Do you think it's rude to refuse someone's invitation because of this reason?

So, my friend and her boyfriend invited me and my husband to stay at their cabin for 2 days with them because they've decided to do the party there. I hate nature and I definitely hate cabins and wooden walls. I am seriously stressed out by the thought of us staying there for 2 DAYS and my body's itching!!! Everyone's pressuring me to go because it'll be fun, but I seriously can't go and I don't know how to say it.
Am I overreacting?

211

Most Helpful Guys

• I wouldn't go too, i never liked the idea of camping or nature

• no your being honest with yourself

• I've been always this way when it comes to nature, camping, cabins and anything related to that. lol

• well don't cause yourself this

Most Helpful Girls

• As long as you can shower, you should be fine. Trust me... there are 3 times I NEED to shower; after a day in the woods, a day at the beach and after sex!!! Note, if you don't like nature... maybe you can just hang in the cabin while they're out... or go to the lounge of the campground? Take a drive even? It's more about the company than the scenery. Girl... you have a CABIN... a tent sucks! I've camped in a cabin once and it was nice tbh. It was more like a house than you'd think!

• Well, I can see why you're thinking if it's rude or not, but you know you won't feel comfortable.
    So, maybe you shouldn't go. Because if you go, you might regret and you won't have fun.
    I don't think it's rude. Just tell them exactly why you don't want to go. If she's a true friend, she will understand you and respect your decision.

Good luck! :)