Do you agree with Trump that we should build a multi billion dollar wall?

Not sure how I feel about it... it’s hella expensive and we already got illegal immigrants here... we should instead offer free healthcare to everyone for a year tbh.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Girls

• I don’t agree with anything that he says

1|1
    2|10

Most Helpful Guys

• free healthcare? Nah. I don't like the idea of paying for people to sneak across the border illegally just so us legal citizens can pay for their healthcare.

0|6
    1|1
    • You getting free healthcare too. Everyone for free bruh

• Show All
    • @delicious_cupcake

There's no such thing as "free" healthcare, or anything else that comes from. gov. SOMEONE is paying for it. And it's usually those of us that work for a living.

• Nothing is free.

• The Chinese have a Wall, then why not the Americans lol

1|4
    2|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• So, let's first get rid of the idea that the costs of the wall could pay for free healthcare.

Put it this way. There's no way you could pay for free healthcare for 350 million people with just the projected 20 billion for the wall. That's literally almost $57 for every citizen. Let's say 75% of the citizens do not use it, which is completely unrealistic, then it would still leave for $228.57 for everyone in a year.

None of those numbers, even when multiplying it by 10, would realistically represent the costs of someone's healthcare in an entire year. The option of just going for free healthcare as a replacement is just not realistic.

Then there is the argument that you already have illegal immigrants. So what? It's about preventing entry of future illegal immigrants. If it can have a significant effect on the entry of future illegal immigrants, it already performs its function well. The goal is not to remove illegal immigrants, rather prevent the entry of more using land.

But yes, it would cost a massive amount. That's true.

I'm not sure. On one hand, I'm all for stronger security measures on the border. Because let's be honest, it's in pretty poor shape in many places. But on the other hand, would this wall be viable in stopping it? I'm not sure.

Then there is the collateral damage to the relationship with Mexico, wildlife and more.

I'm not sure, but leaning towards disagree

1|0
    0|0
    • Actually we could and can pay for universal healthcare, that's not up for debate at this point. It's cheaper, it's superior to our system, nearly all other countries have it already and have for decades, 73% of the American public approve of it and if we can't afford it, we must not be as rich a country as people lead on.

I agree with you on immigration however.

• @SirRexington Trump prefers to spend money on a wall, to tranguilise the middle west.

• I think we need border security so im with the republicans. Healthcare for all means more taxes a lot of people dont want that

1|3
    0|0
    • We'll just add it to the national debt. Republicans are totally cool with that now, apparently.

• Show All
    • @FrostyDaHoMan but these do not provide evidence that it is anything more than circumstantial. I know tons of people here in the states that had to wait to be seen and my mom can't even be seen or given medical treatment because she can't afford healthcare.

Also there is ample evidence to support that longer wait times are not synonymous with universal healthcare but almost every study shows that universal healthcare is not only cheaper but a superior system to our own.

• There's a pretty easy way to figure all this out, anyways. If it's true that universal healthcare sucks so much, then we would expect Canada to have worse health outcomes than the United States, right? This is easily quantifiable because both countries keep track of these things.

Here's a web site that compares nations based on mortality rates, broken down by disease. You'll notice both the United States and Canada are about the same for most diseases, and for some things Canada is significantly better.

https://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/

Now, if the United States had VASTLY greater access to healthcare, don't you think these numbers would be a little different? One would think that if there were long waiting lines for everything in Canada that their numbers we be much worse, but in fact they're pretty much equal except for the cases in which Canada is much better.

• Most of the people saying no are you crazy? , well tell me one thing why humans build homes? , why don't they live on open ground , answer is protection , shelter provides protection and wall is one of them and if you don't support walls then i guess you don't know what that exactly means , if you don't need walls i guess we don't even need police , oh wait now we don't even need army what's next school , college?, stop this nonsence , year after year people are entering states without any permit or anything its like cockroaches entering your house, and guess what these people are not poor , but mostly criminals, rapist, and drug smugglers, sex criminal etc, US is not stopping immigrants to come into US but It is stopping all those illegal immigrants which can create another world trade center event , at such events you people are the ones who run away and sit in your homes but there are some brave men out their Our Army, Police, Firemen Who rescue , Its necessary to stop illegal people to get into country like US

0|1
    0|0
    • @ANK360 You didn't meet them but you KNOW they're mostly criminals, rapist, and drug smugglers, sex criminal etc, just because Trump repeated it.
      That's not the way our system works.

• Show All
    • 9/11 wasn't done by illegal immigrants, by by Saudi allies. And US pedos visit Latin American countries for the children there.
      Weapons come from the US to Latin American countries.
      Drug smugglers? indeed, because the demand for illegal drugs is immense in the US.

• @jacquesvol What it all comes down to is there is a right way to come here and a wrong way and rushing the border throwing rocks is not the right way.

• Its quite a stupid idea.
    Like you said that money can be used elsewhere.
    He should concentrate on not meddling with other countries security, sovereignty and sending americans to die elsewhere and causing wars. He would save the country a trillion dollar just by doing that.

0|1
    0|4
    • You mean like paying for the illegals deportation, healthcare they have no right to, cell phones for the aliens, extra police protection against crime create by MS 13. Not to mention the toll drugs play on our society. Have to disagree, spending money on dilemmas caused by leaks in our border is not the best choice of using money elsewhere

• So it is ok for illegals to fuck with our country but we are wrong for meddling with others countries?

• Trump is smart , he had the funding for wall all along , but asked Democrats , knowing they would refuse making them look like ass holes and it worked. His approval ratings are at 54% , the Democrats numbers have tanked. The American people approved his State Of The Union speech by 76% . Trump won and no matter how many lies the media tell you , the American people blame the Democrats for the shut down.

1|4
    0|1
    • Hahahahahahaha, Trump is to blame for the shut down, literally and objectively he is. The polls show America agree. Even amongst Republicans.

His approval rating was highest at 52 according to 1 poll while others that used a larger consensus showed he was at 42, 44 and 41%.

• Show All
    • @SirRexington I know , I am poor winner

• Not if you have to tell yourself that.

• The cost from all the free stuff the illegals get every year is more than the cost of the wall.
    And the main purpose of the wall is to decrease drugs coming into the USA. Over $8 billion in meth came across the Mexico/USA border in a year. Plus lots of other drugs.

0|4
    0|0
  • Yes it makes sense to control who crosses our border. That is a no brainer i m o. Every country wants that. No country allows open border like democrats support.

We have illegal immigrants here, but we can create order from this point forward. We don't have to give up. He wants 5 billion for wall construction. Healthcare for everyone is many times more expensive than that.

0|2
    1|0
  • Might want to add some more zero's to the figure if you want to give everybody free healthcare for a year. The 2 billion he's currently asking for is a drop in the bucket.

0|2
    0|0
    • Bruh.. he asking for $5.7B

• Show All
    • He said he would accept a deal for 2 Billion.

• Ok I have never heard that but he did "accept" a deal to prevent another shut down that would involve compromise from both sides.

But universal healthcare is so much more important than a wall, and it's trillions cheaper in the long run then our current system.

• It's actually not that expensive compared to how much the government already spends. We give more money than that away as aid to south American countries. And free healthcare for the year would cost about 100x more

0|2
    0|0
  • yes we should secure the border, but I'm not sure a wall is the way to go

1|1
    0|0
  • When you get older I hope you trade in your Pollyanna glasses for
    some Dolce sunglasses.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't agree with Trump that often but the wall absolutely.
    I also don't see it working the way Trump believes it will, but any deterrent that huge is bound to help.

0|0
    1|0
  • 20 billion out of 5 trillion is what percentage?
    Then tell me if you still think it’s hella expensive

I believe it’s less than 1% 😂... it’s actually 0.4%
    Is that a lot?

0|1
    0|0
  • We can use Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's seized assets. 14 billion dollars. Poetic justice if you ask me.

0|4
    1|0
    • Ted Cruz also said this.

• Show All
    • @FrostyDaHoMan It's a major labor project and should be funded as such. This is what I want to happen:

We need to build a wall for border security that's not just a wall. A solid ongoing building with solar powered generators and seismic alarms (to detect tunneling) integrated into the structure every few miles all along the southern border. This will create hundreds of operating and maintenance jobs for Americans. You can sell some of the generated energy to American citizens at a reduced rate and sell the rest of the generated energy to Mexico at a full rate. Then over time by default, Mexico pays for the wall and the United States actually eventually MAKES money. Or use Guzman's seized billions to get it done.

Like I stated, none of this will actually happen, because my way makes actual sense.

• You are right

• How about instead of wall. How about hiring sharpshooters snipers. Kill everyone coming over not in the desnated area. Or just buy Mexico

0|2
    1|0
  • I want the wall and free heathcare is great but we gotta make sure if we do that that illegals, asylum seekers and refugees do not have access to it

1|0
    0|0
  • No you build a 50 foot wall they will get a 60 foot later or if there really set up they could directional drill a pipe under it

1|0
    0|4
  • Do you agree with Trump that we should build a multi billion dollar wall?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s stupid personally, but I’m outside the US so my opinion doesn’t really matter on this one.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh so since people do illegal things then let’s just ignore it

1|1
    0|0
  • No. I think people have forgotten what century we are living in.

1|1
    0|3
  • Wall is not gonna do shit they already tried that in Germany and it failed.

1|1
    0|2
    • That wall was not for the same reason did you even attend history class?

• Show All
    • You are so blinded by liberalism I swear good luck with that being brainwashed and all.

• @FrostyDaHoMan Lol how? It's facts. Israel wasn't even a country until 1946. You're the one who is brainwashed if anything. By Zionism. Supporting Israelis is more of a liberal thing if anything by the way.

• No. Even if we did manage to build it (which would take over a decade if we started tomorrow according to leading architects and engineers) it would only solve 30% of illegal immigration.

It's just not worth it. Keep on mind, I'm rather tough on immigration due to the instability of our current state. I suppose strong border security and other measures. I think we should deport undocumented immigrants here who have been here less than 3 years. If you have committed any crimes aside from being here illegally that we suspect you of or have you for, bye bye. But if not, path to citizenship for you. We also need to limit how many people we let in. We need to better enforce laws that punish hiring of illegals.

1|0
    0|0
  • a bigger better border with real security, yes, multi billion dollar wall, no

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it would be more effective to make illegally overstaying/entering a felony while at the same time interpreting the 14th Amendment's citizenship clause as intended, thus denying automatic citizenship at birth to children born here to illegals, visitors, and essentially anyone other than citizens and legal immigrants. That is the true meaning of "subject to the jurisdiction thereof" according to the author of the clause and those who ratified the Amendment. I have included a copy of the Congressional debate to show that I am not fabricating this.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|1
  • No, Trump just has his first lawsuit filed against him
    for his emergency declaration for the Wall.

0|1
    0|3
  • Why are we worried when I first heard Donald Trump was running for President, I was in my high school band room. I shook my head and said he won't last a month.

2016 was an eye opening experience as to how many people were fearful of illegal/Muslim immigrants and ignorant of what he was promising.

Donald Trump main goal, the wall, is nothing but an extreme antithesis of "work smarter, not harder" in terms of the cost and the efficiency of the hypothetical wall.

Mexico has become increasingly conservative, and yet, they still think that Trump is an absolute madman with his demands.

I always thought that the nationalist motto was to focus on the citizens, but Trump has been focusing on nothing but his own special interests, Russia, The Southern border , and our military.

A wall will never did our immigration problems, and will only serve Trump in leaving his mark on the Country. That's all he actually wants, no matter how obvious it is the wall won't be worth the cost.

1|0
    0|2
  • I'm still tryna figure out where that 2.3 trillion dollars went the day before 9/11

0|0
    0|0
  • anyone illegally crossing into US territory should be executed

0|0
    1|0
  • We need to start better cooperation with the Mexicans. The new Mexican president wants to end gang violence along the border as well. We can't pay for anyone who comes here either. If you get caught speeding as an illegal immigrant, you should be an American citizen by the end of it and have to pay the speeding ticket. Whatever the fine is for being an illegal immigrant will pay for their citizenship. I'm for helping the poor but I've paid over $50,000 in taxes over the past 6 years and can't afford the $8000 surgery to save my life. I'm literally being taxed to death for these people to get $4,000 a month. You can come here but I'm not paying for it. Just get a job when you get here. The YMCA chaplain will help you find a job. If you do well you whole family gets their own rooms that day. There's no shelters for me why do I have to pay for theirs? The Mexicans aren't handicapped, cripples are handicapped.

0|0
    0|0
  • Build the wall

0|3
    2|0
  • Not all that Multi, Just What he ASKS FOR!!! xx

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

1|0
    0|1
  • Gotta beat China and make the Great Wall of USA.

0|0
    0|0
  • For what?

0|0
    0|0
  • Trump is a fruit cake

0|0
    0|5
  • Just stupid.

2|1
    0|3
  • not free healthcare. doctors need to make their money too

but, there shouldn't be people without it. that's what i think

also, walls DO NOT WORK

THEY DO NOT WORK, REPUBLICANS

AND HE ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY

HE CREATED A CRISIS THAT DOES NOT EXIST, TO GET YOUR MONEY

FOR HIS, RE-ELECTION BID

GET OVER IT YOU COCK SUCKING, FUCKTARDS

1|0
    0|3
  • It's really none of my business because I'm a teenager who lives in Europe but I personally think that money could be spent on something more important

1|1
    0|0
  • The wall he wants to build literally costs less than the obama care website.

1|1
    1|1
    • Only if you can't tell the difference between millions and billions.

Wall: $21Billion.
      "The Obama administration has spent roughly $840 million on HealthCare. gov, including more than $150 million just in cost overruns for the version that failed so badly when it launched last year."
      www.theatlantic.com/.../

• Show All
    • @NYCQuestions1976 I agree with you that the site should be capable of coping, and perhaps there's politics involved in the planned downtime (there certainly was in halving the available time to sign up, which of course doubles the strain on the site). But can't you find a single link to back up that it's crashing all the time?

I mean, I found this opinion piece from 2013: www.forbes.com/.../ but nothing more recent. (The answer to their question about why people have to verified before seeing the prices is that the prices they see would likely be much higher than they would actually pay if they're eligible for subsidies. Why would you want to put people off the service you're trying to supply them?)

• @goaded It's because that's GOVERNMENT... regardless of party or politics. Bureaucracy keeps everyone employed off the American tax dollar.

• It will only stop the less threatening people. The people that are up to no good will be the once getting in more easily.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Considering how much money the Obama administration spent bombing ten different shithole countries a wall is small fish.

0|2
    0|0
  • A wall and a minefield behind the wall.

0|5
    1|0

Recommended myTakes