at lunch in front of everyone or go in Assembly and explain why they are in trouble and apologise. This worked really well because the main reason people bully is to make themselves feel cool and better about themselves but they stopped it after a while because of the parents complained and said it was cruel (maybe she shouldn't have raised a little shit) . One girls parents made her stand outside of school with a sign saying she'd been suspended and why. She was a total brat and she used to beat up boys for no reason.

0|0
    0|0
  • Guns guns guns

0|1
    4|4
  • Just ignore them, if it doesn't work fight back. They're looking for someone weaker than them, most of the times just mentally weaker. If you just ask them to stop with a harsh tone I'm sure they'll. Don't be intemidated.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 26

• Whatever they bully you with, own up to it. Make fun of yourself with whatever it is before they can. If you can joke about it yourself and not get visually distressed you take all their ammo away and it's not longer fun for them

0|1
    0|0
    • This is a unique answer. Interesting answer

• Every situation and context is different, but if possible, reflect their behaviour back at them in a very direct way, and try and nip it in the bud.

For example, firmly say, why are you attempting to bully me? Or 'don't speak to me in that way'. Do it from a place of moral disgust rather than trying to fight them or overpower them. Often such an approach shocks people and makes them reflect on their behaviour, especially if you don't follow into the routine dynamics of allowing it to happen. They prey on weakness and a lack of boundaries. So try and counter it directly, immediately, so they can't weaken your resolve. Failing that, or if the situation doesn't allow it, it needs to be escalated to higher levels right away.

These people use very shady indirect means, for example, subtly breaking you down and undermining you verbally, gossiping and backbiting with colleagues etc. Bullying often isn't physical in complex work environments. That's what makes it so difficult to counter at times. It suddenly creeps up on you.

If possible, try not to give emotional responses. Because you're essentially not in control of the situation. Bullying is often a test of boundaries and self respect, I think. What you're willing to tolerate.

0|0
    0|0
    • My answer might be more for older people/work environments rather than school.

• Unfortunately, you can only beat them at their own game. If there isn't a superceding authority close by it won't stop. These people are simple minded. If they only speak in force than force is what you use to beat them. If they only speak in deciet then deciet is the only way to beat them. Its a fdog eat dofg scenario. Its a shame and a pity because it's the mob that keeps bullies in check. But because the collective society is so dumb, they can't tell the difference between fun and harrasment.

0|0
    0|0
  • Every time they try to go near you, do what Borat would do: pull out your penis and start saying ‘yeeeees, is niiiiiice’ over and over again, until they leave.

Make sure no staff members are around though LOL

0|1
    0|0
  • If continued bullying then expelling the bully after warnings.
    Also making the teachers aware of this and making the bullying student sit away from the target.

0|1
    0|0
  • We the collective, fight against it, speak out against it and provide no benefits or rewarding behavior to those that do bully.

0|1
    0|0
    • To those saying that ignoring it is a good idea, you obviously have never been bullied.

• Show All
    • Ignoring it is sometimes the best option and situationally often the best.

• @BigFishSmallPond no. Absolutely incorrect

• Not sure it's the best but grabbing them by the throat and dangling them over a 1 story drop onto stairs works pretty well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Physical fights puts an end to it. If they know the person won't fight back it just encourages more bullying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Best way is to enforce certain laws for bullies. Telling people not to do something most of the time is no use instead they are even more eager to do it cause they think breaking rules is cool lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • My son was bullied once, I went to the bully, s dad, told him if his son done it again, I'd come after him ( the dad) it never happened again

0|1
    0|0
  • Today's kids are too soft to go to a local gym and box it out so maybe something that lets the bully feel how the bullied feel. I don't know

0|0
    0|0
  • The picked on kids should gang up and beat the snot out of the bully

0|0
    0|0
  • I have always been quick witted. A few public put downs and I was never bothered again

0|0
    0|0
  • At what age, where is the bullying taking place, and what kind of bullyjng

0|0
    0|0
  • A bullet to the head, work 100% of the time. However, it's not consequence free.

0|0
    0|0
  • Walk away. Don’t cave to their level.

0|1
    0|0
  • Newton's Third Law.

0|0
    0|0
  • Beating the crap out of the bully usually works.

1|1
    0|0
  • Bully the bully for bullying

1|0
    0|0
  • Bang his mom

0|0
    0|0
  • Snipers

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the type of bullying and situation

0|0
    0|0
  • Eradication

0|0
    0|0
  • I sat down and had a meeting with the principal when my child was being bullied at school. They move the other boy away from him and started supervising what was going on.
    Going straight to the principal was the only thing that worked for me. Now if he's getting bullied by a girl it's a different story because he's embarrassed and doesn't want me to tell anyone. It's hard to solve that problem.

0|1
    0|0
  • you hit 'em back hard with a surprise attack that they don't ever see coming, throw sand or bleach in their eyes, kick 'em in the balls over and over, and then you tell 'em who's da biyatch now?

0|0
    0|0
  • Strength. A coyote doesn't fuck with a bear.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes