Do you feel old?

I do... I’m gonna be 27 in two months and I feel like so much of my life has past me by already 😒
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
2d
Jesus christ I never noticed how many responses this one got... thanks guys & girls! Jesus christ 😂

1|1

Most Helpful Girls

• Yeah I do and one of my biggest fears lately is to wake up one day and feel like I wasted my life

4|6
    3|0
    • 27 isn't that old tho

• Show All
    • 4d

Stay sharp. Keep fit. Make good decisions. You'll do great!!!

• 1d

@iliamilik l am not old

Most Helpful Guys

• No. It;s just that we are out of Playland and we have to start making life mean something. Want meaning? Join the Marines.
    Do you feel old?

0|1
    0|0
  • You frigging kidding me? You feel old because you're going to be 27?

I'm almost 39... For the most part I feel the same as I did when I was 23. Actually some co-workers were surprised at my age. They were 21 and thought I was perhaps 24 or 25.

Still too much sh*t to do in my life, and since I plan on living forever, that's a lot of time to do stuff in.

Oh wait... You're part of that Emo generation aren't you?

That explains the self loathing over your wasted life and how you're so close to death's door. 😝

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 52

• @Danny_dan92 yup you're an old man 😂 j/k... I believe life experiences equals age. Like when people say with age comes wisdom. Well if you lived a mediocre life with not a lot of happenings then you probably don't have a lot of wisdom to bestow on others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I'm young still. But I do fear of growing up, being on my owm, death and I fear will I even do good in the future or not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do. I never realised how fast 21 years passed and especially the last 3. But I'm not scared of getting old, I'm scared of not living enough and not experiencing enough.

1|1
    0|0
  • When I look at teenagers, yeah... they're better looking without makeup than me... but I look pretty hot with it on lol... and sometimes I feel young when I look at my Dad lol!

0|0
    1|0
  • That depends on how is my day. If it is beautiful and everything is fine for me, I feel young, but if I feel under stress and it is a difficult day, sometimes I feel older.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I'm gonna be 28 this year and I realize that my life is still a mess and I don't know how to feel about that. I always thought by now I'd have my shit together

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I hear you. When the teen age passed and you become age when you should be a parents, world seems to be down a little. But I regret that I passed some chance when I was 27. There are still chances to be successful even after 27 or older, just grab it when you can

0|0
    0|0
  • So do I. Then again I always felt like an old soul. But my age now I just think holy shit. 0.0 it’s getting closer and closer to my soul age XD. But at least people think I’m way younger then 25. xD

0|0
    0|0
  • Not feeling old at all. I've had a good long "run" and I'm actually feeling young & energetic.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not really, but that's because I know I am actually young. XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeeesss! Then other people can be like no you're still so young etc but can't help the way you feel, I'm like that too, as I'll be 25 this year :(

0|0
    0|0
  • 19 days until I’m 18. I feel like I’ve wasted a lot of my life, even though lots of people say I’ve got a long time ahead of me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do feel old i literally realized earlier today that i was going to be an adult on August and i’m just like wow but we’re both young lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't yet, but I may feel old and passed over in a couple of years. Knock on wood!

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm 27 but people think I'm 20 or even less sometimes. In a way, I'll stay young longer lol

2|0
    0|0
    • You do look 20! I know a girl in college who's your age and looks like a freshman

• I was talking to a 13 year old and she didn't know what Blockbuster was. Hell, that made me feel so old.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know people aren't going to take me seriously but I do, I miss being a kid.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, never once in my life i thought "i had time"
    maybe when i was a kid playing only

0|0
    0|0
  • I know this feeling but 27 is still young... remember you can live till 99 if you live a healthy lifestyle.

0|0
    0|0
  • Occasionally if I’m having one of those “what do I have to show for my life” days

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m close to 50 years ahead of you and believe me you have so much ahead of you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. Sometimes I feel like I’m basically still a child and I hope that will never go away.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like an embryo and a 99 year old grandfather at the same time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am 24 years old but I feel that I'm getting old. lol

1|0
    0|0
  • I doooo feel old and when i think of doing something new i always say nah whats the point im old lol

0|0
    0|0
  • i’m still young so i got lots to experience still

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel very old lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • Not at all!!! enjoy your youth!!

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I have so Much to Live for. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess. I just turned 24

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 84

• I probably look old in the mirror; that's because I am old, but I don't feel old! I have some aches here and there, but I'm fit and strong. Women my age still hit on me, and sex feels as good at 64 as it did when I was 18. Maybe better.

What's cool about most of the Opinions in this post is that most people are concerned about wasting their time. That's important because we have only one shot. As for me, I don't regret the things I did in life. I regret not doing more things I could have.

2|1
    0|0
  • Had that yesterday lunch time... realised I am 36 this year. What the fuck happened, it only felt not long ago I was 16 doing my evening job and going to college... Then I saw a man who looked in his 70s and pondered if he thought "I was only 36 the other day"

My dad died at 47 so as I get closer it gets weird, soon I will be older than he ever was

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I was thinking about this just the other day. All of the things that I have done in my life up to this point. The good and the not so good times. There isn’t a box big enough to put the memories in. If I live to be 90 years old, I’m barely half way there. I still have my entire life, up until now, ahead of me. 😎👍🏼

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm turning 27 this year too, I definitely feel like a grown man but I'm trying to keep the mindset of my best years being ahead of me still. During my travels last year I hung out with people in their early-mid 30s who still seemed young at heart, between age 25-40 it seems like age really just starts to become a number.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel it in my back --- pain from my job.

I feel it in my motabolism --- it has slowed and I don't get enough fiber.

I feel it in my mind --- I've grown dark, dry, and cynical.

Not so much in my heart, although it is somewhat strained.

I feel tired, trapped, non important, unwanted.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starting to see it here and there. That's why during the summer I go out and do as many activities I can to enjoy being physically capable. I work with a lot of old people who basically just want life to be over already. It's sad but makes me realize to live life to the fullest.

0|0
    0|0
  • I turned 40 today so I guess that means I am officially "Over the Hill". I don't feel like I am that old and am looking forward to many many years ahead of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not quite. But life is so unfulfilling in general that you can’t even enjoy your youth.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're in your 20s and YOU feel old? Wow! I'm in my mid 30s and I don't feel that old. I still have a good 30 years before retirement, assuming I don't somehow gain incredible wealth very soon so that I can retire young.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's still somewhat confusing that i'm turning 37 this year but honestly don't feel much different than i did 10 years ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • You're only 26 and feeling old already? Is there something bothering you that's making you feel that way? It's probably just a slump. You'll get over it. There's still so much to experience and enjoy.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's amazing the results are 50/50, not only across all people but also for men and women separately!

I am 25 myself. Up until I was 23, I never really thought much about my age. Now that I am 25, that age of 30 is getting eerily close. Yet, I wouldn't say I feel old at all. Even 30 isn't that old. I do feel a sense of urgency about my romatic life. I'm not in a relationship at the moment, but I would love to have kids some day. I'd prefer to be a young parent, and if I want that to happen, I'd need to step on it haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no... I feel like I became a young adult instead of an overgrown adolescent just about a year ago. But people around me who are my age seem to feel getting older somehow. Strange...

0|0
    0|0
  • When you hit 30 you do but if your in good shape and you really look at it you realize your still young and have plenty of good years left

0|0
    0|0
  • Not compared to usually, at least. lol
    I’m 30 and feel like I missed out on a lot of things between now and high school. (Mostly because of epilepsy...)

0|0
    0|0
  • At 33, I'm certainly contemplating death a lot, yes. Or one's mortality, one should say.

Though I still have a good sense of humour, I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • 27 is when life started getting better for me. I feel old, as in, I can't do the physical things I could do at 20, and I'm not familiar with a lot of these celebrities and trends, but I just don't care anymore. I've done just about everything I've wanted to do. Things that used to bother me years ago, I don't worry about anymore.

Life has been pretty good so far, and I'm still in pretty good shape. Worked for 40 years, retired, and now work a no-stress part-time job rounding up shopping carts. I still work circles around co-workers 1/3rd my age. I try to stay positive, and don't think about suicide or anything like that, but after so many years on this planet, it's fine if I go.

0|1
    0|0
  • That's a very good way to GET old real fast!! The older you make yourself out to feel, the faster you'll get old!!
    I remember being 8 or 9 and asking grandma how old she was and when she said, "55", I went, WOW!! That's OLD!!! She said, "No it's not, I don't feel old.
    Now, I'm older than she was then and I still feel like I'm your age!! Mostly because I don't think of myself as old. That, and the fact that people on my branch of the family tree don't age that fast. Dad was 82 when he died and a lot of people didn't even think he was 62, yet!! I have cousins that are 5 to 10 years younger than me and they've looked old and wrinkled for the last 30 years!!

0|0
    0|0
  • LOL – you have not even reached your prime years yet that’s in your 30’s – 40’s on in some cases 50’s - I am not old yet

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, if you live a healthy lifestyle most of the feeling of being “old” stems from societal pressure. For example, the idea that you should be married with children by the time you’re 30, or that you should already have a career by 25. (Those may not be the exact standards, but it’s the point) If you’re healthy and happy, then age doesn’t really matter. If you aren’t then start making different decisions— clean up your diet, join a gym, go back to school, start that hobby you’ve always been interested in. See if by doing that you don’t suddenly feel “younger.”

0|0
    0|0
  • To be fair, it's not the years, but the mileage. I did a helovalotta damage in my 20 years of military life...

0|0
    0|0
  • I would never trade going back to the younger me who was stupid , unrefined and not as successful. Don’t be so scared to have more experience in life you will enjoy it more

0|0
    0|0
  • Workout, eat well, 3litres of water per day and you will be fine :)

0|0
    0|0
  • i got so much left in life. i got no time to be sad about aging.

i actually love getting older and potentially wiser.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but it really is a state of mind. I know people in their 50's and 60's who are more lively than many of my classmates at university.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel ten years younger then I am - my joints just haven't gotten the memo yet.

0|0
    0|0
    • 1d

The older you get, the faster the years will seem to go by. Enjoy them while you are only 26 or 27.

• No , I'm 48 next month , my knee joints do feel old from years of Army ( inc British Para selection ) and combat sports.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting 30 in a few months, allready some grey hair on my head... I hate it, depression was the result

0|0
    0|0
  • Wait till you are in the your 50's and see how fast time flies. It gets worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • im 26 and i think "there's still a long road ahead"

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes