Is it true that some people do not remember anything from when they were drunk?

I heard of this phenomenon, mostly from Hollywood, about how people do not remember a day/night of drinking. It's pretty odd to me since I remember everything that happened when I was drunk. Does one have to be totally wasted to forget or does it depend on each individual?

98

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it’s possible to get so drunk that you black out.

When I was 16 I drank a bottle of moonshine then chased it with vodka.

One minute I was having a great time outside in the sun with friends, then all of a sudden it was night time, raining, I was alone and I was crying.

When I became lucid again all I could think was “where did the sun go and why am I crying?”

I still have no clue what happened.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. All you have to do is stop sipping beers or wine coolers and go for the hard stuff. 5-8 Whiskey shots should have you wondering "How the hell did I get here?", the next morning. Granted, you're young, so your "snap-back" will be pretty good. But mark my words, 30 hits hard and it hits fast - heavy drinking is awful.

• I haven't yet done so many hard-alcohol shots in a row. Dunno if I should. Right now I'm drunk off of just one bottle of home-made wine.

• Noted, my man.

Tho I dunno if they even sell the stuff over here

• Just look for any mid-range to high-end Irish Whiskey. Bushmills is a good one, too.