Any advice for a 95 pound woman who wants to get her CCW?

I live in a small town no one has heard of. Unfortunately on the tenth of this month, the mother of someone I graduated with was murdered. Just today, there was another homicide nearby where they lived. This is a small town so there's a good chance that I know the victim, or even the person responsible for these deaths.

I work in the healthcare industry. I'm a nurse assistant on the neurology floor of a large hospital. I commute a back and forth everyday. With work and school, I never made time to get my CCW and I now realize that was stupid. I deal with violent people and drug seekers everyday. I always figured if I had to worry about anyone, it'd be my patients.

Do you have any advice for me? It could range from the best type of gun for me to the CCW class. I have a stun gun but that's only good for close attacks, any advice you can give me I'll be glad to hear.

510