Do you think it's rude to refuse someone's invitation because of this reason?

So, my friend and her boyfriend invited me and my husband to stay at their cabin for 2 days with them because they've decided to do the party there. I hate nature and I definitely hate cabins and wooden walls. I am seriously stressed out by the thought of us staying there for 2 DAYS and my body's itching!!! Everyone's pressuring me to go because it'll be fun, but I seriously can't go and I don't know how to say it.
Am I overreacting?

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't go too, i never liked the idea of camping or nature

1|0
    0|0
  • no your being honest with yourself

1|0
    0|0
    • I've been always this way when it comes to nature, camping, cabins and anything related to that. lol

• well don't cause yourself this

Most Helpful Girls

• As long as you can shower, you should be fine. Trust me... there are 3 times I NEED to shower; after a day in the woods, a day at the beach and after sex!!! Note, if you don't like nature... maybe you can just hang in the cabin while they're out... or go to the lounge of the campground? Take a drive even? It's more about the company than the scenery. Girl... you have a CABIN... a tent sucks! I've camped in a cabin once and it was nice tbh. It was more like a house than you'd think!

1|0
    0|0
  • Well, I can see why you're thinking if it's rude or not, but you know you won't feel comfortable.
    So, maybe you shouldn't go. Because if you go, you might regret and you won't have fun.
    I don't think it's rude. Just tell them exactly why you don't want to go. If she's a true friend, she will understand you and respect your decision.

Good luck! :)

1|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• Nah, screw that, I've watched too many horror movies for that shit 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Well is it like... a CABIN, cabin (hunter's shack in the woods), or is like a luxury resort cabin that just happens to be in the mountains? Because I wouldn't want to go to a hunter's cabin either, but I have been to some seriously amazing resort cabins.

0|0
    0|0
  • You got do what your heart tells you and if you don't like cabins
    and nature than don't go , your just making your own self sick
    doing something that upsets you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tell your husband..
    These things will stress you..
    And also add few natural things you are allergic too..
    And you don't want the baby to suffer and yeah you can avoid it..
    Just because of baby..

0|0
    0|0
  • if your health is disturbed / bad in the cabin, I think it would be better if you didn't leave. they will understand for health reasons. do not worsen the situation with the wrong decision

1|0
    0|0
  • Just say, "Thank you very much, but that is not my 'thing' and honestly I think I will be so miserable that I will spoil your good time if I go."

0|0
    0|0
  • dont go dont stay

1|0
    0|0
  • You should try it. I won't die bcoz of it

0|0
    0|0
  • They should respect your decision.

1|0
    0|0
    • I just don't want to sound rude and say why I'm actually not going!

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes