Long Question, What you think? Did I Ace the interview or nah?

THE INTERVIEW ( 2 MOMS) : The job is for a full time nanny postion and its for two babies ages 5 months. Driving not required. 50 hrs with payroll

She said we want someone who up to date on shots and flu shot

I told her no I don't have up to date

She said she want me to create activity and edcuational activity for the babies

I told her she has to be the one to create a routine and I'll follow and learn what I have to help

She ask If I was Cpr and First aid trained

I said no.

She asked how much I charge

I said 20-25 an hour

What do you on emergency?

I said I would call parents
and than go from there.

Are you legal to work in US?

I said yes

They ask if I can handle two babies at the time and what I would do to best handle?

I basically didn't know what to say and said I would try to work with the parents on how to go from there. Or try to make a routine similar or have one sleep first and the next sleep after. that kinda of thing.

They ask if I had kids?

I said no

Then they asked for 3 reference?
I said ok

From what you read above? Do you think I didn't get the job? Or, do you think I have at least a chance? What do you predict that will happen? Do you
recommend me getting CPR AND first aid in the future... For next time?

THANKS.

0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I would consider this a learning experience, don't give up on it but looking towards future interviews, try to get the stuff they asked for so you can say yes in the future

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I know... I feel so dumb... Ugh

• Show All
    • 4d

I am sorry that must be hard. Honestly I feel the same.

• 4d

I am sorry to hear that from your end and thank you, that means a lot

• probably not. I don't think you've met enough qualifications for what they want. To be a nanny, you need to be able to compromise with the parents. If they ask that you provide educational material, you provide that material. They don't know what would be best for a child and they expect you to be able to handle that. I recommend you get First Aid and CPR training for future possibilities. It could also help with other fields of work if you don't want to be a nanny.

1|1
    0|0
  • 50/50 chance but doubtful, I think you need more qualifications where you could answer yes to all except having kids of your own

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

yeah ): I told her about the flu shot that I am happy to get them and send her pic and proof. No problem. But yeah... I guess I am too much work... they probably want someone extremely educated. ughh...

• Show All
    • 5d

Thanks for talking to me!

• 5d

No problem

• No way, I think I would take my kids somewhere and leave them

1|1
    0|0
    • 5d

I am sorry I didn't understand what you said.

• Show All
    • 5d

I would be nervous something might go wrong. I would worry about you watching my chihuahua and I never allow him out of my sight.

• 5d

damn... That bad huh?

• Man I'd love to be a nanny for practice but I'm not sure who'd hire a 6 foot tall, African American male with no nanny experience
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

1|0
    0|0
  • Your not high on their list but maybe nobody else is either. Get your shots and CPR training.

1|2
    0|0
  • I think you should learn cpr etc and maybe get your shots.

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• To be on the safe side you should get your shots and learn basic first aid and CPR. I took a class with the red cross about CPR and basic first aid

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

I know but its so much money...): I might actually...

• Show All
    • 5d

I suppose. I told her before I applied that i didn;t have one n if she consider me... Than she just asked for an intreview,... so yeah that how it happen

• 5d

I hope my honesty gets me the job. I promise myself to be honest. Even when I have friends or start dating... I will be an open book... all my bad habits and how I act... lol I think its important to be upfront and honest.

Recommended myTakes