What's a weird pet you or someone else has had? Why did you/they have it?

I mean technically it wasn't a pet but we had a "pet" Possum in my garage as a child and it's name was Socksies and she had a baby. We kept her for awhile, fed her apples, etc but we had to eventually get rid of her so he called up a place that looks after wild animals and makes sure they are ok to be released. They took both the baby and the mum and that was the end of it :)

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I lived in an apartment, and I had a tiny shed on my back porch. There was a large gap under the door of the shed. So Maxine decided to live in there for the winter.
    Skunks are nocturnal, so Maxine would come up to my sliding glass door at night and look at me. How could I not give her an ice cream sandwich?
    Every night when my wife and I were watching TV, Maxine would come and look into the window for uncle Chet. Fuck! There goes another one of my ice cream sandwiches. I had to start buying extra ones. When I ran out of ice cream, Maxine was OK with peanut butter sandwiches. Skunks are really nice and cute, but just don't get on their bad side.

0|0
    0|0
  • I had an opposum I raised from a baby. He was pretty cool.

I also have had a lot of arthropods as ‘pets.’ Pillbugs and millipedes mostly, and they are pretty fascinating.

Lastly, I raised some black widow spiders not long ago. They are cool but are surprisingly very tempermental and short lived.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a barn owl that I found injured at a small rural airport. Took him to the vet, suffering from two broken wings. Nursed it back to health, then set it free.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had colorful caterpillars because they were interesting.

1|0
    0|0
  • I had a bearded dragon named montgomery he was a gift

1|0
    0|0
  • My cousin once took a bunch of frogs from the lake and kept them as pets at our camp

1|0
    0|0
  • I have a male bull snake

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not that weird but my uncle had 2 rabbits

1|0
    0|0
  • l had a very strange cat l called it Franco

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• I had a scorpion named Shelley. An ex bought her for me, I thought she died but nope had a hundred babies and lived for 8 years

1|0
    0|0
  • I had an African albino frog and a Mexican milk snake. The snake was a temporary classroom pet.

1|0
    0|0
  • All the animals we have ever kept for any time:
    -Parakeets
    -Lovebirds
    -Red tailed hawk
    -Hampsters
    -Mice
    -Ball Pythons
    -Albino Burmese python
    -California toads
    -Catfish
    -Goldfish
    -Leopard Gecko
    -Bristlenose Pleco
    -Red eye tetras
    -Beta
    -Platies
    -Cats
    -Dogs
    ------------------------------
    -Hummingbird moth
    -Roly Polies
    -Garden Snails
    -Earthworms
    -Grub Worm

Which is oddest to you?

1|0
    0|0
  • In my city they used to sell baby turtles everywhere.
    In every shopping plaza they had a turtle stand. I bought a turtle, I had her for maybe 8 months until she started biting people. My mother took her to a nice lake where there is rumor of her having many babies there. Now the turtle stands are illegal here.

1|0
    0|0
  • Me and my mom had to take care of a bunch of baby birds for 2 days because momma abandoned the nest. My dad was able to take them to a wildlife sanctuary in the end though

1|0
    0|0
  • A ladybug. I just wanted to see how long I could keep it alive.

1|1
    0|0
  • My uncle had an... wait for it... IGUANA! :)

1|1
    0|0
  • My cousin used to have pet rats.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes