Is smoking unattractive?

1|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think so, yes. The guy I'm talking to smokes and i hate it! It just smells gross. But I like him for him, his smoking habits don't define him.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes. It pollutes the environment, too; as cigarette butts are the most littered item.

1|2
    0|0
  • not if you're Frank Sinatra.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Very, unless its the occasional Cigar. Weed and cigarettes are disgusting to me. If leaves a nasty smell on everything around it, and it doesn't go away. Its stains teeth and makes people smell like crap, also, having to take "a smoke break" every 20 minutes that some people need to do is annoying and not worth my time in my opinion.

0|3
    0|0
  • Depends on what type of smoking. Cigarettes yes, but I've liked guys before that smoked weed or something like that because as long as it isn't like an addictive type of thing and he won't do that when I'm around idc ^~^

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. People can have bad habits and I probably wouldn't bother much about it, but being with him would harm me and our future kids as well and ofc he will be harmed so why would I even allow something like that? It may be attractive or cool to some people but it's not healthy. It's harmful. So I would absolutely not allow it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Eh. I don't judge. To each their own in my opinion. Personally, I recently stopped smoking so being around someone who does smoke wouldn't be ideal because I know myself and I'd quickly get back into the habit.

But as long as they throw their cig butts in the trash can, whatever.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is - but not because the smell - because of the fact - somebody is willing to do things that damage their health in order to cope with stress.

0|1
    0|0
  • yes. a guy could have perfect looks and personality, but if he refuses to quit the habit that makes him smell and taste bad it cannot work.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can think of worse things. Like waddling down the street with your pants at your knees, with your crusty BVD's showing. If a person has substantive character, good morals, loyalty and a solid work ethic-and I ditch her for another girl with NONE of those qualities-just because she doesn't smoke? That'd not only make me a shallow hypocrite... but also a dumbass... because Id deserve to get fucked over by her, courtesy of my own stupidity.

0|0
    0|0
  • Weed is hot and while cigarettes can give a woman an edgy feel if done correctly, they smell fucking awful and will make her get wrinkles early in life.

Weed though.. that's the ticket.

1|1
    0|1
  • To me, it can make a conventionally attractive woman not so pretty anymore once I see a cigarette in her hand. Don't even get me started on kissing a smoker. No thanks

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really inherently. If she does it really often, yes, but I don’t mind it in degrees. I used to smoke so it’d be shitty of me to discount someone on such a basis.

0|1
    0|0
  • If you're the type of guy who needs help dealing with stress, you're already unattractive. That said, I smoke 'em when I got 'em. Not like I've got anything to live for.

0|1
    0|0
    • Weird theory, doesn't make much sense, since most men, single, married, young, old, dating (whatever) are usually stressed and looking for ways to cope (drinking, partying, working out, getting meds. I mean it doesn't have to be smoking to relieve stress).

• @Nehemoth oh men are allowed to be stressed out. They're just not allowed to show it in any way except anger and silence. Partying is only allowed if the woman wants to. Drinking is a hobby or destructive chemical dependency for men, no other interaction with alcohol is acceptable. Now some guys are just naturally hot, so they get a little leeway. The rest of us are supposed to be golems

• I honestly don't mean to sound like a dick, but I'm not sure where you're getting this info from. I know that this is a public forum, so I'm not gonna ask for citations. But even if we're speaking from experience, most of that doesn't ring true. I know people who show it all the time who are well off (relationship wise), and generally, stressing through anger's looked down upon more than anything. Drinking's usually more accepted as a social thing (at parties or with friends) than it is a hobby or dependence.
      Even if you don't look good, just stay true and don't be submissive. I'm sure you'll find someone who isn't soo oppressive.

• Definitely.
    The habit is disgusting, the fumes and smoke are unpleasant and dangerous for everyone around them, and the practice is an instant dealbreaker for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • no but smelling like stale cigarette smoke is a turn off to me

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Putting dried foliage in your mouth and then setting it on fire is unattractive, This isn't rocket science.

0|1
    0|0
  • It stinks, is stupid as hell and is a deal breaker for me!

0|1
    0|0
  • To me smoking cigarettes, cigars, pipes, e-cigs, vape pens, hookahs, weed etc is nasty. Chewing tobacco is also nasty.

0|1
    0|0
  • Will people like it if I held burning trash around them?

No

Cigarettes aren't any different, with the stuff they put in them.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. I have never seen what the big deal is. What is really unattractive is the addiction side of it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely. I see a girl smoking and I lose interest so quickly.

0|1
    0|0
  • Some guys have a smoking fetish but I would guess most guys find it unattractive. I sure find it vile.

0|1
    0|0
  • well do you find breathing cancer and filth attractive?

1|1
    0|0
  • It's just that the act of doing it makes it look cool. But then again it is just the "act" which is cool not the thing itself

0|0
    0|0
  • Fucking beggars, Labour class, servants in the name of help is unattractive. It's called inhuman and degrading humanitarian assistance.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends. It's fine to do sometimes, not all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. Very unattractive. It's just healthy and it kills.

0|1
    0|0
  • YES very.
    I despise smoking..
    It stinks and it killed both my parents.

0|1
    0|0
  • Dont smoke. You'll be addicted

1|4
    0|0
  • it's disgusting. Ewwwww.

1|2
    0|0
  • 100% yes lol

0|2
    0|0
  • Extremely

0|3
    0|0
  • Yes it is.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. Unattractive.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like it

0|1
    0|0
  • Very much so. It's a deal-breaker for me

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah very.

0|1
    0|0
  • Guys that vape are hot. smoking isn't

0|1
    2|1
  • totally it does not even need to be asked

0|3
    0|0
  • I think not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Very

0|2
    0|0
  • Kinda

0|1
    0|1
  • Fuck yes!

0|2
    0|0
  • Very unattractive.

Looks and smells crap.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes. A reason not to date them

0|2
    0|0
  • It doesn’t bother me

0|1
    0|0
  • Both unhealthy and unattractive

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, definitely

0|1
    0|0
  • It just smells like do shit on fire.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is totally pointless in my opinion.

0|1
    0|0
  • Extremely. Huge turn off.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. 💀😷

0|1
    0|0
Show More

Recommended myTakes