Can you fall inlove with someone on social media?

If the person has all the qualities you've been admiring, even though you too haven't seen each other would you love him or her, despite the distance and age gap

89

Most Helpful Guys

• It's definitely possible, and that's one of the many great things about the internet. For example, a YouTuber by the name CGP Grey who is a very smart man and makes great content, found his wife because of an email he happened to open one time, and I know someone who, through having mutual friends, found a guy on Facebook who he's currently been married to for about almost 2 years now I think, so it's certainly something that does and can happen, but you also need to be careful because there are lot of creeps and weirdos out there as well. As wonderful as the internet is and for all the amazing things there on it, the nature of it also allows for there to be those kinds of people who try to take advantage of others, particularly younger and more naive people.

Also, if by age gap (which I just noticed) you mean like you're 22 and they're 50+ I might suggest not getting too involved with them, or at the very least be very careful. I understand you might like them a lot, but it could very easily be a facade and older people, particularly older men, tend to try and lure younger, pretty women and it usually doesn't end well. It's not something you ever think could happen to you, but if you really do insist on having a relationship with a significant age gap, I would reccomend being careful.

Or, hey I could be worrying over nothing and by age gap you might just mean like 10 or maybe 20 years, which is still pushing it a bit, but it's not as bad as like a 60 year old man.

• Very possible but no guarantees things will work out. Maintaining
    a relationship online is a lot harder than establishing that
    same relationship when distance,
    suspicions and fears start to
    take place.

Most Helpful Girls

• I did, circa 2011-2012... loved him and the phone sex ;)

• My brother met his lady here. Been together over 18 months. Not met, yet, but they know each other very well. It shows no signs of fading.